Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @ Ilkyway: are you planning another thread on what fits in the cubelet? Just ordered three (two as gifts, I swear).
    Just finished it :-) https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...g-suprise.html

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @cazique sorry somehow Navy Balistic sliped my mind there. Deep Blue is a tat darker. I like it better than Balistic Navy. Here an attmpt to show the difference:

Deep Blue on top of Balistic Navy

Ilkyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I nearly forgott: I wanted to show you the different weeves of 1050 Balstic Aubergine vs 525 Balistic Deep Blue:

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-26-13-42-44-jpg

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-26-13-43-08-jpg

Ilkyway

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is Viridian Large Shop Bag next to Azure Fieldnote Journal:

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-27-08-20-08-jpg

Ilkyway

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wrong: a LARGE Shop Bag will fit inside the Cublete. I will show pictures over in the Cublete Thread.

Ilkyway

Forum Member
    Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Here is Viridian Large Shop Bag next to Azure Fieldnote Journal:

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-27-08-20-08-jpg

Ilkyway
    Wonder what the Viridian looks like next to Sitka?

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CymbalClapping View Post
    Wonder what the Viridian looks like next to Sitka?
    https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post145167 this post picture 3-5 have both colours in them. Sun is setting over here but tomorrow I can put the Sitka pouch onto my Viridian Shop Bag.

Ilkyway

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway What color is the interior of your Luminary? I am having a hard time deciding if I like the Canyon color or not. I am hoping that is what you have and will post a picture showing the interior.
    S19 & S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25 & GE S25/Coyote; S30/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/Island, SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA & SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Wasabi, MCB & MCB/Canyon.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMcG View Post
    @Ilkyway What color is the interior of your Luminary? I am having a hard time deciding if I like the Canyon color or not. I am hoping that is what you have and will post a picture showing the interior.
    RichardMcG, if you are undecided about a certain color, email the TB Crew and they will send out swatches to you. Originally, I thought I would be interested in one colorway only to be undecided after looking at the mods' pictures. So I emailed and asked that swatches of the new colors be included with my order, and the ever efficient Kat replied back that she was able to include them. For me that will be a big help to see them in real life and play around with the combinations. HTH

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @RichardMcG,

This is not @Ilkyway, but her Luminary is Deep Blue/Grass. Take a look at the pictures in her post #3 to see the interior color.

HTH

moriond

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RichardMcG

Have a look at @Ilkyway's specific thread on the Luminary. Her bag is Deep Blue Exterior, Grass Interior:

The Luminary AKA Muse

If wondering about Canyon, the Small Cafe Bag I have is Deep Blue exterior / Canyon Interior.

I posted this picture comparing it to the Burnt Orange Sprout I have:

There a few other picture of that combo as well as Black / Canyon in the same thread:

All These New Fabrics ...

If you want other comparison picture of Canyon to make your decision easier, let me know.
    FYI - I really like Canyon as it is more a golden orange color and very easy to see things inside.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!

Thomas
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say I am really excited about shop bags being made in the new fabric and also coming in several new colors. While halcyon is my favorite fabric and it works great in shop bags, I really love my Utility Tote but I think the new ballistic will be a welcome addition to the shop bag lineup. Can't wait until they are available to order.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @tpnl's picture is particularly appropriate for @RichardMcG, because not only is his Small Cafe Bag Deep Blue/ Canyon (one of the combinations offered for the Deep Blue Luminary), but he shows a Grass cubelet in front of the bag, effectively showing you what Deep Blue/Grass (the other color combination currently offered for the Deep Blue Luminary, and the one @Ilkyway has) looks like.

Deep Blue/Grass looks a lot like the earlier Kelly/Navy color scheme in Cordura -- with the difference that Grass is brighter than Kelly green.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @tebnewyork, Grass is close to Kelly but lighter/brighter colored

That's a Kelly Medium Cafe Bag with a Grass swatch laid against it. To the right are Dawn (bluish) and Cloud to the left. The color is off for Dawn -- it's lighter.

moriond

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CymbalClapping knew day knew pictures :-)

Sitka Halcyon on Viridian Ballistic

Ilkyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A belated comment that I love the viridian ballistic, especially in the photo with your white cat. Thank you for posting all of your great photos of the various bags!
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast