Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to add my praise for the shop bag for many of the same reasons already shared. I've gifted a TON of them and all have been incredibly happy recipients. So much so that they continue to request them as gifts for future birthdays and holidays. I use at least one daily and they are brilliant. And the colors make me so happy. But Fjord makes me happier than all of them. In praise of the Shop Bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I have read a lot of requests on the wish list thread and this one wanting a shop bag with a zippered top. When I was at Tokyo Disneyland last year, I saw an Iberian dyneema nonTB tote bag with a zippered top. It was zipped shut and was hanging off of a stroller. It immediately caught my eye since I have never seen a dyneema bag, whether TB or not, in the wild. I did not want to seem like a weirdo ogling the bag and since I do not speak Japanese, I did not try to communicate with the family or attempt to take a picture. At Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea, I saw other makes of dyneema backpacks, like Coleman, which, I guess, stands to reason since the fabric is made in Japan. So there are dyneema (halcyon) zippered tote bags out there, but it would be nice if a zipper was an option in the Shop Bags.
    @Pammy, I once very much confused some man at JFK when I-- in my excitement over having my first Wild Bag sighting-- said, "Hey! Tom Bihn!" Then I realized he had no idea what I was talking about, and his bag, which I mistook for original halcyon, was Australian.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnleftbrighteyes View Post
    @Pammy, I once very much confused some man at JFK when I-- in my excitement over having my first Wild Bag sighting-- said, "Hey! Tom Bihn!" Then I realized he had no idea what I was talking about, and his bag, which I mistook for original halcyon, was Australian.
    That's funny. Sounds like something I would do if I ever get to see TB in the wild. I always keep my eyes open at airports and while I am on vacation and still no sightings. I hope if anyone ever spots me, they will come up and say hi so we can gush about how wonderful our TB bags are.

Forum Member
    Oklahoma but I'm a native Kansan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just used my large shop bag this morning for a grocery trip. I seem to wind up going to the store often, so don't always have a lot that goes in it, but it does a great job of carrying items most bags wouldn't. I can still comfortably carry it on my shoulder!

Forum Member
    Chicago
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking to get a couple Shop Bags. Is there anything I need to take into consideration regarding 400d versus 200d? Do you guys prefer one over the other? Is it really just about color preference?

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I'm looking to get a couple Shop Bags. Is there anything I need to take into consideration regarding 400d versus 200d? Do you guys prefer one over the other? Is it really just about color preference?
    I favour the 400d as they just feel marginally more substantial but then they don't fold up quite as neatly and compactly. I don't think there is a real difference in use as I have both large and small in both 400 and 200d colours. I'd probably recommend just going for the colour as the priority.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both the 400d and the 200d bags, and I really cannot tell any difference in the material. Just go for the colors that sing to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both also and LOVE and use them all equally. I can tell the 400d are thicker but it's no big deal with what I'm carrying - clothes, groceries, doggie items. Just pick the color/s you like best.
    I do think my new Black Halcyon SSB is particularly chic.

Forum Member
    Chicago
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so I ordered one in 200d (Monarch) and another in 400d (Nordic). We'll see how this goes.

Thanks, people!

Houston, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaaand... how did it go, ultravisitor??

Forum Member
    Chicago
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE them! I use at least one of them every day. The differences in material between the two don't make one of them better than the other. I also love both colors I got. Man. I'm actually considering getting more because I love them so much, but i don't want to go overboard...

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently ordered a small shop bag in Nordic, and in the same order I got a MCB Freudian Slip. I put the FS inside the SB on a whim, and was surprised to find it fit really well! I might use them together on purpose sometime. With the new Nordic, it could pass as a tote purse.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Louisiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I recently ordered a small shop bag in Nordic, and in the same order I got a MCB Freudian Slip. I put the FS inside the SB on a whim, and was surprised to find it fit really well! I might use them together on purpose sometime. With the new Nordic, it could pass as a tote purse.
    Picture of this, please?

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Picture of this, please?
    Ok, but it will have to wait til I get home in a few days, unless someone else wants to post a picture.

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Ok, but it will have to wait til I get home in a few days, unless someone else wants to post a picture.
    I haven't forgotten about this, but so far I haven't been able to figure out where I put that Freudian Slip when I was packing for that trip!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast