Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 123veo View Post
    Well, I'm a grown-up and just ordered a Sprout. For myself. I reeeeaaaaallly hope that the straps are long enough! I have a Fjallraven Kanken mini (same litre volume as the Sprout) and the straps are plenty long enough for me. Anybody out there in Bihn-land have a sense of how the Sprout would fit a 5'3" 140 lb woman? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    You should be able to wear it, but it's really designed for smaller people, so it's not going to feel as convenient to slip into and out of the straps. You could also one-shoulder carry it.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Badger, what is that fox? Every member of my family needs one, including the dog members.

Another vote for a big Sprout!
    He's just a little plushy from Rocky Mountain National Park—I don't know much else. The dog-specific fox is an Ethical Pet brand stuffing-free toy, who has held up remarkably well.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 123veo View Post
    Well, I'm a grown-up and just ordered a Sprout. For myself. I reeeeaaaaallly hope that the straps are long enough! I have a Fjallraven Kanken mini (same litre volume as the Sprout) and the straps are plenty long enough for me. Anybody out there in Bihn-land have a sense of how the Sprout would fit a 5'3" 140 lb woman? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    I'll be able to tell you when my Sprout arrives tomorrow!* I'm a couple inches shorter than you are, but should still be able to give you a pretty good idea.

*Hooray for living so close to the Mothership! Normally I'd grab a Zipcar and run down to the store to pick up my goodies, but between the free shipping and today's work schedule it just wasn't quite worth it.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Kansas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My granddaughter is getting an Aubergine Sprout for her birthday (she'll be 7). I've been wanting to buy her a backpack to replace the one she uses now, but everything else is just too big. I'll be curious how long she is able to use this one, as I'm sure it will last a long time! Also curious if it's too big for her 3 year old sister or not.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
    My granddaughter is getting an Aubergine Sprout for her birthday (she'll be 7). I've been wanting to buy her a backpack to replace the one she uses now, but everything else is just too big. I'll be curious how long she is able to use this one, as I'm sure it will last a long time! Also curious if it's too big for her 3 year old sister or not.
    My guess is that it would be a bit large for a 3 year old. The back section is about 12" long from top to bottom. Average height for a 3-year old is 37". (You may want to look up back waist length stats for toddlers and children).

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 03-29-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ilkyway, my 6 yo daughter has the same green polka-dotted pants from Lands' End. Maybe a sign that she also needs the bag?

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 5'1" with narrow shoulders and the Sprout was the first thing I put in my cart, but then removed it when I saw how small the straps seemed in the biggest kid. I'll be anxious to hear how it fits my fellow small adults.
    I agree; sometimes the DLBP is too big for what I need. That Sprout is so darn cute. I want that baby backpack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok here it goos: teenager (181 cm) put it on but only could manage because she had a thin t-shirt. A sweatshirt or jacket would make it impossible. And it sett really high on her back. NO pictures was the condition under wich she agreed to try.

Here is my middle-child, 151 cm, this works, but is at the longest strap-position.

Here is the same girl a couple of weeks ago with a Synapse 19:

Hope this helps
    Ilkyway

Sent from my phone
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you and your daughters Ilkyway. :)
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Lovely pictures and very informative. :)

vancouver, bc
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ilkyway! But now I'm sad, as I think that the Sprout will be too small for me.... I'll put up some pics once I get the Sprout tomorrow or Friday. I'll try to lose about 20 lbs between now and then.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ilkyway's photos are SOOOOOO Great!

Ilkyway, I just wanted to say thank you for taking such helpful photos. Your idea to turn the Sprout inside-out was GENIUS! I had a hard time picturing the interior pockets and o-rings when I first read the product page description. But when I saw your photos I understood instantly.

Also, I think it is lovely and quite sweet how excited your daughter was when she realized it was HER bag. Thank you for sharing that.
    What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, at 155cm (or so) I'm very hopeful that the Sprout will still fit me, since it fits on Ilkyway's 151cm daughter. Fingers crossed, and I'll find out for sure tonight!

Ilkyway, I agree with K9TB that turning the Sprout inside-out was genius, those were the photos which really helped make up my mind that if it fits, this is just what I'm looking for in a mini backpack.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious to see how it works Meglet, since I am a tiny bit shorter than you. Given the overall capacity, I'm thinking the Sprout for me would be a good option when I don't want to carry a purse or cafe-type bag. Kind of like this Longchamp backpack: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/longcham...ioncolor=PEARL, but much better for travel or the outdoors.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    My joungest daughter, age 6 (though she turns 7 next month) is proud as proud can be: this time around she got to test out something Tom Bihn. She has used a Side Effect and a Synapse 19 in the past and loved both, but this one was for HER and mom was not able to use it byherself.

Attachment 14855

And what a great backpack, I tell you: I want one. In say a 12 L range.

She so much loves, how she can put all her dudas into individual compartments. She has repackt this Sproud numerous times (NO idea where she has this habit from ;-)

Attachment 14857

Attachment 14856

Attachment 14860

Ilkyway

ETA: This is was she carried when I asked her, if I can have a peak:

Attachment 14872
    @ilkyway, your daughter uses a Traveler's Notebook or did she just steal yours?! 😱

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast