Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Come on, we all love greys in the UK, I literally just bought what I think is your old grey/UV S19 from KAB, so I'm sure you would have no problem, selling it to one of us in the (extremely unlikely) event that you don't love it at first sight.... The Steel/Island Appreciation Society

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    You are right. Itís a small world isnít it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    You are right. It’s a small world isn’t it.

It most certainly is....and what a bunch of good, lucky people we are.....appreciating and enjoying TB bags! :)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Come on, we all love greys in the UK, I literally just bought what I think is your old grey/UV S19 from KAB, so I'm sure you would have no problem, selling it to one of us in the (extremely unlikely) event that you don't love it at first sight.... The Steel/Island Appreciation Society

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    You guys should start a UK Bihnion meet-up (yes, it's a big country, but it would be cool if it worked out)... I saw that @maverick and @perseffect had a meet-up

Orange County, CA, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered a Steel/Island WF today. Iím a happy man The Steel/Island Appreciation SocietyThe Steel/Island Appreciation Society
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    ďNot all those who wander are lost.Ē - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Steel/Island WF arrived today!!! Also got a Black/Island Pocket Pouch and Island cords for pulls

The Steel/Island Appreciation Society-wf-gif

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    My Steel/Island WF arrived today!!! Also got a Black/Island Pocket Pouch and Island cords for pulls

The Steel/Island Appreciation Society-wf-gif
    Nice. Still debating wether to order one or myself.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. Itís official. I have no will power.

Western Flyer in Steel/Island on order. With accompanying Island Packing Cube Backpack.

Aarrrgghh!

Orange County, CA, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received my Steel/Island WF. Itís really quite a nice look.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    ďNot all those who wander are lost.Ē - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Steel/Island Appreciation Society

Quote Originally Posted by nimikor View Post
    I just received my Steel/Island WF. Itís really quite a nice look.
    Itís a lovely colour combo and Iím super excited to get mine next Wednesday.

Between a WF for lightweight trips and the Tristar for functional (ie work equipment) trips. Iím well covered.

In the end I didnít go ahead with an A45 in Steel/Island as I had just found a nearly new Navy/NWS. That rounds out the collection for family trips. And I think the Navy/NWS complements the Grey - Blue colour scheme going on anyway.

P.S. I really like the Navy/NWS but it seems to be less favoured to Navy/Wasabi or Navy/Green or Navy/Iberian. Hopefully the Navy/NWS or Navy/Cloud makes it to more bags.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I'm right beside you with the no will power. It's so hard to resist sometimes.

I'm replacing my original black dynema bags (S25, A30, DLBP, SK, SE) with more colorful options. The steel island combo really appeals to me, so I'm watching for it.

I just ordered a TC and noticed the Side Kick was available in Steel. Yay. But I can't join the club yet because the interior is ultraviolet. I was weak and we know resistance is futile. I'm certain that I'll love it, as I'm very pleased with that as a liner color. One of the other options will allow me to join the club. elisa

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Greetings,
    I'm right beside you with the no will power. It's so hard to resist sometimes.

I'm replacing my original black dynema bags (S25, A30, DLBP, SK, SE) with more colorful options. The steel island combo really appeals to me, so I'm watching for it.

I just ordered a TC and noticed the Side Kick was available in Steel. Yay. But I can't join the club yet because the interior is ultraviolet. I was weak and we know resistance is futile. I'm certain that I'll love it, as I'm very pleased with that as a liner color. One of the other options will allow me to join the club. elisa
    You can join the Club by open appreciation of the gloriousness that is Steel/Island (or Steel/Fjord, or Steel/Viridian...strong points for Cloud/Island, Viridian, Navy/NWSky, etc... and maybe soon to be joined by Nebulous/Island!!!.... and, and, and...)
    :)
    Basically, there's a strong grey/blue bias going on over here and you are welcome to come wallow in it

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those of you with the Steel/Island Western Flyer, how do you like that bag in that fabric? I'm a little tempted because of the colors, but I like my Halcyon WF so much I'm not sure I'd like it in 1080 ballistic or if I'd think it was too stiff. (Cloud/Island, though...)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Those of you with the Steel/Island Western Flyer, how do you like that bag in that fabric? I'm a little tempted because of the colors, but I like my Halcyon WF so much I'm not sure I'd like it in 1080 ballistic or if I'd think it was too stiff. (Cloud/Island, though...)
    There have been posts around the Forums about how the fabrics changing over time if you google around...

I just received my WF and it is stiff, like all the new 1050 items are... I had previously test packed both a TriStar and WF in the 1050 ballistics and sent them back partly because of how stiff they felt...
    Then I bought a Black/Solar TriStar off of Ebay (because, SOLAR) and as it was several years old, the ballistic had completely softened up and become much more supple.

Since I had that experience, I had no qualms getting a new 1050 ballistic WF, as I know that it will soften up over time.

I doubt they'll put Cloud into the WF...they seem to be using the 1050 for all the larger bags... Steel is the 1050 grey with Cloud & Nebulous in the 525...

HTH

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    There have been posts around the Forums about how the fabrics changing over time if you google around...

I just received my WF and it is stiff, like all the new 1050 items are... I had previously test packed both a TriStar and WF in the 1050 ballistics and sent them back partly because of how stiff they felt...
    Then I bought a Black/Solar TriStar off of Ebay (because, SOLAR) and as it was several years old, the ballistic had completely softened up and become much more supple.

Since I had that experience, I had no qualms getting a new 1050 ballistic WF, as I know that it will soften up over time.

I doubt they'll put Cloud into the WF...they seem to be using the 1050 for all the larger bags... Steel is the 1050 grey with Cloud & Nebulous in the 525...

HTH
    Thanks! I know there are posts, but I also know that if I started looking for them I'd get sidetracked by a lot of other interesting posts and I'd get sucked into reading them for the next five hours. So I hoped someone would be willing to take the time to answer here. Thank you! :-)

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It arrived. And itís awesome!

And itís got tie down straps which I didnít know when I ordered it. An extra bonus as I missed having them in the larger Tristar.

And for @G42 who asked how Steel/Island compared to Navy/NWS.

Wishing the Navy/NWS was available in more items as it also is a fantastic colour combination.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast