Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purple Traveling Happiness!

I'm headed to Oklahoma for a week to get some additional job training and took along my A45 (Aubergine/Zest) and MB (Aubergine/NW Sky) along for the trip. I got to the airport super early since hubby dropped me off before work. That has given me time to capture some photos. I love how the bag fits as a carry on so well!
    Here are a few pics:
    Purple Traveling Happiness!-image1-jpgPurple Traveling Happiness!-image2-jpgPurple Traveling Happiness!-image3-jpg

I admit I was a tiny bit worried that the A45 wouldn't fit as a carry on because it seemed so big when I got it. I had really gotten used to my Western Flyer, which is quite a bit more compact. I packed for a full week. I've got an unusual circumstance in that I'm not staying at a hotel. I don't think there are any hotels close to where I'm going to be. Instead, I'll be staying with one of the company's employees. That means I can't rely on toiletries being supplied at all. To combat the carry-on only liquid challenge, I'm bringing solids of shampoo and soap and very little pots containing my lotion and conditioner. I did bring my therapeutic oils (only three). I'm not much of a make-up wearer, so I didn't have any trouble there.

I return home on Saturday. I am looking forward to the opportunity to learn more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorgeous combo! Safe travels :)

Forum Member
    Oklahoma but I'm a native Kansan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we're supposed to have any possibility of severe weather until after you fly home again! I believe it's going to be in the 70's/80's this week during the day. The evenings have been cool, almost cold, but that will change mid-week or later. We've had to delay planting some of our garden because the soil has been too wet; normally, there's not quite that much rain in April.

I am loving all that purple! I hope you enjoy your time here; if it is a business trip, you may not have much time for exploring.

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the Aubergine!

As a former Okie: if I'm guessing correctly it sounds like you might be going to southeast Norman, in which case check out Slim Chickens (if you like chicken strips). :) People will tell you that Raising Cains is great but in my opinion Slim Chickens is the greatest of chicken strip franchises in Oklahoma/Norman. You might check out Lake Thunderbird if you're in the area, too! Just be aware that many lakes in Oklahoma have red dirt/clay -- it will stain your swimwear.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our family loves purple too!....lots of aubergine and ultraviolet stuffs....lol

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everyone! I've been in a teeny tiny spot on the map: The Institute for Excellence in Writing. It is located quite near the Clear Creek Abbey. I drove by the abbey tonight. It is tucked way back in there and takes quite awhile to get to it off the main roads.

As much as I would really love to go to Slim Chickens, it's not going to happen this round. I drive more than one hour one way to get to the office and then at the end of the day repeat those steps in reverse order. I'm exhausted. It's been almost 20 years since I've worked full time, and I'm still adjusting to my "new normal" body after the pulmonary embolism, so I pretty much just tumble into bed at the end of the day.

Still, I've been able to enjoy the trip. The scenery in this part of the state is beautiful! My MB is serving quite nicely as my laptop bag, and I'm very thankful I remembered to bring my Travel Tray (in Nordic) and my Steel Shoulder Bag Packing Cube. The Packing Cube has served as my "purse" for the trip. The Travel Tray keeps me sane and organized in my exhausted state when I get back for the night.

I have one more day to go and then I head back to Florida. I'm going to need a rest before I am able to get back into the groove of daily life at home!

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow! I was completely off mark. I was guessing you were at the USPS facility in south Norman, which a lot of engineers and mechanics for USPS go to and can be a bit out of the way if you end up staying at the facility in order to not have to drive half an hour through the city or on the highways. I've been to Muskogee and Talequah a handful of times but never up quite that way! It's a beautiful drive out on the east side of Oklahoma but yikes, over an hour each way is a bit much! That does sound exhausting!

NY Finger Lakes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Clear Creek Abbey seems a beautiful, soulful place!! Certainly an appealing setting for a writing institute, and many other meaningful (and playful!) pastimes. Purple bags....of course, what else?!

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heading home tomorrow. It's been an exhausting yet exhilarating trip. It will be good to see my family and sleep in my own bed!