Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags

Hello everyone, I'm new here and still deciding which material to go with my bag. I think it's a good idea to see photos or other people well-travelled bags. Thank you.

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Family picture.
    Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_5126-jpg

Conifer Synapse, my oldest bag. It's from before the zippers switched to being right side up. There's some discoloration and flaking to the zips but nothing major.
    Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_5127-jpg

Daylight Backpack in original Halcyon. The white lines get a bit grubby. Just a bit faded as opposed to bright white original lines.
    Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_5128-jpg

Synapse 19 with new zipper style. I wanted Halcyon and more o-rings and a light loop. I use this bag a lot. The grid near the top is a bit dingy from all the use. I love this bag.
    Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_5129-jpg

And a Smart Alec I bought used that still looks brand new. I really like this bag too! It's from when the ballistic steel had an almost sage-y tone.
    Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_5130-jpg

As you can see, they wear really well. I bike, walk, travel, set bags down on barroom floors. They don't seem to mind!

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, I must state that I'm a terrible photographer. Here is my Side Effect (black ballistic/UV) and Clear Organizer Wallet (wasabi) which have been my constant companions for right at 3 years now. They are all broken in but don't look too shabby for all the use, if I must say so myself. :)

Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-se-cow_72dpi-7x4-jpg
    Last edited by sujo; 04-25-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing guys! Keep them coming! Tom Bihns' bags do not seem to age, where do they get their fountain of youth from? Hehehe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    where do they get their fountain of youth from?
    It's right next door to the place where they get the TARDIS feature installed! elisa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Penang, Malaysia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Brain Bag (color: "Steel" but it has always looked more like Sage to me, LOL), purchased in December 2008, is about 9 years old. It is really "well-traveled," having been my go-to (and only?) bag for EDC, hikes, carry-on, and even work up till around the middle of 2017 (when I started using my Pilot more for EDC). The bag has seen a lot of action and been through extremes of weather, but never abused (c'mon, it's a TOM BIHN and I love this thing!). By mid 2016, the bottom part of its Dri-Lex Aero-Spacer mesh back had worn out, exposing the underlying foam. So I sent it back to Seattle for repair in September 2016 - the mesh back part of the bag came back looking as good as new. (TB customer service is AWESOME!)

I still use this bag when I need to schlep a lot of stuff or bulky items, e.g. my 14" Lenovo laptop with its Brain Cell, around town.

Here's a photo of the bag after it had been hand washed and air-dried.

Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_0287-b-1-000-jpg

I now use the current (525 Ballistic) version of the Brain Bag when I go out of town.
    Brain Bag - Steel - 2008
    Shop Bag - Large - Original 400 Halcyon - 2013
    Pilot - Verde 1050 Ballistic/Steel 200 Halcyon - 2016
    Side Effect - Black 400 Halcyon/Island 200 Halcyon - 2017
    Brain Bag - Black 525 Ballistic/Canyon 210 Ballistic - 2018
    + various TB accessories

Broussard, Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First trip with Tri Star.. to the hospital

Unfortunately, the first use of my Tri Star is a 2 night stay at the nearby hospital.. my dad had surgery. He's fine now; Surgery went well.
    Attached Images Attached Images Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_20180127_3424-jpg 

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonyay View Post
    Unfortunately, the first use of my Tri Star is a 2 night stay at the nearby hospital.. my dad had surgery. He's fine now; Surgery went well.
    Bummer that was the first use, but great that all went well with your dad!

Broussard, Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Bummer that was the first use, but great that all went well with your dad!
    It is good news.. he is great and ready for discharge. Learned a few things about my bag.. basically how to pack it better.. need to get a packing cube later

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~4 years of daily use for my WF, and a relatively new FS:

Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_8956-jpg

I put well in excess of 200,000 miles on this bag; daily as a briefcase and stuffed to the brim bi-weekly for travel as a backpack, under plane seats, slung on the back of coffee shop seats, and over airport toilet partitions. The zipper waterproofing has degraded at those corners that get the most contact, and the zipper finish has weathered:
    Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_8957-jpg

And you can see some of the scratching of the ballistic along the edges of the powerbank I keep in there, pretty amazing that with all the under-seat contact with AV boxes and aluminum seat struts and bolts there is no actual damage to the ballistic:
    Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_8958-jpg

I've been a big fan of one bag travel, and on my own have not traveled with any other bag since I got this. What I spent on the bag and accessories was steep for me at the time, but I don't think any other bag would have made it this far. In all these years, stuffed to the brim, literally using the zipper to squeeze the bag down at it's fullest, not one broken seam.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9 1/2-year-old well-traveled Cordura that has been rolled up, folded up, balled up, rained on, snowed on, mudded on, stepped on, stuffed, kicked, and thrown onto floors, grass, dirt, rocks, asphalt, and concrete. A tiny bit of fabric fraying at the edges, but nothing compared to the life it has lived.

Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_3352-jpg

Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_3356-jpg

Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_3357-jpg

Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_3359-jpg

Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-img_3360-jpg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well used bags

I don't know if this thread already exists and sorry if it does, but if not, I'll start by showing my bag.

I bought this Synapse in February 2013 when it wasn't the Synapse 19 and it has been my daily commute bag since. As you can see from the photos, you can see which zippers I use the most and the peeling of the dyneema/halcyon. My main zipper has gotten to the point where it doesn't close on first try and I have to go back and try again till it gets closed.

I'm sure there are others bags out there that have been well used.

Please Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-2018-03-27-13-17-03-jpgPlease Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-2018-03-27-13-15-25-jpgPlease Post Photos of Your Well Travelled Bags-2018-03-27-13-21-01-jpg

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MaCheezm0 that is one well-traveled bag!

Forum Member
    Austin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My S25 has been with me on multiple continents, all over the US. It's my one bag travel and my daily carry. It get tossed under airplane seats and in the back of my truck. It looks a little cleaner in the pic than it is, but it is well used and has held up well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast