Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials

This will be a short one but I have to show you my knew Shop Bag. It is a large one in Viridian and this colour is very hard to capture. But thouse who have seen Azure... it is like a sibling, not a twin but very very close.

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-26-18-41-07-jpg

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-26-18-41-55-jpg

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-27-08-17-49-jpg

Ilkyway

PS: I think I will carry on here with the colour swap pictures I took.

PPS: Yes I did it again: in the last picutre I have a Little Swift (retiered) in a Large Shop Bag. I love this for my way to and from work. It gives the Shop Bag more struckture and more organisation for me to carry everything I need for the day. I am a crazy bag-in-bag person... ;-)
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    This will be a short one but I have to show you my knew Shop Bag. It is a large one in Viridian and this colour is very hard to capture. But thouse who have seen Azure... it is like a sibling, not a twin but very very close.

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-26-18-41-07-jpg

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-26-18-41-55-jpg

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-27-08-17-49-jpg

Ilkyway

PS: I think I will carry on here with the colour swap pictures I took.
    Is that a little swift tucked in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mbladen yes it is, I edited my first post to add this info but you where quicker than I :-)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ilkyway, is Viridian more turquoise than azure? Or does it have sort of a greenish tinge? If you get a chance, can you take a picture of the Viridian shop bag next to the azure Field Journal Notebook? Just want to get a bead on how close they are in color.

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here for the Colour Swatches:

These are the knew 525 Balistic colours
    Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-13-59-49-jpg

These are the knew 210 Balistic colours
    Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-13-59-54-jpg

Lets take a look at the greens:
    Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-53-46-jpg

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-53-55-jpg

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-55-29-jpg

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-15-05-27-jpg

The darkest green in the pictures is Balistic Forest, the very light Balistic is Wasabi, as is the keystrap. The Halcyon pouch is Sitka the Fieldnotes at the bottom is Azure. The only colour I do not know the name of is the light blue Organizer Wallet I so hope moriond can help me on this.

Ilkyway
    Attached Images Attached Images Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-56-38-jpg  Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-57-51-jpg 

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a picture of me using the new colored Shop Bags (Large 210 Dawn color and Small 210 Grass color) in addition to my original Large NWS and Small Island ones - with the Moveable Feast jealously looking on from the back, resplendent in Navy Ballistic! ... oh - and, of course, those Cubelets (525 Dark Blue and Grass) that seem to be useful everywhere - holding keys, snacks, anything you do not want to get lost at the bottom of the bag ... :)

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-jun2017debut_shopbags_dawn-grass-jpg

The new 210 material keeps it shape more than the Halycon - something I like in my bags!

Happy Debut Day everyone!

Cheers!
    Thomas
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will a folded up shop bag (large or small) fit in a Cubelet?
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugger messed up the pictures. The two at the end of the post above...

The all grey picture is: Northwest Sky and Balistic Steel

The second is the same plus the earth tones of the knew material. These where somehow hard to capture too. The red on my screen looks pritty acurate here. It is a rich deep red, very nice.
    The Canyon can be described as pale orange or bronce and Coyote is very supple not in your face earth tone.
    This was for the pictures in the post above!!

Lets talk purple now:
    When I first saw Alpha Violet I felt it was a bit too bright, you see it here next to Plum which I love as a colour though my cats make cordura a very unplesent material to use. But than I got a pouch in that colour and now I LOVE it. Yes it is brighter but it is so vibrand. The 525 Aubergine is a tat darker than the original Balistic Aubergine as you can see them next to each other. The Halcyon is Ultraviolet of cause.
    Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-26-11-jpg

Here another direct comparison of the two Aubergines
    Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-28-04-jpg

Ilkyway

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Will a folded up shop bag (large or small) fit in a Cubelet?
    I have not tried it yet and will come back to this if I am wrong but I am pritty sure that that wound work.

Ilkyway

ETA: I was wrong -> https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post145230
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 06-27-2017 at 01:25 PM.

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets talk BLUE!!!

At the bottom there is Nordic Halcion and the mini Pouch is Navy Parapack
    Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-48-02-jpg

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-34-11-jpg

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-34-39-jpg

These three knew blues (may it be a purpleish blue in Dawn and a greenish blue in Viridian... blue I call them anyway) are all gorogous but... I am very biosed when it comes to blues ;-)
    The two Clouds are in my opinion absolute neutral so no hue towards either green or blue which is great I feel.

This last one was to try and show: they do have a sheen to them:
    Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-21-08-35-03-jpg

Ilkyway
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 06-27-2017 at 11:16 AM.

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here the knew earth tones next to Cordura Burned Orange:

Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-2017-06-20-14-22-27-jpg

I hope I have given you some refference points for the knew colours.

Ilkyway

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Ilkyway: are you planning another thread on what fits in the cubelet? Just ordered three (two as gifts, I swear).
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway, thanks so much for these wonderful photos. So helpful.

Would it be possible - when you get time :) - to add one to the Blue post that includes Navy 1050 ballistic? I'm interested for how that differs from 525 Deep Blue.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @ Ilkyway: are you planning another thread on what fits in the cubelet? Just ordered three (two as gifts, I swear).
    @kkintea,

There's another Ilkyway post on the cubelet now, but it's slightly larger than the Mac Power Bricks (great for this purpose). And it's slightly smaller in cross section than the Size #4 Knitting Tool Pouch:
    Shop Bags in knew colours and materials-img_3273-jpg

(Sorry, probably doesn't belong here, but that's the Luminary in Black/Cloud at the left, with my Azure Field Journal Notebook (as color comparison with the Viridian cubelet with Mac Power brick on top of it. To the right is the back of the Size #4 Knitting Tool Pouch in Navy. We also know that the Size #4 Knitting Tool Pouch can hold an Advair type inhaler disk.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 06-29-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    @Ilkyway, thanks so much for these wonderful photos. So helpful.

Would it be possible - when you get time :) - to add one to the Blue post that includes Navy 1050 ballistic? I'm interested for how that differs from 525 Deep Blue.
    Just a quick text response, @cazique, before you get a photo response. Deep Blue is slightly darker than Navy Ballistic, but close in color. It's a bit like Navy Parapack that way, but goes quite well with Navy Ballistic.

moriond

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast