Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute

Ok I might have gone a bit crazy here. Sadly no sunshine today, but here go the knew sizes:

This are ALL the sizes, the bigest one is "old" though.
    New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute-imb_6663_bildgr-e-ndern-jpg

Here in front of the Yeomen the A45, A30 and NFTD all in Aubergine
    New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute-imb_6664_bildgr-e-ndern-jpg

And here the smalles Yeoman than the NFTD (Nightflight Travelduffel) in the middle and the next size Yeoman for better comparison.
    New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute-imb_6666_bildgr-e-ndern-jpg

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And than me and my husband started to play around with them:

New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute-imb_6677_bildgr-e-ndern-jpg

New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute-imb_6705_bildgr-e-ndern-jpg

As I started to try and pack as minimal as posslibe when traveling by plane this looks like moving house to me know. Though admitadly: when we go by car... we tent to pack a LOT (including our duvets and a ton of stuffed animals for the girls)

Ilkyway
    Attached Images Attached Images New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute-imb_6692_bildgr-e-ndern-jpg  New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute-img_3068_bildgr-e-ndern-jpg 
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pictures!

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LordAnubis you would not belive how often we had to collect the lot again... they did not want to cooperate. :-)

Ilkyway

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway,

If you have the Night Flight Travel Duffle, can you do a comparison? Because my estimate is that the Small Size Yeoman Duffel is the closest to the NFTD -- similar cross section (can fit a Clear Quarter Packing Cube).

Hi All,

I'm much more excited about the family of Yeoman Duffels than I expected -- this is a great size bag for all the kids to take to their dance classes/swimming/judo/soccer practice, etc. and for moms and dads who are driving them around. It scales up to the size of the equipment and activity, is durable, and collapses pretty flat.

And, for those of you who need to carry around toys -- the large, stuffed kind for your kids/pets/etc. this is absolutely wonderful. I used to wonder about all the people who would get onto the plane at Miami with huge stuffed animals and purchases (Walt Disney world, and shoppers going back to points in South America). Well, if you need storage that is light weight, durable, and that expands to hold everything you come back with -- especially items like large stuffed animals that are bulky but light -- this is the bag for you!

I'm going to probably see the most use from the Mini -- since my shoes fit entirely in the length, and the cross-section holds a Moleskine journal, or iPad Mini, etc. I'd really like to see an evaluation/review from someone who has the NFTD!

moriond

ETA: I notice they change the photos on the product page over time, and that some pictures I like either go away later, or aren't shown on debut day but later turn up (for a while). Here's one that I like that shows the use of the Yeoman Duffel for stuffed toys:
    New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute-yeoman-duffel-tom-bihn-lifestyle-9_large-jpg
    (Added well after the initial post)
    Last edited by moriond; 12-04-2016 at 10:32 AM.

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    moriond I am with you, these knew sizes cover like EVERY packing needs. I agree, that the smalles one compares best to the NFTD, but so that everybody can judge for themselfs I put it inbetween the two smallest Yeomen in the last picture first post.

My girls have kind of stolen away my and my husbands NFTD for car travel (they can get away even for a week with that size as their clothes are smaller). I already had decided to order two more as it is my faverit car travel bag. But now I will play with the Yeomen first, they might very well fill the void.

Ilkyway

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think that the multi-sized Yeoman Duffel family will also work for some folks who liked the NFTD design, but had problem with shoes. On the other hand, it doesn't have the same degree of organization, but for some purposes not having the divider between center compartment and sides makes it easier to reconfigure.

Also, for anyone who might be worried about this -- the Steel color in these Duffels has no greenish undertones. That was one of the things I worried about in the original Yeoman Duffel batch, since there was one old batch of Steel Ballistic Nylon that had greenish tones (back in 2014).

moriond

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stack of 3 aubergine bags looks like a sad snowman.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so smitten with these, and really want to try one of each. I also LOVE the leaning tower of duffels!
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Forum Member
    Upstate New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the comparisons, Ilkyway. Surprisingly, the new travel duffle sizes are the most exciting feature of the debut today. (I thought it would be the Side Kick.) I've been looking for a music bag for my stand, footstool and sheet music, and I think that the small may work. Will have to measure when I get home from work.
    Owner of Aeronaut 45, Aubergine/Wasabi; MCB, Plum; Travel Trays, Wasabi, NW Sky & Zest; PCSB, Iberian; PCBP, Steel, black dyneema CP & Pilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute

Quote Originally Posted by Yokosmom View Post
    Thanks so much for the comparisons, Ilkyway. Surprisingly, the new travel duffle sizes are the most exciting feature of the debut today. (I thought it would be the Side Kick.) I've been looking for a music bag for my stand, footstool and sheet music, and I think that the small may work. Will have to measure when I get home from work.
    As I recall, you have an unusually large music stand (according to the Clear Organizer Pouch and Bag Use for Musicians thread -- yours was 23" folded, and mine was 17"!). You'll probably need the Medium Size Duffel if that length is correct, unless there's enough room to angle in your stand diagonally.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 11-28-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    I am so smitten with these, and really want to try one of each. I also LOVE the leaning tower of duffels!
    @Toblerhaus, Did you see the video for the Yeoman Duffel that's now linked on the
    Blog Debut page?

moriond

Sweden
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moriond I love that video!!! I want one of every size in different colors too.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Forum Member
    Upstate New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad that you looked that up moriond, as I couldn't remember. I don't know why mine is extra large--it is a standard el cheapo stand used by high school band students. At any rate, will do some more measuring tonight--it is soft sided, but I may be able to use a yeoman to transport my travel dulcimer in a carry on, in addition to using it as a musicians bag for practice.
    Owner of Aeronaut 45, Aubergine/Wasabi; MCB, Plum; Travel Trays, Wasabi, NW Sky & Zest; PCSB, Iberian; PCBP, Steel, black dyneema CP & Pilot

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Toblerhaus, Did you see the video for the Yeoman Duffel that's now linked on the
    Blog Debut page?

moriond
    Thanks for the link. Really enjoyed it. Made me think of Russian nesting dolls. Never really considered a yeoman duffel, but with several choices, I will rethink that.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast