Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    Maybe I am confused ... but any reason not to use the front zippered pocket for holding our ginormous phones? Or is it just preference to want to put the phone in vertically in the the SE interior pocket?

Cheers!
    Yeah, you are right @tpnl. It could. The reason is just solely on me.
    I will prefer the phone to be place in the interior pocket - either vertically or horizontally. Horizontally wouldn't work because the length of the individual pocket is short in length. I don't feel like placing my phone up front as I prefer my phone stay the nearest to my body. I also think that if the phone is place in the middle on the Bag (interior pocket) between the Front Exterior Pocket and Main Compartment, shall somehow the SE decided to fell or throw or impact, the effect is being cushioned. I hope it make sense, probably I think too much.

Also, my phone screen is cracked since quite a few months ago. Because of this, I'd been quite extra careful. No one to be blame for my cracked screen phone except myself, being careless.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An another update in late 2018, since the first post.

Time sure flies. It's been more than 2 years since the original post and Daylight Briefcase is still my prefer briefcase for my Work scenario. However, in between these period, I had willingly tried others bag - TB (inclusive The Stowaway, sadly :( it didn't work out as what I expected. My $$. Oh well~ ) and other brands, somehow I still make my way back to Daylight Briefcase. I still hope to see a deeper or wider DLBC, though. Do you think I could ask for a more premium DLBC? Deeper and the top handle, can incorporate from The Stowaway.

I got the Small Snake Charmer on this February and only quite recently (I think, last month) I started to use it a lot - carrying it as my EDC Pouch at home and at work. I somehow grow in need of it. It is very versatile, its dual-pocket - very packable, expandable and if you don't use it much, it can be easily be slim down too. It also sit well on one's table or any surface, with two pockets open for easy retrieval and one could throw everything in.

I used to have a Large Snake Charmer or the Original Snake Charmer in Olive Parapack which I gave it my wife. I found it too large. Right now, since I have both size, I still prefer the Small. Its smallness offer more structure especially resting it, stand on a surface.

Another About Daylight Briefcase, after 1 Year of Using as Work EDC-dlbc-rear-pocket-snake-charmer-side-effect-2-jpg
    This is normally how I carry my Daylight Briefcase, with the rear pockets opened and the two (SE and SC) popped out. Haha. It may not be advisable for one to carry that way, if they going through Public Transport. But for me, it is just between my car to my workplace or home. I definitely would love to carry them in the main compartment, but unfortunately the compartment is full. Nonetheless, I wouldn't mind to carry this way - front against my body and the rear facing out.

Another About Daylight Briefcase, after 1 Year of Using as Work EDC-dlbc-rear-pocket-snake-charmer-side-effect-closer-look-fitting-jpg
    Note: The Side Effect is filled, as illustrated in further photo below. However, the Snake Charmer is near-empty.

Why I carry both? Especially that the Snake Charmer is near empty.
    I used Snake Charmer to hold whatever accessories when I was in-premise like my workplace between my Office Table to my Colleague Table in Retail Operation, or to my another Colleague Table in Warehouse. I'd decided to do another quick review with more photos, very soon in the another Topic. I will post a link in another post in this Topic when it is up.

Another About Daylight Briefcase, after 1 Year of Using as Work EDC-dlbc-rear-pocket-snake-charmer-side-effect-jpg

I manage to squeeze both (quite empty) Small Snake Charmer and filled Side Effect.
    The Side Effect, I bought quite sometimes ago (probably last year). I didn't really find it practical as an external bag, to be carry externally like Café Bag or even Waist Pack. I find such way carrying the Side Effect, require elegant effort. Haha. However, just yesterdays, I find Side Effect very practical as a bag-in-bag solution. Just like the photo above.

The limited Side Effect, as compare to very-expandable Snake Charmer, allow me to elegantly insert stuff neatly and ensure stuff seated precisely to maximize the limited space. Most importantly, maximize space as well as maintain its slimness. There are pros & cons, though. Nonetheless, the Side Effect work out beautifully in my use scenario.

Now, I also understand why Halcyon is a way better choice than Ballistic.
    I also have a Mars Red/Canyon Side Kick. I practice packing the SK and place in the rear pocket of DLBC. The SK inserted in wonderfully. However, I find the height of SK out of reach, in a way that I couldn't have a detail look of the contents in one go. My Halcyon Side Effect allow bigger top opening and the content is glanceable as well as easy grab and go. Perhaps, my SK is ballistic - a bit stiff and it is a vertically deeper bag too.

Another About Daylight Briefcase, after 1 Year of Using as Work EDC-side-effect-snake-charmer-01-same-contents-jpg
    Both, carries the same contents. Except a rectangular receipt books, which its edges couldn't fit in Snake Charmer.
    Oops, just realize the Side Effect missing a Powerbank. Nonetheless, it still very well able to fit in. See next photo

Another About Daylight Briefcase, after 1 Year of Using as Work EDC-side-effect-01-closeup-jpg

While packing up the Side Kick, I also realize, for the first time that there are more built-in pockets on SK than Side Effect. There are pockets internally on both sides of Side Kick. However, Side Effect only has 2 pockets on one side internally. I wonder why and how I hope the Side Effect also has a larger, one pocket horizontally on another side - just to insert folded receipts or even small Notepad or Notebook like Fieldnotes. With such pocket, this is ensure it wouldn't be mix with anything on the main compartment. Or could add as a built-in divider. I also find the Side Effect could very well do an all-lining for its main pocket's interior. I remember when I got the Side Effect and have a look for the first time, I was disappointed not to see all of its main pocket interior to be lined.

Now, Side Effect got me hook. I am wishing Tom Bihn could release Halcyon with 210 Ballistic, to allow more colorful combo, yet maintaining the packability of Halcyon advantages.

Below are some photo that I took, but don't feel necessary to be part of this post - yet don't feel like wasting it by not posting up. Maybe some might find it interesting.

Another About Daylight Briefcase, after 1 Year of Using as Work EDC-side-effect-snake-charmer-03-top-jpg

Another About Daylight Briefcase, after 1 Year of Using as Work EDC-side-effect-02-jpg

Before I close this post, may I ask again - can TB consider a premium DLBC? :P Like I mentioned above.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 08-23-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Rearrange. Another remarks. Update it again after 18hours.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2