Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    This is a great idea, something Ive been thinking I should get around to some day!!
    Aedifica - for some reason I cant see the pics of your organiser pouches, error with the link.
    Now looking for Neo to go, in the UK, doesn't seem to be a readily available over here - I will keep on looking
    Jaffa
    Yeah, for some reason the images disappeared! Darcy messaged me that it had happened, and offered to try to edit them back in if I email her a copy of the photos, so I've sent them to her.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    @Christina, thanks for your offer, I had never heard of Neo to Go, before I read this post - is that the packets or the fun looking spray thingy?

Jaffa
    It is the fun spray thingy, and that's a great description because the novelty of it hasn't worn off yet for my older child. Neosporin is a ubiquitous antiseptic brand like Germolene. I found one eBay seller that does ship it direct to the UK:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370104879375

WNC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used an OP as a FAK for awhile now - just toss it into whichever bag I'm carrying. One suggestion for an addition - a thin, wrapped, sanitary pad. (regardless of your gender or age) Yes, it could be used for it's intended purpose (by you or a lady in need), but it can also be used as a larger absorbent cover on a wound. (Ask me and my skinned knee in a field in Thailand how I know). To use as a dressing, you'd still have to have something to hold it in place, but I was grateful for a clean absorbent surface underneath the sweaty bandana tied to hold it there.
    Black Dyneema/Wasabi SA (with UMP & LMP and GloWire), Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Olive/Wasabi MCB, Verde/UV Swift, Black Dyneema/Island A30, Black Dyneema/Iberian Co-Pilot, PCSB in Wasabi, SSB's in Black & Wasabi, LSB's in Zest & NW Sky, TT's in Steel & Wasabi, Various Packing Cubes, TSS's, YSS's, OP's, and QKITs

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On one of my orders a couple months ago I got an Iberian halcyon organizer pouch. At first glance I was really disappointed because Iberian really does not appeal to me much, it wasn't what I had requested, but I had neglected to say "no Iberian". Then after about 30 seconds of disappointment I got super excited because I realized it is perfect as a first aid pouch! The red color screams first aid, especially considering I literally don't own any other travel items in red. So for me it is the perfect first aid kit pouch.

My kit is very similar to the others listed. I like to also include in my pouch Ibuprofin, Tylenol, Immodium, Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Burn Cream, and insect sting wipes or cream. I have been looking for a source for the individually wrapped packets of these supplies. I found this Mfasco website which has tons of first aid supplies, sells individually wrapped supplies in bulk, and even lets you build your own kit if you so desire. I haven't ordered from them yet, but it seems to be one of the most reasonably priced sources for this stuff without needing to either pay an exorbitant price per packet, or ending up with a box of hundreds that will probably expire before they are ever used up.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been looking for a source for the individually wrapped packets of these supplies.
    There's also minimus.biz which specializes in individual packages of items including snacks, personal care as well as first aid products. Shipping is free when you buy a minimum of $20- which is actually kind of hard to do when you are buying penny items. :)
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry it has really been bothering me that some of the stuff in my photo was upside down, so this is really just to satisfy that need for order:

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah - I was going to ask what the Burts Bees tin was, as I couldn't read it - makes it easier now - thanks.
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That item on the bottom looks like a single use saline packet? Where did you get it- I've been looking for these so I could add one to my toiletry kit for putting my contacts in. I have a small bottle now, but I'd like to go smaller.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jaffa , I am pretty sure I got that from Amazon UK. The single packet of Tylenol (paracetamol!) came from the US. Just as easy to cut apart paracetamol sheets I suppose but I am not the only one in my family who likes this sort of thing, obviously. ;-)

@sturbridge , that is an eye wash that I got out of a baby First Aid kit. If you google "First Aid kit refills" I would hope you could find something similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone who looked at the original post while the photos were missing, the photos are back! Darcy must have been able to edit them back in after I sent them to her. Thanks, Darcy!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    For anyone who looked at the original post while the photos were missing, the photos are back! Darcy must have been able to edit them back in after I sent them to her. Thanks, Darcy!
    Yay! They're great photos. And just to give credit where credit is due: @MatthewR fixed them :)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then thanks, MatthewR! :-)

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The photos are great - gives me great ideas for my FAK..just wish I had a red themed OP and key strap....

Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer the small QKit option only because I like roll gauze and first aid tape in rolls (not pictured). I wish TB would make a slightly larger QKit that would also hold full size ems shears I suspect the new Cubette would hold them but I prefer the clamshell opening of the QKit. It allows for full visibility in a way that doesn't require a clear front.

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRD View Post
    I prefer the small QKit option only because I like roll gauze and first aid tape in rolls (not pictured).
    TRD, I like the Q-Kit idea! I think I'll try moving things from my small Double Organizer Pouch to a small Q-Kit and see if I like that better, the same, or not as much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2