Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any pictures of the Vertical Brain Cell on its own?

I'm thinking about getting the 15" Macbook Vertical Brain Cell. I'll probably get the Absolute Strap with it. But, I was wondering what it would look like if I carried the Brain Cell on its own, without a bag. Are there any pictures of someone carrying the Brain Cell like a messenger bag? I've tried searching but haven't found anything so far

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go - freshly minted. As this is probably the last hoorah for the Brain Cell as it is being retired, I thought I would also had now my other 2 Vertical Brain Cell look. In total, here is how Vertical Brain Cells Size 4z, 1 and 6z look carried on their own - note that they are now made of the very nice Parapack material:

Vertical Brain Cell Size 4z (for 15" MBP or similar sized laptop):

Any pictures of the Vertical Brain Cell on its own?-bc_size4z-jpg

Vertical Brain Cell Size 1 (for 17" MBP or similar sized laptop - e.g. 15.6" Lenovo):

Any pictures of the Vertical Brain Cell on its own?-bc_size1-jpg

Vertical Brain Cell Size 6z (for 13" MBP or similar sized laptop - e.g. 14" Dell):

Any pictures of the Vertical Brain Cell on its own?-bc_size6z-jpg

Also see my blog post that shows some other ways enhance the carry capacity of the Brain Cell using TB pouches:

Design Spotlight - Brain Cell

Sad to see them go as they are the lightest, most functional cases I have found that provide the best laptop protection in a real fall - not just an inch or 2 ... :(

Hope this helps
    Cheers!

Edit: I forgot to add - for reference, I am 5'11" and wide build (size 48-50 shoulder jackets).
    Last edited by tpnl; 08-05-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    Here you go - freshly minted. As this is probably the last hoorah for the Brain Cell as it is being retired, I thought I would also had now my other 2 Vertical Brain Cell look. In total, here is how Vertical Brain Cells Size 4z, 1 and 6z look carried on their own - note that they are now made of the very nice Parapack material

Sad to see them go as they are the lightest, most functional cases I have found that provide the best laptop protection in a real fall - not just an inch or 2 ... :(

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Thanks for the pictures! That was exactly what I was looking for. It actually looks slightly different to what I thought.

I completely agree about them being discontinued. I'm hoping they'll be replaced with something similar in the future. The only alternative case seems to be Pelican which is overkill, imho. But, I'm hoping to grab one before stock runs out. Especially since I'm looking to get a new laptop before October.

Thanks again for the help!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    Here you go - freshly minted. As this is probably the last hoorah for the Brain Cell as it is being retired, I thought I would also had now my other 2 Vertical Brain Cell look. In total, here is how Vertical Brain Cells Size 4z, 1 and 6z look carried on their own - note that they are now made of the very nice Parapack material.
    @tpnl,

The new Parapack material used for the Brain Cells is super nice. Do you know when they switched over from 500d Cordura to the Parapack for Brain Cells? I'm pretty sure that it was only within the last year (maybe August of 2015?).

moriond