1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my first small shop bag, in Halcyon black and I just wanted to come in here and say that I am super impressed. It is my first real Halcyon product from TB and I can see why people love the fabric so much. It's really sturdy, yet light. For some reason I was expecting the fabric to be more fragile, but it's clear that this stuff can take a beating.

I'm seriously considering quitting my job and traveling around the world soon. My shop bag will definitely be with me when I do. I'm now even thinking of getting a halcyon Aeronaut instead of the ballistic nylon I was originally going to buy. I'm that impressed!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really excited to see the Shop Bags in the new fabrics and colors. As much as I love the Halcyon for these bags, I'm wondering if the new fabric will stand up a bit more. Could be quite useful. And even if it doesn't....Dawn is such a pretty color. :)
    "Here's my life. I have to mine it, farm it, trade it, tenant it, and when the lease is up, it cannot be renewed."
    --Jeanette Winterson

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to revive this thread from last year. I own many TB bags including the S25 and both co-pilot and pilot but my favorite product is the shop bag. I own the small and large and the large gets used considerably more by 10:1 at least. I decided to get the large zippered version instead of the small since I hardly use my small shop bag as it is. Knowing me though, I will probably get the small zippered eventually just so I could see how different it is from my open one.

These bags are definitely a luxury item. Who would spend $50 on a grocery bag? But they are great and I also use them for going to the mall and to Target/Walmart.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagfan2018 View Post
    I own many TB bags including the S25 and both co-pilot and pilot but my favorite product is the shop bag. I own the small and large and the large gets used considerably more by 10:1 at least.
    Shop Bags are my favorite TB item as well, I tend to use one every day for something or other... I love the small size though and am sad that they are disco'd...
    I'm 5'4" and they are the perfect size for most of the randomness I need them for, without scrapping the ground when I walk. For heavier grocery loads, I also would rather have one bag in each hand than one heavy LSB.
    They are a luxury item in terms of initial cash outlay, but based on user reviews they should last a very very long time. Many less expensive reusable shop bags I've owned have fallen apart in 1-5yrs... these should last much longer and eventually pay for themselves (not to mention being less things thrown in the trash).
    I have almost every colour of the SSB... and quite a few of the large. For the new zip bags, I have one large and three small.
    :)
    Steel/Island A45,WF,Pilot; Steel/Solar CP; Blk/Solar TS; Blk/Canyon S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love both of the sizes in the new Zipped Top Shop Bags. I haven't used for "shopping" yet but they have come in very useful for some train travel with plenty of room for overnight (or more) packing. Carrying luggage on busy UK trains can be tricky. Often the overhead racks are too small, the aisles are very narrow and it is difficult, nigh on impossible to squeeze bags under your legs, especially if there are tables! Using a fully loaded backpack is awkward as it gets hooked up or bangs into everyone else as you try to walk along seat searching. Much the same applies to a duffel type bag.
    The Shop Bags are nice and squishy, light to carry....and they seem to make people smile! That's good!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4