Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors

Hi, I'm Awbee!

First time poster. I'm also relatively new to Tom Bihn bags. I've tried the Synapse 19 and Small Cafe Bag - neither worked for me but I was impressed by Tom Bihn's quality and their CS people. Plus, everyone's enthusiasm here for the bags made me want to find my own. *^^*

Well today, my new order arrived AND... I can officially say, I've found MY Tom Bihn Bag - the SIDE KICK!

After screaming happily for a few minutes, I took some pictures to celebrate. It helped me A LOT to see everyone's photos and reviews. Hopefully, these photos will help you out too!

*Big thanks to Kat from TB's CS team for answering so... many... questions. Finally found a keeper ...or 3!* OK here we go!

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-01marsred_canyon_leaves-jpg
    The Side Kick in Mars Red with Canyon Interior. It's such a rich red ~ perfect Fall color combo!

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-02sk_trio_marsred_deepblue_aubergine-jpg
    Side Kicks! (Top to Bottom: Aubergine 1050 Ballistic, Deep Blue 525 Ballistic, and Mars Red 525 Ballistic)

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-03sk_trio2_aubergine_marsred_deepblue-jpg
    A Happy Trio of Side Kicks!

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-04cubelets_marsred_alphaviolet_canyon-jpg
    Adorable Cubelets in Alphaviolet, Canyon, and Mars Red

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-05marsred_canyoninterior-jpg
    The Canyon interior of the Mars Red Side Kick

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-06marsred_canyoncubelet_northwestsky-jpg
    Mars Red Side Kick paired with the Canyon Cubelet and Northwest Sky Halcyon Mini Pouch

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-07auberginesk_canyoncubelet_ultraviolet-jpg
    Here's a color combo that surprised me! Aubergine Side Kick paired with the Canyon Cubelet and UltraViolet Halcyon Yarn Sack *so pretty*

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-08aubergine_islandinterior-jpg
    The Aubergine Side Kick with the Island Halcyon interior feels like I have a little bit of Blue Sky in my bag :)

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-09aubergine_deepblue_sheen-jpg
    This photo really captured the Sheen that the 525 fabric has. (SK in Aubergine 1050 and Deep Blue 525)

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-10alphaviolet_dusk_deepblue-jpg
    This is the Deep Blue Side Kick with lovely Dawn interior. I paired it with the Alphaviolet Cubelet. (It's really hard to capture the true Alphaviolet color because of the sheen but I think this photo was the closest I got.)

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-11deepblue_ultraviolet-jpg
    Deep Blue Side Kick with Dawn interior paired with the Ultraviolet Key Strap and Halcyon Mini Pouch.

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-12dusk_interior_deepbluesk-jpg
    Here's the inside of the Deep Blue Side Kick (Dawn interior).

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-13deepblue_canyon_northwestsky-jpg
    Trying out the Deep Blue Side Kick with the Canyon Cubelet and Northwest Sky Halcyon Mini Pouch.

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors-14deepblue_dusk_canyoncubelet-jpg
    Here's the Canyon Cubelet in the front zippered pocket of the Deep Blue Side Kick. This is the best "Dawn" photo I got. It's a really lovely, subdued blue/purple. I hope TB makes more bags with it before it's retirement.

And that's it! *phew*

Last Thoughts:
    - Sidekicks are my ideal purse/bag. They look like they'll hold everything I need for my quick outings: phone, wallet, keys, accessories, potentially a small water bottle, and a notepad. I'm still eyeing a Luminary for my Laptop and other things, but first I have to decide on a color. ^0^

- I couldn't tell before ordering these bags, but I prefer the 525 Ballistic material to the 1050 Ballistic. It's softer, more flexible, and should make packing items easier. Plus that sheen really adds something to the bags. The Aubergine reminds me more of a "matte" suitcase material. That's not a deal breaker for me. The color is exactly what I was hoping it would be! Just be aware that there is a noticeable a difference between the ballistics.

- Cubelets are adorable and surprisingly interchangeable. I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of them across the bags. Now I'm waiting for TB to restock their colors! I also can't wait until the 525 colors are available in pouches.

- I'm REALLY hoping more bags will be made in the 525 colors! The photos don't do them justice. You just have to see them in person. And their color combinations pair so well together.

Thanks for reading this far. If you have any questions that I can help answer, feel free to ask. (And if I didn't post this where I should of or it needs to be reformatted, please let me know.)

Until the next bag!
    ~Awbee

Note: Edited to change "Dusk" to "Dawn".
    Last edited by Awbee; 10-16-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Orange County, CA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors

I love the pictures. Thanks! Is that interior color "Dusk" or "Dawn"?
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the catch! I'm fixing it now. And yes, it is indeed "Dawn" not "Dusk". ^^
    Last edited by Awbee; 10-16-2017 at 09:43 PM. Reason: specified color changed

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic pictures! I love mars red. I have a mars red/canyon Side Effect that's become my wallet. I've tried the Side Effect many times. I have 4 total, but mars/canyon is the only one that claimed me.
    I have a Sidekick on Nordic/wasabi, but the new 525 fabrics are tempting. It's a great bag.

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Side Kick in Verde and Northwest Sky which I love so much that I've bought another one in Cloud and Viridian. The Side kick is exactly the right size and so well organised.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the great pictures! The SK is my favourite bag too. It is the perfect size, I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rocks I completely agree with you on the Mar Red/Canyon! It feels so good together. I considered the Nordic Halcyon too for the SK but ultimately went for the new 525s. How do you like the Halcyon material on your SK?

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Denises It's surprising how many pockets/organization the SK has and yet, it's still so compact. How do you like the Cloud/Viridian combo?

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cloud/Viridian is so beautiful, and as summer is approaching here in the southern hemisphere, it seemed like a good idea to get a lighter, brighter coloured bag.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denises View Post
    Cloud/Viridian is so beautiful, and as summer is approaching here in the southern hemisphere, it seemed like a good idea to get a lighter, brighter coloured bag.
    Summery colors... I hadn't thought of that before. Now you've got me pondering a Summer bag too ^.^ Currently cold and cloudy over here but summer's going to need a touch of Tom Bihn too! :D

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awbee, I love your style! And your pictures! I can see the Mars Sidekicks selling out soon because of those wonderful images that speak "Fall! Change your colors! (one ordered by me!) I already have a black one, my staple EDC along with the Luminary, however it will be so fun to change it up!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    @Rocks I completely agree with you on the Mar Red/Canyon! It feels so good together. I considered the Nordic Halcyon too for the SK but ultimately went for the new 525s. How do you like the Halcyon material on your SK?
    I'm not Rocks but I love my black Halcyon SK. It is forgiving when I overstuff it either width-wise or height-wise. The weight-savings of the Halcyon fabric is then cancelled out by the extra stuff I can put in ;-)

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Awbee, I love your style! And your pictures! I can see the Mars Sidekicks selling out soon because of those wonderful images that speak "Fall! Change your colors! (one ordered by me!) I already have a black one, my staple EDC along with the Luminary, however it will be so fun to change it up!
    Thanks Anna2222! The Mars Red/Canyon is stunning in person. I'm glad you got one before they disappear. ^_~

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I'm not Rocks but I love my black Halcyon SK. It is forgiving when I overstuff it either width-wise or height-wise. The weight-savings of the Halcyon fabric is then cancelled out by the extra stuff I can put in ;-)
    Oh, good point! I went with the Sidekick because it'd be a light EDC. But I may need to try it now in Halcyon and feel the difference. >< There's too many good options for this bag! I guess that's a good problem to have though. :) Thanks, Cristina!

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Halcyon Sidekick a lot. It's squishy yet stands up if there's something flat in the bottom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast