Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Colorado Springs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the strap length the same as for the Swift/Little Swift? I love those bags but the strap length is too short for me.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Is the strap length the same as for the Swift/Little Swift? I love those bags but the strap length is too short for me.
    I wondered about the strap length too. tpnl was kind enough to measure it for me. Here is his response:

"From my check, attachment point to attachment point, it is 23 inches. Funny thing is I compared this to a SSB and LSB that I have and they both measured the same - 23 inches as well.

Hope this helps

Cheers!"

See post #1110 in this thread: https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...esigns-74.html
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the thorough pictorial, Ilkyway!

My favorite TB colors are original Nordic and Navy so I'm definitely going to try for a Deep Blue Pop Tote (I have a work activity at launch, but maybe there will be enough stock to last more than an hour). If the dark interior is problematic, then I'll copy your smart suggestion to use a SSB as a liner...I liked the look of your Nordic SE in the bag so I may try my original Nordic SSB.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    Ilkyway, thanks for the great pictures! I am looking forward to the Pop Tote even more now.

Kind of strange and random question for those of you have both a Pop Tote and a Large Shop Bag - does anyone know if the 6qt Instant Pot will fit in either one of them? I have to travel with one next month (stupid food allergies) and if it can fit in a TB bag I'll be a lot happier than if I have to buy some random carrier off Amazon. (I don't need insulation, just easy-carry handles and pockets would be a bonus.)
    Meglet, I do not have a Pop Tote, but a 6 qt Instapot fits in a large shop bag - no problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    Meglet, I do not have a Pop Tote, but a 6 qt Instapot fits in a large shop bag - no problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmmm. I only have a Small Shop Bag, which doesn't fit, so I may need to add a Large Shop Bag to my collection when my preferred color comes back into stock. Thanks!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Maryland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm - just received a small shop bag in ultraviolet, now that I know it fits inside I'm thinking it would pair well with an Olive Pop Tote (sorry, but am I the only one who is trying really hard not to call it a Pop Tart?). For me it will be super practical as a personal item when flying.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Wilde View Post
    (sorry, but am I the only one who is trying really hard not to call it a Pop Tart?).
    Nope, not the only one. ;-)

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm - just received a small shop bag in ultraviolet, now that I know it fits inside I'm thinking it would pair well with an Olive Pop Tote (sorry, but am I the only one who is trying really hard not to call it a Pop Tart?). For me it will be super practical as a personal item when flying.
    I only checked the meshurements against a couple of European airlines but for them the Pop Tote is too large as a personal item. Of cause, if loosely packed it would still fit into the sizer but I do not know if that would be ok. So please make sure to check with your airline first. :-)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the PT packed flat in the bottom of an A45. If the side pannels of the A45 are shut and the side pockets are full than one side of the PT will have to bend up along the side wall a bit. Not sure the pictures are clear, the weather here is... not helpful - no light.

And here is the PT flat as before but folded over once inside a Synapse 25 top open pocket inside the main compartment:

Mind you I am never sure if folding over a zipped aria of a bag is ok so maybe @Darcy can chime in here. The folding might strain the zip too much?

Here is the PT flat and folded over once both next to a Small Cafe Bag for size refference:

Ilkyway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Oh and... because I could not resist and I am a bag in bag nutter... here is the Zest Small Shop Bag inside the Pop Tote working both as a liner and adding two pockets:

Ilkyway
    This is the bag I wanted a TB tote to be. I have a bunch of LLBean zip top totes, but they don't have pockets or key rings. I have a bucket style tote with a bright interior lining with interior pockets, but it doesn't zip. And I could buy two of those for the price of this one. (Well, 3 because I'd have to buy a shop tote to actually get the bag I wanted.)

I'm really bummed the Pop Tote doesn't have a bright lining. I love my Black/fjord little swift, but don't use it because 1) it's to small and 2) it doesn't zip. I'm also disappointed at the lack of interior pockets in the PT.

Bummer.
    Last edited by Crinoidea; 11-22-2017 at 05:06 AM.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also disappointed at the lack of interior pockets in the PT.
    Interesting how we are all so different in what we are looking for...I'm actually very excited that there aren't any interior pockets so that it maximizes flexibility in what I'll use this bag for: EDC, overnight bag, shopping tote, plane carry on.

There does seem to be 2 main types of folks on this forum: those that do their organizing via pockets, and those that do their organizing via smaller pouches and bags. I'm the latter type. I have a bunch of modular kits that follow me from bag to bag depending on my needs of that day. While lots of folks were excited when the Makers Bag came out, all those pockets didn't work for me. Same with the Parental Unit. It was only in using a variety of bags to realize my "style" of packing.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

The Earth, we share.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that PT does not have any loop or something secure to hook up Absolute Shoulder Strap, shall one prefer to carry it messenger style and/or with longer Shoulder Style. Do you guys think that it could be easily retrofit or use the existing feature to hook up?

PT looks very convincing to me, and a great alternative to The Makers Bag with its zipped compartment, exterior side pockets.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Mrs_Wilde;152464](sorry, but am I the only one who is trying really hard not to call it a Pop Tart?)QUOTE]

I am constantly calling it a Pop Tart.

Also, Pope Tote On A Rope, for no apparent reason.

Vancouver, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG! That's all I can think of everytime I see it written. And frankly, it's making me hungry.

I am seriously considering this bag, too. Seems to be an honest-to-goodness multi-tool bag.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    @sd2102 if you pack the bag to capacity a bottle wound fit into the outer pocket:

You would have to put the bottle in when packing, that way you leve the needed space. Closing than is no problem.

The whide mouth insulated KKs are the same girth so they fit:

Here their volume:

Ilkyway

PS: this bag can do multiple looks depending on how full it is. I prefear the look when bag is moderatly full rahter than stuffed. But I apriciate the extra volume as I know it will come handy.
    Thank you so much- this is incredibly helpful. I think this is the bag I never knew I needed so I will (hopefully) be ordering one on Monday!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast