Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lego Mini-figure review of the DLBC

Happy holidays to all!
    I am late in posting some pics of the bag I purchased using the gift certificate from the What Fits in What Bag game. The mini-figs and I have been gathering our thoughts, and wanted to share some impressions of this bag with you.

1. This bag is awesomely light and easy to carry in the lovely Nordic Halcyon. I love the fact that this fabric does not chew on my sweaters and fleece this time of year like cordura can, but that it is still tough. And the ultra suede strap wrap fits on this strap nicely. Still deciding if it will stay long term.
    Lego Mini-figure review of the DLBC-strap-2-png

2. The front angled zip pocket is a bit of a mystery to me. I could fit my phone there, but I worry it would fall out if I didn't zip it properly. Mostly I leave it empty. Sometimes I try my keys in there...not sure about it yet. You can get a SE in there, but it takes a bit of shoving if it is full. Luckily I have some muscle to help me out.
    Lego Mini-figure review of the DLBC-se-pic-2-pngLego Mini-figure review of the DLBC-muscle-2-png

3. I like the front full width zipper pocket separate from the main compartment. Thor does as well. I like to keep my phone in this one, along with a pen pouch of some sort, and sometimes a Field Notes sized notebook or other OPs. I like that there are two parts to this pocket, but this part of the design worries me a bit. Voldemort is pointing out the bit I don't like--I feel like traditional slip pockets would be better than just having the pocket stitched to divide it, as the center point feels like I could by accident rip through the fabric here. Now, having seen the fabric testing videos, I realize this is not likely, but I just am not sure about the feel of this seam here. I am sure there is no actual concern (as TB bags are all so well thought out) but for my taste it seems odd. That being said, I like that the pocket is divided. Perhaps there is just no pleasing me!
    Lego Mini-figure review of the DLBC-thor-2-pngLego Mini-figure review of the DLBC-vold-stitching-2-png

4. The main pocket fits a notebook or two, and my SE or, as pictured, Side Kick (Harry Potter's new favorite) with room to spare for a jacket or water bottle on the sides. The Swamp Thing is really attached to the new small Snake Charmers. I am excited to play around with them too. And two of them fit with the Side Kick in the main compartment.
    Lego Mini-figure review of the DLBC-harry-sk-2-pngLego Mini-figure review of the DLBC-swamp-sc2-png

5. I don't use the back zip pocket much, but sometimes tuck a few loose papers in there, and I like to keep my mini first aid kit there too.
    Lego Mini-figure review of the DLBC-nurse-2-png

Overall, a great lightweight daily bag. I don't carry a laptop in there, but sometimes a tablet, which fits easily in the slip pocket inside the main compartment.

I don't know about you guys, but I always find myself questing for the perfect bag--and therefore I own many. (This sometimes induces some guilt in me...but that is a different post!) I like being able to switch around and go from bag to bag depending on the situation and my whim. This is a nice addition.

Thanks to everyone who voted for the mini-figure post. They were very proud! I hope you have a Happy Christmas, all, and enjoy your holidays in your own special way.
    -luvdabags

Cambridge, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually slide a notebook into that horizontal pocket - though my DLBC usually sits in my living room with my colouring book and pencils in it.

BTW, thanks to you I just bought a Lego Thor on ebay, to keep Loki company :)
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19
    Leisure: SCBs, FJN, Swift, lots of YSSs
    Travel: WF + Pilot or SA, with SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: A new dyneema colour for YSSs; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Forum Member
    Ohio
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great! Do you know what set or figure series your green sea monster man is from?

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megi View Post
    This is great! Do you know what set or figure series your green sea monster man is from?
    I think it is from one of the Monster Fighters sets that came out a few years ago.