Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Until yesterday was 100% set on Alphaviolet/Viridian for all the things ever but then I got a swatch of Mars Red in the mail and fell hard. But like @brendabethman says, the answer is always purple and choosing is so difficult! I just couldn't decide and was afraid they'd sell out so I just got both lol! I blame Mike from shipping :)
    Oooh, @jess

Please post pictures when they arrive. We have to live vicariously through the other forum members (with cameras) to see all the color combinations. And I think it's unfair to blame the TB staff (although I've been known to ask for their opinions of different color combinations seen in the flesh)

moriond

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Oooh, @jess

Please post pictures when they arrive. We have to live vicariously through the other forum members (with cameras) to see all the color combinations. And I think it's unfair to blame the TB staff (although I've been known to ask for their opinions of different color combinations seen in the flesh)

moriond
    Well, I am blaming @jess, @badger, and @ceepee for putting Mars Red in my head. I was 100% on Deep Blue/Grass until they started texting me about Mars Red in the last 24 hours. And Mars Red/Viridian is the only one listed as in production! LOL! I figure, go totally bold, or go home. It will be my first non blue, black, or steel bag.

New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh, @jess

moriond
    I don't normally blame the TB Crew for making pretties but this is a special case. Mike and I had a little shared love moment over Mars Red today and his endorsement sent me down the rabbit hole ^_^
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say that I find the Luminary very comfortable to wear, and that I noticed the change in wearing comfort of the Synapse 19 when they moved to wider backpack strap spacing on my frame.
    Quick question for you then: how is your back after wearing the Luminary after long periods of time? I know it's not meant for heavy exertion activity, but I'm afraid of what kind of sweat imprint it might leave on my back if I'm in a place like Honolulu, Houston, or somewhere more humid than Southern California.
    Last edited by allanorn; 07-19-2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: couldn't think of the right word initially

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Thanks!!!

That was a bit disappointing. I liked the name Muse better. It seemed to be more inspiring.
    I see what you did there! :-D
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My beautiful Luminary showed up today, and I love it! It is a perfect size for me, not too big, and not too small. I love how I can configure it based upon whether I want that center section zipped up or not. And I especially like how easy it is for me to travel with my iPad now. It sits so comfortably in its own designated spot and is very easy to remove!

I have tried multiple ways to post photos here with no success. Tapatalk says there is an error. When I try to do it via the forum, it loads, but I don't see any spot to have it actually do the pasting.

For those who are on Ravelry, you can see my photos there under the Luminary thread. I will try to get them up here eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ETA:
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_7231_medium-jpg
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_1553_medium-jpg
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_1554_medium-jpg
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_1555_medium-jpg
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_1556_medium-jpg
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_1557_medium-jpg
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_1559_medium-jpg
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_1558_medium-jpg
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_1562_medium-jpg
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_1564_medium-jpg
    The Luminary FKA Muse-img_1569_medium-jpg

I've uploaded files from @Mausermama's Ravelry post with her permission, but have not inserted text. 10 images is the maximum I can include here. moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 07-20-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Added photos for Mausermama

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much, @moriond! Yes, I did take quite a few photos! I've also worn the pack all day while at home. It is so comfortable. I'm 5'6", and it fits so well that for awhile I forgot I had it on. My husband snickered at me when I was cooking supper with it still on my back. I just kept right on cooking, bag in place and all!

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh, such pretty pictures! My Luminary was delivered today, but due to work insanity I probably won't be able to play with it until tomorrow or maybe even Saturday.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video of the Luminary

Hi folks!

Here's a video demonstrating what one might pack in the Luminary for a day working in a cafe!

Last edited by maverick; 07-21-2017 at 07:12 AM. Reason: working, not "working out" :)
    -m

Montana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent video Maverick!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed your review, @maverick! Thanks for shooting it!

Forum Member
    Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posting! I am chuffed to know that I can remove the waist and sternum straps, easy peasy. And, am now wondering if that's a thing on the S19 and S25 too? Also, you've given me a new use for my rarely used MCB FS, yatzeee!

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CymbalClapping View Post
    Thank you for posting! I am chuffed to know that I can remove the waist and sternum straps, easy peasy. And, am now wondering if that's a thing on the S19 and S25 too? Also, you've given me a new use for my rarely used MCB FS, yatzeee!
    Indeed, the sternum strap and waist strap can easily be removed or installed on any TOM BIHN bag.

I personally appreciate the sternum strap when I am traveling. I have had to run to make a flight more than once, and the sternum strap makes it that much easier! :)
    -m

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I posted about my dream color combination, but I can't find my post, so here it is again! ;P I thought I would fall for the Alphaviolet right away, but I've decided to test-drive that colorway in a Cafe Bag first. Instead I'm hoping to see a Luminary in Cloud/Viridian! Or Cloud/Grass. A different kind of stealth: not the night ninja of Black Halcyon, but instead a chameleon in the daytime. I love the sudden jolt of color when one opens a TB bag. It's like the quiet girl in a corner who suddenly unleashes a flurry of explosive martial moves. (or dance moves :))

- Anyone know what the piping is made of? Is it Cordura, webbing, ballistic? I wonder what it would look like with a more subtle, coordinating color. Like grey, or maybe plum, on Alpha. But I imagine the black piping is a fixed factor for this design.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allanorn View Post
    Quick question for you then: how is your back after wearing the Luminary after long periods of time? I know it's not meant for heavy exertion activity, but I'm afraid of what kind of sweat imprint it might leave on my back if I'm in a place like Honolulu, Houston, or somewhere more humid than Southern California.
    Hi @allanorn,

I've passed on your question to some other forum members who ordered the Luminary, and who I know live in hotter + more humid areas of the U.S. than I do, since I haven't really experienced long periods of high humidity with heat here.

moriond

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast