Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I can not find the post right now, but I claimed WRONGLY that the large Shop Bag wound fit into a Cublete. I asked my husband and he did it... and smiled smuggly at me... but who cares about smug smiles when large bags fit into small ones, right? ;-)

Ilkyway
    Thanks, Ilkyway! And yes, who cares about smug smiles? :D I already thought the Cubelet was cute, but now I can see what I might use it for. Wish it had some O-rings inside, but I can add some myself if I really want to.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway -
    I realize that a soon as you show something, there is the inevitable question: "Hey, how does x compare to y?" But here goes: Can you show the Cubelet next to a 3D cube so I can understand how they are different?
    (Maybe tomorrow. I guess it's already late where you are!)

---

Update: I already ordered some Cubelets; I couldn't resist being able to see the new colors. And I can never really have enough mini-organizers :) So in about a week I'll be able to post some photos...
    Last edited by bchaplin; 06-27-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me put money where my mouth is: this is me carrying the Cublete cross body:

Attachment 18338
    It looks great as a minimalist cross-body bag! Nice photos as always, Ilka. I'm already using a Cubelet to contain my power supply, but I think I'll get another one to use this way as well.

Here's a question for you all: if/when we make more sizes of Cubelet, what sizes would you like to see?
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It looks great as a minimalist cross-body bag! Nice photos as always, Ilka. I'm already using a Cubelet to contain my power supply, but I think I'll get another one to use this way as well.

Here's a question for you all: if/when we make more sizes of Cubelet, what sizes would you like to see?
    One that will clip into the S25 as a top pocket, like in the forum hacks part II video! (Unless the 3DOCs will eventually be made in the new ballistic)

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tall enough for iPhone Plus. A very cubelet barebones cafe bag, if you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mel_h View Post
    I love these! Thanks for the photos. I snagged three of them, Alphaviolet, Viridian, and Grass because I'm hoping they'll work into my current color scheme of Ultraviolet/Wasabi/Sitka. And I was in such a rush to order them that I didn't get a note in to say thanks to the TB crew for being so awesome and on the ball today. Shame on me!
    I ordered the same three colors. So cute!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will a folded *small* shop bag fit?

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 6s Plus and you are right tebnewyork it wound fit. But they are so cute I forgive them that ;-)

Ilkyway
    Well shoot, this was going to be my whole excuse for ordering one! Now I'll just have to think of something else.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something that fits the iPhone (6/7/whatever) Plus! I really really want something for just phone & keys, when even the Side Effect is too large. Although I suppose at that point, the Cubelet would essentially just be the size of a 3D organizer pouch anyway. Which gives me an idea. . . .
    Rambling On. . . . .

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Will a folded *small* shop bag fit?
    If a folded large shop bag fits, why wouldn't a small one fit? I think you may have missed Ilkyway's great photos earlier in this thread showing how well it works.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy,

In answer to your question, "Here's a question for you all: if/when we make more sizes of Cubelet, what sizes would you like to see?"

All Fabric 3DOC size in the new colors! I LOVE the cubelets and ordered some today, however, the 3DOC's rectangular shape is so versatile, I would buy them in just about every new color if they existed!

Southern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Tall enough for iPhone Plus. A very cubelet barebones cafe bag, if you will.
    +1 side effect is lovely but horizonal. It would be nice to have a streamlined vertical method of holding my gigantic phone (in otter box) with two o rings to hold keys and a mini pouch with cash, etc.

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These seem like a great way to test out different colors in the new materials, as well as being great storage for small stuff.

I wonder how well they fit in the side pockets of the Pilot, as well as the split pocket of the DLBC... any pictures of those are appreciated as well. Though I've already got one or two in my cart :)

Forum Member
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think teeny tiny rectangular cubes (3-4" ish long or wide, maybe between .5" and 1" thick ) would be great for maximising space when packing small but bulky items (e.g. powerbanks, charging blocks, even earbuds unless you're willing to squish them a lot). These fit in standard OPs of course, but I find that when I use them for anything other than really flat items, there's a lot of extra pouch material kind of flapping around the sides of the object, if that makes sense. Q-kits are perfect for some uses but I find that most things I pack aren't the right shape to maximise the interior space for those, either.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm looking at the Cubelet as storage for my MBP power lead. The million dollar question - will it fit a 3 pin UK plug?? (they're a fair bit bulkier than US/Euro equivalents)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast