Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial Impressions of the Pilot

I used the Pilot as an EDC going to work briefcase today, and it worked out wonderfully.

I must admit, I felt like I was playing grown up carrying the Pilot as opposed to the Co-Pilot. "Playing" is the key word in that sentence -- let's be clear, there is nothing grown up about me!

My Pilot held --

In the main compartment:
    * 12" MacBook in a Cache.
    * Letter size folio.
    * Deck of cards in one of the pockets.
    * I would carry a rechargeable battery in there, but I left it on the charger for the day.
    * A small organizer pouch with receipts (I'm behind on my expense reports -- while the organizer pouch keeps me organized, it doesn't get me motivated to actually do the expense reports).

In the left front compartment:
    * TOM BIHN Sketchpad.
    * Second Aid Pouch with adapters and cables.
    * A small tripod/selfie stick for my iPhone.
    * Earphones in a mini Padded Organizer Pouch

In the middle front compartment:
    * 16 oz hydroflask with water (it will hold the 20 oz, but I lent it to my niece and so I took the 16 oz one today).

In the right front compartment:
    * TOM BIHN Pen.
    * Laser pointer.
    * Lip balm.
    * Spork.
    * Hand lotion.
    * Gum.
    * Tissues.
    * Wallet.
    * 2 Kind Bars (ate one while at work, the other stayed in the Pilot).
    * Banana (ate it in the morning after I get into the office), and it didn't get squished!
    * I could have put my iPhone in there, but ended up carrying it in my pocket.

The Pilot was definitely not stuffed. I could have put the iPad in there as well, but decided to leave it at home today. There is also a question of how much weight do you want to carry.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Pilot does on short hikes or walks. I think I will still prefer the Co-Pilot for those outings because it is a little smaller -- and may just duplicate some items across the Co-Pilot and Pilot.
    Attached Images Attached Images Initial Impressions of the Pilot-img_0645-jpg 
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a video showing the Pilot packed as an EDC Briefcase. It also shows how those things fit into the Co-Pilot (everything fit except for the folio I was using).

-m

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a lot of laughs making this video last night! I had to do a few takes to get the intro to come out right, and ended up saying that my Pilot was made out of "Black 1050d ballistic ripstop nylon" a few times! My son really got a kick out of it! :)
    -m

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    We had a lot of laughs making this video last night! I had to do a few takes to get the intro to come out right, and ended up saying that my Pilot was made out of "Black 1050d ballistic ripstop nylon" a few times! My son really got a kick out of it! :)
    I'd love to see an outtakes video someday :)
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going up to Philly on the Amtrak with my Pilot with EDC kit + breakfast!
    Attached Images Attached Images Initial Impressions of the Pilot-img_0710-jpg  Initial Impressions of the Pilot-img_0712-jpg  Initial Impressions of the Pilot-img_0714-jpg 
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vegan nachos for dinner at Bar Bombón!
    Attached Images Attached Images Initial Impressions of the Pilot-img_0720-jpg 
    -m