Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Amy,
    At the end of the day, it was between Blue and Black 525 ballistic. I did not like the halcyon on that particular bag. It will stand up on its own. The halcyon definitely had more "give" to it, meaning you could probably fit more in it than the 525. I absolutely love the blue 525, super happy. I did not get a chance to take pics, but will try tonight and certainly before the end of the week.
    Last edited by Tizi; 12-20-2017 at 07:39 AM.
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema DLBC and DLBP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After test packing a playing around with the bag, I have decided to return it. I currently own a Pilot and Co-Pilot which fit the role I would have for the Stowaway. In addition, the bag has too many zippers for my liking. They are noisy even when I added paracord to the zippers. My wife loves it, however she has a Ristretto that serves the same role.
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema DLBC and DLBP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes.

Forum Member
    Stuttgart
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizi View Post
    After test packing a playing around with the bag, I have decided to return it. I currently own a Pilot and Co-Pilot which fit the role I would have for the Stowaway. In addition, the bag has too many zippers for my liking. They are noisy even when I added paracord to the zippers. My wife loves it, however she has a Ristretto that serves the same role.
    I am in the same boat, although I have removed the backpack straps so I will continue to use the bag until I find the right one. Overall it is a good bag, but I find myself having to open four different zippered compartments each morning when I arrive for work. Phone in one, coffee in another, laptop or shop bag in one, and documents in the back. I have realized I prefer a big with at least one compartment with larger dimensions.

I may need to take another look at the Pilot.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    My setup has been working great:
    * Black Halcyon Pilot is my professional office shoulder bag at home and away
    * WF is my go-to work travel bag, once optimized it is the best bag in the Bihn line-up
    * Synapse does duty as overflow for air travel

Here's what I do for business trips:

Trips of 2-3 days:
    * Pilot gets the laptop, wears shoulder during travel, goes under the airline seat, WF wears in backpack mode, goes into the overhead.

Trips of 3-4 days:
    * Pilot takes some business pack, is folded in half, goes into the bottom of the S25 which takes the rest of the business gear (laptop, etc) and overflow clothes
    * S25 wears as backpack, goes under the seat
    * WF wears as a shoulder bag, goes into the overhead

I'm 6'2" and I can get 2 full suits and all the fixings into the WF! Wearing is a 3rd suit, and a 4th (jacket / pants only) can go into the S25. I also don't travel "light": I use full size B&W headphones, carry two 20,000 maH batteries, etc.

So basically a Black halcyon S25, Pilot, and WF can get you anywhere, past any security, onto any airplane, anywhere in World full carry-on. I have an A45 but it's been demoted ... I may get a 2nd WF as two would be like having a travel trunk that fits into an airline over-head ...
    Thank you for this! I have an S25 Guide's Edition and have been debating what else I should buy. Your post (and airline personal item rules) have convinced me that the WF is the way to go.

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whitnorris View Post
    I am in the same boat, although I have removed the backpack straps so I will continue to use the bag until I find the right one. Overall it is a good bag, but I find myself having to open four different zippered compartments each morning when I arrive for work. Phone in one, coffee in another, laptop or shop bag in one, and documents in the back. I have realized I prefer a big with at least one compartment with larger dimensions.

I may need to take another look at the Pilot.
    @whitnorris, I absolutely agree with your point.
    I love to love my Stowaway. Try for a few months, try to love it compare to my DLBC. But couldn't. One thing is the weight and the another is the tough/heavy zippers all around the compartment that made opening the all 4 compartments really a choir - everytime. I didn't return my Stowaway due to my location and would be quite expensive to do that. Nonetheless, I alright to keep it for some circumstances that I need to use an elegant-business ready briefcase.

My Navy Stowaway looks neat, elegant, beautiful. As long as I don't overpack it. It could look slightly bloated.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3