Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Member
    Columbus, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These photos are tremendously helpful, not to mention majorly tempting. The colors are all so much fun but I immediately fell for Dawn. And I want all thing to be made of Dawn. Haha. Or perhaps my wallet is glad that everything does NOT come in Dawn. Either way, I ordered a Cubelet, to make sure I love it in person, and will also likely order shop bags in all the new colors when they're available, because shop bags are my jam. :)

The debut was exciting and I can't wait to receive my hat, hopefully in time for my next trip in mid-July. If I were still traveling weekly for work I would be dying for the Stowaway, but I think I'll wait on that. The Luminary is sorely tempting so I'm considering it, but I'm also considering a new S25 in one of the new colors so....
    "Here's my life. I have to mine it, farm it, trade it, tenant it, and when the lease is up, it cannot be renewed."
    --Jeanette Winterson

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    CymbalClapping knew day knew pictures :-)

Sitka Halcyon on Viridian Ballistic
    That really brings out the blue tones in Sitka!

Forum Member
    Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Your photos are so lovely and so very helpful.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ilkyway - I don't know if you answered this elsewhere but I just noticed there was an Aubergine swatch in the pic for the new 525 ballistic colors. Was there/is there a 525 Aubergine? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    And here for the Colour Swatches:

These are the knew 525 Balistic colours
    Attachment 18294

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @harraya,
    This isn't @Ilkyway, but I can answer that the Aubergine swatch was 1050d Ballistic Nylon. (The better to make color comparisons for all of us Aubergine fans)

moriond

Forum Member
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone able to comment on the weight and 'stuffability' of the ballistic shop bags compared to the halcyon ones? (By stuffability, I mean inside other pouches such as cubelets or stuff sacks).

Thanks!

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbc3585 View Post
    Is anyone able to comment on the weight and 'stuffability' of the ballistic shop bags compared to the halcyon ones? (By stuffability, I mean inside other pouches such as cubelets or stuff sacks).

Thanks!
    I emailed to ask about weight and was told that although the 210 ballistic weighs slightly more than halcyon, the difference is insignificant at the size of a Shop Bag; they weigh basically the same.

I can't comment on stuffability since I don't have one of the new Shop Bags, so I hope someone else will chime in for that--I'm curious too.

Forum Member
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I emailed to ask about weight and was told that although the 210 ballistic weighs slightly more than halcyon, the difference is insignificant at the size of a Shop Bag; they weigh basically the same.

I can't comment on stuffability since I don't have one of the new Shop Bags, so I hope someone else will chime in for that--I'm curious too.

Yeah, that makes sense. My only LSB (for now) is in nordic, which I'm guessing weighs slightly more than the 200d bags anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3