Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    @ilkyway, your daughter uses a Traveler's Notebook or did she just steal yours?! The Sprout - a Childrens Backpack
    Pretty sure that @Ilkyway has a spare planner or ten lying around for her girls The Sprout - a Childrens Backpack

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Bijouxandbeads: she was over the moon, and could not realy grasp that she got this present. She kept asking if this was realy for her and hers allone.

Ilkyway
    Sometimes the youngest doesn't get the hand-me-downs! Also, @Ilkyway, would this be too big for 2-year olds? A great-niece will be 2 in July (she got a shop bag filled with gifts for her 1st b-day) and another will be 2 in October. Both families hike.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    Curious to see how it works Meglet, since I am a tiny bit shorter than you. Given the overall capacity, I'm thinking the Sprout for me would be a good option when I don't want to carry a purse or cafe-type bag. Kind of like this Longchamp backpack: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/longcham...ioncolor=PEARL, but much better for travel or the outdoors.
    It fits! I really like the small capacity and light weight. I haven't packed it yet, but initial impressions are here: Does the Sprout fit?
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway, I need some of whatever you feed your children.

Your daughter is much taller than I am. But I am much wider :). So I will report when my TB goodies arrives.
    Last edited by Walker; 03-30-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @marytatto as @adalangdon pointed out... I had a spare and this traveler's notebook is hers now.
    If this fits a 2 year old I cant say I think your great nice is on the smaller side? But she will of cause grow into it and it is a gorgous present.

@Meglet songlad it fits!

@Walker looking at me makes me think it is more in the genes than in the food though we all eat a lot of oat ;-)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sprout is so cute! I wish I had children in the right age/size to buy one. But no.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks to both of you for all the pictures and info, @badger and @Ilkyway: and your youngest is adorable. Such a smile! Both your daughters are lovely, and good sports, too, for agreeing to model for all these pictures.

And that picture where Titus is sneaking up on the fox made me laugh out loud; I'm glad to hear the fox emerged unscathed from his close encounter of the canine kind.

Although I'm too large for the Sprout myself, and my son and all my nieces and nephews are grown now, the simple design of this bag really appeals to me. In a way, it reminds of a shrunken Daylight Backpack, although made with Ballistic rather than Cordura.

~Nancy

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Ilkyway;

@Walker looking at me makes me think it is more in the genes than in the food though we all eat a lot of oat ;-)

Ilkyway[/QUOTE]

Must buy some oats :), although I am beyond help. As a senior, I am at early stage of shrinking c/o osteopenia.

On genes, both sets of my grandparents were at least 5'11. 1 grandfather had a super short brother; other grandfather was only child but his only 1st cousin was extremely short also.

Among us extended cousins, the grandchildren of these short grand uncles are the tallest.

My genes got swapped. :(

Sorry for hijacking thread.

Back to to topic - my TB goodies are expected to be delivered on Monday. I will try the Sprout on.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walker I learned (the diffecult way) that all hights must have their merrits. As a 13 year old I was already 186 cm. Boys develope late so I was HUGE. Imagine what their eyelevel was. I was so uncompftable for the next years till at least some of them had caught up.

Today I habe learned to imbrace tallness but let me tell you I envied my shorter friends quite often.

And on topic: love to here how you like the Sproud!

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

eastern Washington
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a Sprout as soon as it came up during the debut. I wanted it for a small backpack purse. It arrived yesterday and it's going back tomorrow. It's too small and the straps are way too short for an adult. I'm only 5'2'', so I thought maybe it would work. Nope.

vancouver, bc
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, so very, very sadly, the Sprout does not fit me. The pack is not unexpectedly small, it's actually a perfect size. It's the straps - they do not extend quite long enough for as adult frame - and when I extended the straps fully, the buckles sat squarely in my armpits. So, I'll have to wait and see if the good kind folks at TB plan on creating a version of the Sprout with straps better suited to bigger kids and adults.
    The Sprout - a Childrens Backpack-pic1-sprout-gifThe Sprout - a Childrens Backpack-pic2-sprout-gif

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 123veo View Post
    So, I'll have to wait and see if the good kind folks at TB plan on creating a version of the Sprout with straps better suited to bigger kids and adults.
    For all of us wishing for an adult's version, I read this at the bottom of the description on the Sprout page: "Been hoping for a small capacity adult backpack? The Sprout's likely not for you: the shoulder straps are well sized for kids ages 4 - 8 years old, but not so much for grown-ups. We are hoping to introduce a small-sized backpack to fit adults sometime in 2016 or 2017. Don't make sandwiches and wait by your computer – this design is still in the very early stages."

Forum Member
    Kansas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Sprout arrived yesterday, and while I'm sure it would look great on the 6-almost-7-year-old, after some back and forth with her mother, we've concluded that it is not tall enough for her homework folder. (Fortunately, the 3-year-old is asking for a backpack, so will get this one in December when she turns 4.)

Now I am wondering how the S19 would fit a tall, slender 7 year old. She's probably close in build to Ilkyway's youngest, the lucky Sprout owner at the beginning of this thread, in size. I'm pretty sure the length wouldn't be an issue, I'm worried about whether the straps would be tight enough.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
    So the Sprout arrived yesterday, and while I'm sure it would look great on the 6-almost-7-year-old, after some back and forth with her mother, we've concluded that it is not tall enough for her homework folder. (Fortunately, the 3-year-old is asking for a backpack, so will get this one in December when she turns 4.)

Now I am wondering how the S19 would fit a tall, slender 7 year old. She's probably close in build to Ilkyway's youngest, the lucky Sprout owner at the beginning of this thread, in size. I'm pretty sure the length wouldn't be an issue, I'm worried about whether the straps would be tight enough.
    Last year I took a picture of my then-7yo wearing the S19. Here's the post (the whole thread is about finding a bag for a middle-schooler, so you might find it helpful to look thru the pictures of different kids wearing different bags). He uses it still, about once a week, and seems to find it comfy with or without the sternum strap secured. The S19 was also his carry-on for a recent one-week trip (direct flight, 2.5h). He's got some room to grow into it, still, but it doesn't fall off which was the most critical factor I was looking out for.

Forum Member
    Kansas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, haraya! It looks like the S19 might work well, as I think my granddaughter is taller than your son was (she's more like 90th percentile for her age), and she weighs 50lb. I hadn't realized it wouldn't hold a 3-ring binder, but that's not necessary just yet, just a folder for 8.5x11" paper.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast