Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRD View Post
    Finally back on a laptop and can upload the photos.
    Attachment 17490
    Attachment 17491
    I have an older version of that bottle and can attest that it fits perfectly, even leaving some wiggle room assuming the rest of the bag isn't overpacked. I was pleasantly surprised to see that.

Northeast US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Side Kick a dream come true

I just purchased a Sidekick and I love it already. I thought about keeping it for myself, but as my mom is heading into major surgery in a few weeks, I would love to kit it out as a little recovery bag for her to have by her side in the hospital and also once she's able to return home.

She'll have all her preferred toiletries and clothes with her already, but even though she won't have much of an attention span for reading or watching movies (at least at first), I want to kit out the bag with things that could give her comfort and keep her occupied. I'm already planning on using one of the pockets for her prayers (it's the equivalent of a small moleskin planner in size), but could use help on ideas for how to kit out the rest.

If you or one of your loved ones had to spend time in the hospital for any length of time, what things did you/they want by your (their) side? What brought you comfort or joy, or just helped to pass the time?

Keep in mind, my mom is not a knitter/sewer in any capacity (nor would I imagine she'd have the energy/focus for it if she were), but would love to hear any and all of your thoughts and/or ideas.

Thanks in advance!!

The Side Kick a dream come true
    blackbird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    I just purchased a Sidekick and I love it already. I thought about keeping it for myself, but as my mom is heading into major surgery in a few weeks, I would love to kit it out as a little recovery bag for her to have by her side in the hospital and also once she's able to return home.

She'll have all her preferred toiletries and clothes with her already, but even though she won't have much of an attention span for reading or watching movies (at least at first), I want to kit out the bag with things that could give her comfort and keep her occupied. I'm already planning on using one of the pockets for her prayers (it's the equivalent of a small moleskin planner in size), but could use help on ideas for how to kit out the rest.

If you or one of your loved ones had to spend time in the hospital for any length of time, what things did you/they want by your (their) side? What brought you comfort or joy, or just helped to pass the time?

Keep in mind, my mom is not a knitter/sewer in any capacity (nor would I imagine she'd have the energy/focus for it if she were), but would love to hear any and all of your thoughts and/or ideas.
    What a thoughtful idea for your mom! My only point of reference is being in the hospital postpartum, and I often wished for a little caddy. In retrospect, a Travel Tray would have done the trick beautifully, but I know the Sidekick will be great too. Here are a few ideas:

A spot for meds
    Snacks - energy bars, nuts, cheese, chocolate, dried fruit, etc
    Fuzzy socks
    Sudoku/crossword booklet
    Mini photo album
    Hankie/pack of tissues
    Field Journal and a nice pen

Let us know how it works out!

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earbuds? Maybe with something to listen to (radio, whatever... maybe not anything that would be a disaster to lose), but even if not, if she has a tv the earbuds may work with them.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are so thoughtful! I’ve been in the hospital twice in the past 18 months for knee replacements, and each time I took a Travel Tray. It cinches closed nicely for packing or transport, but then it opens wide and makes a great way to collect all the bits and bobs that seem to gather whenever you are staying overnight. For me, this included lip balm [my lips always get dry after surgery, especially in the dry hospital air], eye drops [dryness again], a travel-sized tube or bottle of hand lotion [do we see a pattern of dryness emerging here?], and my iPhone with earbuds. If your mother needs glasses, they are important to include as well.

But since you already have the SideKick, I think that would also work well for her hospital needs. It's large enough to hold a lot, has pockets for organization, and it opens fairly wide so she will have easy access to her things.

I second what @terayon said about the earbuds, by the way. Even though I am an avid bookworm, I couldn’t concentrate on reading or doing puzzles or anything like that after my surgeries. I couldn’t even concentrate on the movies I had loaded up on my iPad. But I could lie back and listen to music. I made a special playlist just for the hospital, and I made a second one of environmental/binaural sounds designed to help relax me. Maybe you could do that for your mom? It would be great for her to listen to during the anxious pre-op time, while she's waiting for surgery.

I wish her the best of luck with her procedure, and hope all goes well for her.

~Nancy
    Last edited by ncb4; 03-04-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my new SK! Fits everything I need for the day and it fits perfectly in my matching Swift.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of this evening, there are all sorts of colors of the Side Kick newly in stock. And I'm so excited because I just successfully ordered my dream color, Burnt Orange. Yes, fellow orange-o-philes: it's here at last, with a Northwest Sky lining. Oh frabjous day!

~Nancy

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my Sidekick two days ago. I am in awe of its beauty, but wasn't sure of a use. But I took it to a lecture last night and love it! It carried Bose QC35 headphones not in a case, Hobonichi Weeks, a pen and pencil, and my phone and wallet.
    The Sidekick was weightless even with the headphones. It's a great bag for going out at night when you just ned a few things. I also managed to cram a small shop bag in there!
    So pretty. I love Nordic. It pairs well with wasabi. I want Nordic everything now.
    The Side Kick a dream come true-img_4966-jpg

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the twin to your Nordic/Wasabi sidekick, I got it yesterday :)
    I really like it, I could see using this as my every day bag for short trips. The Nordic Halcyon is absolutely beautiful, and pretty gender-neutral. I could see my husband carrying this bag if I end up not using it. For longer trips I'd probably still reach for my s19. I also have an SCB (used from Craigslist) that should be arriving today or tomorrow that may turn into my every day bag instead.
    I think I have to get to know them both first.

Washington DC-ish
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    My Steel/Iberian Sidekick arrived today. I'm so excited for Friday (my day off) because I'll have time to play around with it.
    As a follow-up, I'm quite happy with my Sidekick purchase even though I'm carrying it less than I thought I would - mostly because I've been so darn busy. So far, I've used the Sidekick as a weekend EDC. After many years, I've finally found joy with using my Side Effect as a bag-in-bag - this is no doubt related to the fact that I've had to carry a bunch of different stuff to work lately and have been switching between larger bags frequently.

With Spring around the corner, after a short and late winter in the Washington DC area, I think it likely that I'll be using the Sidekick more as a daily bag. More updates in the future.

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just ordered a Verde/Northwest Sky Side Kick! Really excited about this!
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

cave of caerbannog
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the Side Effect was perfect....

I do not need a Side Kick....I do not need a Side Kick.....I do not need a Side Kick.....

fighting a losing battle here....

I do not need a Side Kick....I do not need a Side Kick.....I do not need a Side Kick.....
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
    be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so sorry...but I think you really need to get a SK!! :) I'll echo the love others are showing. It's my EDC purse and it is perfect. It carries everything I need with room for more. Mine is Steel/Iberian and I love it. I have been eyeing some of the new colors but I don't know why. If I've already got the "perfect" bag, why would I get another one? I'm trying to hold out for an Original Halcyon DLBP! (And maybe another SK just to make shipping worth it.)
    Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes agreed the Side Kick is amazing!! Especially spacious in halcyon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got one coming soon! Can't wait.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast