Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving an older thread, but head's up... there is steel/island "in production" for Parental Unit and TriStar

Still holding out hope for Western Flyer and maybe some of the backpacks.... or the new/upcoming/TBD bags!

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Yes, like Navy/Island!

(If there is a Fjord appreciation club I will happily join that too)
    And Nordic Halcyon / Island :)

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Reviving an older thread, but head's up... there is steel/island "in production" for Parental Unit and TriStar

Still holding out hope for Western Flyer and maybe some of the backpacks.... or the new/upcoming/TBD bags!
    Awesome. There’s been a real lack of steel ballistic options recently. Like you, the Steel/Island Western Flyer is the holy grail. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Orange County, CA, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would get a Steel/Island WF in a heartbeat.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Steel/Island Tri-Star is back in stock!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim13 View Post
    The Steel/Island Tri-Star is back in stock!
    As is the Steel/Island Parental Unit!

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish it was in some other items. Pilot or Western Flyer or Aeronaut anyone?

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    Wish it was in some other items. Pilot or Western Flyer or Aeronaut anyone?

All of the above? :)

I got a Steel/Iberian A30 last year for a trip when it looked like no S/I combo was forthcoming... I really like the bag, but would love it in S/I.

I'm debating about the TriStar in general and about S/I vs halcyon... it's already a heavy bag and even more so in ballistic. I'm thinking about getting a TriStar & WF at the same time to compare and contrast... I'm usually a 3D, not flat, packer, but I'm intrigued by maybe using this for business trips...

My fingers are crossed that some of the new bags they are talking about debuting will be in S/I.

A 525 ballistic version of steel would be really nice too for the smaller bags, but they probably won't because of Cloud...
    Last edited by G42; 04-05-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the above? :)

I got a Steel/Iberian A30 last year for a trip when it looked like no S/I combo was forthcoming... I really the bag, but would love it in S/I.

I'm debating about the TriStar in general and about S/I vs halcyon... it's already a heavy bag and even more so in ballistic. I'm thinking about getting a TriStar & WF at the same time to compare and contrast... I'm usually a 3D, not flat, packer, but I'm intrigued by maybe using this for business trips...

My fingers are crossed that some of the new bags they are talking about debuting will be in S/I.

A 525 ballistic version of steel would be really nice too for the smaller bags, but they probably won't because of Cloud...
    My Steel/Island Tristar is my favourite travel bag of all time. I’d strongly encourage anyone to grab one in this combo while you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cloud/Viridian is also very pretty. It's close to steel/island.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    My Steel/Island Tristar is my favourite travel bag of all time. I’d strongly encourage anyone to grab one in this combo while you can.
    Perseffect, you are too persuasive! I ordered it and also a WF halcyon black/island so I can see both flat pack styles, sizes, etc. Hoping to only keep one, but you know what a slippery slope that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinoidea View Post
    Cloud/Viridian is also very pretty. It's close to steel/island.
    I do like that combo as well. I got a SK with that combo and it looks very good with my Steel SA and A30... too bad those are both iberian inside vs island (bah humbug).

Also picked up coyote/island pocket pouch like the one @Moriond posted, because that looked nice too and those pockets are useful...

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perseffect, you are too persuasive! I ordered it and also a WF halcyon black/island so I can see both flat pack styles, sizes, etc. Hoping to only keep one, but you know what a slippery slope that is!

I do like that combo as well. I got a SK with that combo and it looks very good with my Steel SA and A30... too bad those are both iberian inside vs island (bah humbug).

Also picked up coyote/island pocket pouch like the one @Moriond posted, because that looked nice too and those pockets are useful...
    I keep eyeing up the Cloud/Veridian and Cloud/Dawn as alternatives. Yet to get anything in it but I’m sure it’s just a matter of time.

So pleased you’ve gone for the Tristar and also the WF. I’d love to have both but sold my Black Halcyon WF awaiting it to come into stock in Steel. Hope you like them.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Island involved, but Steel ballistic/Steel parapack just popped up as 'in production' on the Empire Builder... way too much bag for me, but nice colour combo.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Island involved, but Steel ballistic/Steel parapack just popped up as 'in production' on the Empire Builder... way too much bag for me, but nice colour combo.
    Nice. I have Steel Ballistic / NWS in thre Ristretto and that’s also a really nice ‘calm’ combination.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steel / Island is 'in production' on the Cadet

And Steel is in production for the Small Yeoman

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast