Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the PT is the wrong shape for a shoulder strap. I really hate bags that have 2 long over the shoulder carry handles AND a cross body strap.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still not sure exactly how I'll use it, but I have a red PT on it's way! We'll see how it fits my miscellany...

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all looks pretty together but Iím feeling conflicted.

1) I definitely like cloud better than dawn

2) I bought the small YSS to organize inside my PT but I think I should have gone medium. Medium is taller right? Do they still make medium?

3) And Iím kind of wondering if another TC or a 3DOC would be better than a YSS. I heart zippers.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pop Tote a take on zipped Totes by Tom Bihn-img_7104-jpg

WHAT IS BETTER THAN ONE POP TOTE?

Pop Tote a take on zipped Totes by Tom Bihn-img_7105-jpg

WHAT IS BETTER THAN 2 POP TOTES?

Pop Tote a take on zipped Totes by Tom Bihn-img_7106-jpg

My lovely Pop Tote family, which I will be travelling with this holiday season instead of my traditional A30/WF, just for the fun of it! The Cloud holds all the gear for the doggies, Mars holds my clothing in packing cubes, and the Olive (abbreviated for "IN LOVE WITH THIS COLOR!") is my EDC.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE and BLESSINGS TO ALL!!!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love your pictures anna2222 particular the first makes for a great holiday card :-D

Ilkyway
    ďAnkh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.Ē

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh @anna2222 just when I think I’ve made up my mind on a color, you post another gorgeous picture...

Safe travels!
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,
    I just got a Pop Tote for Christmas from my future son-in-law- it's on its way to me now! I'm very excited because I've been wanting a Bihn-quality-level zippered tote bag for a long time. I've been reading these threads about it and I'm hoping it's going to be as useful as it appears. I particularly like the wide gusset that fits large/irregular things, and the fact it stands up on its own. It reminds me of a tote version of the bucket-like Smart Alec, which is one of the most useful bags I have. I do have a couple of questions:

- Is the Pop Tote big enough to hold a fully packed Copilot? If so, is there still room to put extra stuff in it?
    - The description said the side pockets fit a "small water bottle" - will it hold a S'well bottle? Will wine bottles fit?

Thanks!
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the Pop Tote will fit a Copilot, a wine bottle, and a Kleen Kanteen (so probably a Swell bottle, too. With the bottles in the side pockets, you'll lose room from the main compartment. Then the Copilot fits better on its side. With just one bottle, the Copilot can fit right-side up. There should be room for more stuff even when the Pop Tote has two bottles and a Copilot.

Pop Tote a take on zipped Totes by Tom Bihn-img_6347-jpg

Pop Tote a take on zipped Totes by Tom Bihn-img_6348-jpg

Pop Tote a take on zipped Totes by Tom Bihn-img_6350-jpg

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRD View Post
    Unless they finally make the Black Halcyon PCSB I’ve been hoping for. lol.
    I bought a Black Halcyon PCSB a couple years ago and sent it back. It was a black hole, and I couldn't find anything in it. If it was lined in a light, bright color and had lots of internal pockets, then I would have kept it, but that sort of defeats its purpose.

I still sort of wish that the zip top shop bag was more like the regular halcyon shop bags, only with a zip top. The PT is almost a bit too engineered for me, but it will have its uses. I don't need it as an everyday carry. I need it as a tote bag where things don't fall out.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 12-29-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @rocks - those helpful images have got me thinking... Could you clip the co-pilot to the PT o-rings and then carry the pop-tote/CP by an absolute strap attached to the CP? Obviously the PT would be unzipped but I’m thinking this might be useful in an airport running between flights. Then pack away the strap, and zip up the PT when stashed under your seat,
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received a Pop Tote for Christmas and it is PERFECT. I've one of those people that has been asking for a zippered tote in the various wish list threads, and this does not disappoint. (OK, fine, it could have more O-rings, but I'm pretty sure one will always ask for more O-rings, regardless of how many O-rings any bag actually has.)
    THANK YOU TOM!

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnleftbrighteyes View Post
    I received a Pop Tote for Christmas and it is PERFECT. I've one of those people that has been asking for a zippered tote in the various wish list threads, and this does not disappoint. (OK, fine, it could have more O-rings, but I'm pretty sure one will always ask for more O-rings, regardless of how many O-rings any bag actually has.)
    THANK YOU TOM!
    I consider the Pop Tote perfect too, and think it was worth the wait. I like how it has a base sufficiently sturdy to sit on something without falling over, and a shape that accommodates all sorts of different objects. The way the straps are angled is really great for comfortable carrying and supporting the bag when loaded. I suspect a lot of thought went into the exact angle. If I wanted to be really picky, it would be nice to have a small flat pocket inside, but it's not a big deal.

Since it arrived I've been using it for all sorts of things. Today it went to the gym with me, carrying my exercise gear and comfortably fitting into the gym locker.

Pop Tote a take on zipped Totes by Tom Bihn-img_1352-jpg
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

San Jose, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s missing on this bag is a luggage “pass through”. A wide piece of horizontal fabric sewn onto the back so you can put it over a luggage handle. This way it if it’s heavy it can ride ontop of your luggage so you don’t have to carry it. I won’t use a carry on bag without that feature. But as an everyday bag I like it. Too bad they’re not lined in bright colors. I’d like to buy a black one but I don’t want a black interior because it’s difficult to see your items. I’d like it lined in ultraviolet like my side kick.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    What’s missing on this bag is a luggage “pass through”. A wide piece of horizontal fabric sewn onto the back so you can put it over a luggage handle. This way it if it’s heavy it can ride ontop of your luggage so you don’t have to carry it. I won’t use a carry on bag without that feature. But as an everyday bag I like it. Too bad they’re not lined in bright colors. I’d like to buy a black one but I don’t want a black interior because it’s difficult to see your items. I’d like it lined in ultraviolet like my side kick.
    And the pass-through could have zippered bottom like the CP...

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast