Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ID bag modified to fit a Brompton

ID bag modified to fit a Brompton-dpm2owyuqae4gfc-jpg

This blog post is 50% about the Brompton, and 50% about how to make an ID bag fit on the front. https://jnyyz.wordpress.com/2017/11/...t-of-brompton/

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I totally misinterpreted the title to your post. I thought you modified the bag to fit a folded Brompton. :) Reading comprehension is a real thing ...

Anyway, that looks great. It's a really nice hack. I have an ID that is once again stored away unused, as I don't work in an office anymore. I still love the bag though.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sujo View Post
    OK, I totally misinterpreted the title to your post. I thought you modified the bag to fit a folded Brompton. :) Reading comprehension is a real thing ...

Anyway, that looks great. It's a really nice hack. I have an ID that is once again stored away unused, as I don't work in an office anymore. I still love the bag though.
    ID bag modified to fit a Brompton-img_7128-jpg

I'm excited because I hadn't used the ID bag for a while since it doesn't fit easily into a commuter bike pannier

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a great article :)
    Almost makes me want a folding bike (must....resist...new bike)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I may have to see how this works with my Cadet...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Killeri View Post
    Hmm, I may have to see how this works with my Cadet...
    by all means, let us know

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnyyz View Post
    by all means, let us know
    A T-bag frame does not fit in the back pocket of Cadet. Otherwise the concept feels sound, so a smaller frame probably works fine.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A T-bag frame does not fit in the back pocket of Cadet. Otherwise the concept feels sound, so a smaller frame probably works fine.
    was it the width that was the issue?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnyyz View Post
    was it the width that was the issue?
    Yes, it is an inch or so too wide (didn't actually check the height).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is an inch or so too wide (didn't actually check the height).
    thanks. Updated blog post accordingly.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came upon this post very belatedly, and I am very grateful to the original poster, @jnyyz for the video link. My willpower broke and I brought home a Brompton. I really wanted to be able to take advantage of some of my Tom Bihn bags, if possible. My steel dyneema/halcyon Co-Pilot fits perfectly with a tote sized bag frame, though I imagine a ballistic one would work even better with its slightly greater rigidity. The Pilot will also work, as @jnyyz demonstrated above, and I may take advantage of that option too, even if the fit is slightly more loose around the frame since it is wider. Great discovery!

Last edited by NWhikergal; 04-27-2019 at 06:25 PM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I came upon this post very belatedly, and I am very grateful to the original poster, @jnyyz for the video link. My willpower broke and I brought home a Brompton. I really wanted to be able to take advantage of some of my Tom Bihn bags, if possible. My steel dyneema/halcyon Co-Pilot fits perfectly with a tote sized bag frame, though I imagine a ballistic one would work even better with its slightly greater rigidity. The Pilot will also work, as @jnyyz demonstrated above, and I may take advantage of that option too, even if the fit is slightly more loose around the frame since it is wider. Great discovery!
    Lovely photos, NWhikergal! It almost makes me want a Brompton too--I'll just have to keep reminding myself that I test-rode one and didn't like the ride as well as the Electra Amsterdam I ended up buying. (OK, so they're different bikes with different use cases, but I'm trying to ignore that!)

@perseffect posted about doing the same thing with a Brompton and a Co-Pilot a couple of months ago. Must have been a mild winter in that part of the UK.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aedifica, thank you, also for posting the link to @Perseffect’s post. It almost makes me wish I had a second Co-Pilot since his looks so cheery in Mars red! There are so many amazing bikes it is really hard to choose. I was particularly looking for a very compact fold. The Electra looks very intriguing - I love Dutch style bikes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 04-27-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing. Great to see another Tom Bihn and Brompton user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I'm very disappointed to realize that it's Sunday and the Bike Friday store in Eugene, Oregon is closed. I was looking forward to test driving a folding bike for the first time. The mistake is entirely mine, as I did not realize that it would be Sunday when we were passing through Eugene. It's the nature of a road trip and I know it requires flexibility, but I'm still disappointed.

Your lovely photos are cheering me up. Thank you! elisa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast