Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Here's a question for you all: if/when we make more sizes of Cubelet, what sizes would you like to see?
    It would be great to have a 6"X6" size, one that would fit a standard size deodorant. That was my intended use but I think it might be a little short so I'll have to stick with the small Q-Kit I've been using.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Here's a question for you all: if/when we make more sizes of Cubelet, what sizes would you like to see?
    Another vote for one tall enough fit a phone.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, the cubelets are awesome and cute. I'm not exactly sure what I'll use the grass one for, probably wrangling some cables or snacks depending. The mars red is going to be a travel-type first aid kit. I already have an Iberian mini op fak for my side kick, but I wanted something a bit bigger for day hikes, etc.

My reds.
    The Cublete a small cube but a big suprise-reds-1-jpg

Snack anyone?
    The Cublete a small cube but a big suprise-snack-2-jpg

Greens! I was hoping grass would match my kiwi hydroflask. It doesn't, but I love it anyway.
    The Cublete a small cube but a big suprise-greens-1-jpg

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I'd like to see one smaller, and one larger. The smaller one to corral those bits I would ordinarily put in a mini Qkit, but for when I need a more rectilinear container. Maybe 3 x4 inches with the zipper being along the 4" side (horizontal orientation). Then a slightly larger one that could hold food utensils or a larger phone, like 6 x 7 with the zipper being along the 6 inch side (vertical orientation). So you'd have a set of 3: horizontal, neutral, vertical.
    Definitely a more vertical one for food utensils, phones...

And pen/pencils/markers collections, all of which could be color coded! Yippy!

Forum Member
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original 3doc probably fits most sporks and most phones, though I'm sure someone has thought of a benefit to having a 6x6 square rather than a 7x4.3 rectangle.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rbc3585 you are right the 3D Organzier Cube fit a 6s plus easily and would also fit something slightly bigger. I have cut of the hook insde them in the past (I know... I am quick with the sizzers at times) so nothing could scratch my phone.
    This square cube obviosly is smaller so can fit places that the other one can not and sometimes one needs less room. But I think the requests above for one sized to fit a bigger phone are requests for a vertical version without a hook of the 3D cube PLUS having that than in this knew materials/colours.

I have a request too @Darcy I would love an all fabric 3D Organizer in these knew colours/materials... and SEs and Swifts and SKs and... oh my good I love this fabric and these colours!!!

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbc3585 View Post
    The original 3doc probably fits most sporks and most phones, though I'm sure someone has thought of a benefit to having a 6x6 square rather than a 7x4.3 rectangle.
    After I wrote tall enough for a phone I thought about a vertical 3DOC.

Forum Member
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    After I wrote tall enough for a phone I thought about a vertical 3DOC.
    Hmmm come to think of it, I think a vertical 3doc might work better as a top pocket in something like the Synapse 19, tethered to the webbing loops. I tried a mesh 3doc in that configuration but found it slightly too wide, so it always kind of sagged in the middle.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh! I succumbed again. I just sent a "change my order" e-mail to add a Mars Red Cubelet to my order.

I keep mistyping it "cublet."

UPDATE: Mars Red is already sold out. I think I'm kind of relieved. I'll get it next time around.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 06-29-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Cublete a small cube but a big suprise

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Ugh! I succumbed again. I just sent a "change my order" e-mail to add a Mars Red Cubelet to my order.

I keep mistyping it "cublet."
    After seeing 210 and 525 fabrics in person, I am now convinced I also need one in Mars. The surprise for me is the 525 fabric. If anyone is planning to use the cubelet as a mini purse, definitely get the 525. For a pouch inside another bag, my vote is for the 210. As fate would have it, I got the alphaviolet to give as a gift, gah. Another order is in my future. Isn't it always??

The dawn is my keeper cubelet (grass also a gift). Planning to use as a tea caddy in my Little Swift for a trip this holiday weekend. Next to the keystrap, the blue hue is more discernible. Hoping for cubelet to come out in cloud 525 next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Michigan, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senua View Post
    Snack anyone?
    The Cublete a small cube but a big suprise-snack-2-jpg
    Uh oh, I'm in trouble if these are a perfect fit for larabars!

I'm also sold on getting a new MCB, but I can't decide between Alphaviolet, Deep Blue, and Olive, and since two of those three are still available in Cubelets, I'm pretty sure I just HAVE to order them :-D
    kindness is contagious.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    After seeing 210 and 525 fabrics in person, I am now convinced I also need one in Mars. The surprise for me is the 525 fabric. If anyone is planning to use the cubelet as a mini purse, definitely get the 525. For a pouch inside another bag, my vote is for the 210. As fate would have it, I got the alphaviolet to give as a gift, gah. Another order is in my future. Isn't it always??

The dawn is my keeper cubelet (grass also a gift). Planning to use as a tea caddy in my Little Swift for a trip this holiday weekend. Next to the keystrap, the blue hue is more discernible. Hoping for cubelet to come out in cloud 525 next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoot, I think I'm going to have to add a Dawn cubelet to my next order, that is a really nice color! And many thanks for the tea caddy note, my Cubelets are currently Out for Delivery and I'll have to see if one fits my travel tea kit better than the Q-Kit I'm (sort of) using now.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    i'm looking at the Cubelet as storage for my MBP power lead. The million dollar question - will it fit a 3 pin UK plug?? (they're a fair bit bulkier than US/Euro equivalents)
    @Mathew and other UK forum members,

Yes the Cubelet will fit a MBP power brick with a 3 pin UK plug adapter. I took out my old world adapter kit plugs and tried the fit with both the S525 and 210 grade Ballistic Cubelets, and both work, although it's a bit easier to get into the lighter weight and slightly more pliable 210 grade varieties of Cubelets:

Apple MacBook Power Brick with UK Plug Adapter shown beside Cubelets in Alphaviolet and Deep Blue (both S525 weight) on the left and Dawn and Viridian (210 weight) on the right. Larabars below the power brick also give the scale:

The Cublete a small cube but a big suprise-img_3289-jpg

MacBook power brick with UK plug inside open Dawn (210 weight) Cubelet

The Cublete a small cube but a big suprise-img_3290-jpg

MacBook power brick with UK plug inside zipped Alphaviolet (S525 weight) Cubelet

The Cublete a small cube but a big suprise-img_3292-jpg

Closeup of the same Alphaviolet Cubelet open and holding the MacBook power brick with a UK plug adapter

The Cublete a small cube but a big suprise-img_3291-jpg

I think you'll find the 210 weight Cubelets a bit easier to zip closed. The 3-head prong sticks up, and the S525 weight Cubelets (Alphaviolet and Deep Blue here) are a bit stiffer, while the 210 weight Cubelets (Dawn and Viridian in these pictures) are a bit more flexible due to their lighter weight. But either type of material will work.

HTH

moriond

ETA: My pictures are making Dawn seem too dark. It's got a subtle tint of blue when the early morning sky is just changing color and colors are emerging from the grey of the sky.
    Last edited by moriond; 06-29-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would the Cubelet fit in the top front pockets of the DLBC?

Everything is more fun on a Vespa! 🛵

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchone View Post
    Would the Cubelet fit in the top front pockets of the DLBC?
    Yes, @anarchone,

The Cubelet could fit into either of the front top pockets of the DLBC, and you could attach it to the O-ring above the zipper on either side of the DLBC (top right corner above the zipper or top left corner above the zipper, along the upper seam of the bag, about an inch in from either side of the DLBC), via it's own O-ring and a keystrap.

You might want to secure it that way, either via a keystrap or a double carabiner or S-biner clip of some kind, because the DLBC divided front compartments are deep enough to hold a 3D Organzer Cube.

HTH

moriond

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast