1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    So, Iíve decided that the A45 is going to be the next video.

Iíve been comparing the old and new ones I have and thereís a few subtle changes that I think have more impact in use than I would have expected. So I want to show those.

And of course, cover then all the layouts and setups Iíve used with the bag showing itís cool features (from my point of view of course).

Iíve scripted the topics, just need a quiet day to film it. Coming Soon....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome! Thanks so much. Looking forward to your review since I am still waffling between an new and old A45 for those times I think I may have/want to check it.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artdime View Post
    Very cool, looking forward to it, especially since I have the old version. Are you going to wait for the Steel A45? :)
    Not going to wait for the Steel one. Iím going to use a Navy/NWS one I picked up recently.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS) & (Black/Steel), Tristar (Steel/Island), Cadet (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Black Halcyon/Iberian), Synapse 19 (Grey/UV), Ristretto 13 (Steel/NWS), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Co-Pilot (Steel/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel), Daylight Backpack (Burnt Orange), Daylight Briefcase (Black Halcyon) PLUS more 'bits' than you can shake a stick at!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Filming complete. Iím hoping to split the content and do 2 videos on the A45.

One on the comparisons between old and new and one on how I use the bag with other bags, folders, cubes etc (more of a review).

Hopefully they will be posted soon.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS) & (Black/Steel), Tristar (Steel/Island), Cadet (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Black Halcyon/Iberian), Synapse 19 (Grey/UV), Ristretto 13 (Steel/NWS), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Co-Pilot (Steel/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel), Daylight Backpack (Burnt Orange), Daylight Briefcase (Black Halcyon) PLUS more 'bits' than you can shake a stick at!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first of the 2 videos are now live. First one is on the comparison between the old and new Aeronaut 45. And how small changes can make a big practical difference.

https://youtu.be/BJkJ9Icz6AQ

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first of the 2 videos are now live. First one is on the comparison between the old and new Aeronaut 45. And how small changes can make a big practical difference.

https://youtu.be/BJkJ9Icz6AQ

I just watched the A45: old v. new and wow, what an informative comparison! It's incredibly helpful to see the two side by side, even though the old ones are only available second-hand.

I like how you pointed out changes like the new seam and the barrel v. straight ends, and how you explained how each change made a difference in using the bag. I learned a lot from this video, thanks.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I just watched the A45: old v. new and wow, what an informative comparison! It's incredibly helpful to see the two side by side, even though the old ones are only available second-hand.

I like how you pointed out changes like the new seam and the barrel v. straight ends, and how you explained how each change made a difference in using the bag. I learned a lot from this video, thanks.
    Thanks. I kind of geeked out a bit with all the details. The more I looked, the more I realised TB had put a lot of thought into the changes and the impact they have.

Glad it was useful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the second A45 video is now online.

This one is a straight detailed review of how I use it for personal and some business travel. I even try packing a suit in it (badly folded!) and have a go at putting quite a few other bags in to test the 1 bag theory including an S19.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/BS_b6IWLWrc

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next Up. The Small Cafe Bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next Up. The Small Cafe Bag.
    I'm interested in this one. We tried a SCB for a purse for my wife but it was just too small and she switched to a MCB -- can't wait to see some out-of-the-bag thinking on the little guy :)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the geekiness you go into! Especially the old vs the new and I donít even have the old! I do have an iteration before the current one with lockable zippers and will now get a tape measure to see difference between back panels as found that fascinating. Great to look at how the cut of the bag has changed too.

With bags I have fitted into the a45. I got an unpacked s25 halcyon in for a recent trip. I undid the internal zippers. Fitted nicely and meant I had a bag for days out with the family when I got there.

Great bags and love the vids! Well done

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, nice video I enjoyed it, thank you for sharing it. In your video, to me it seems your old black A45 was a tad bit smaller than the newer version. I don't know if that's due to the alterations you mentioned or maybe just a visual trick of the color but the blue bag seems a bit puffier than the older. Do you notice that?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbmp View Post
    Hi, nice video I enjoyed it, thank you for sharing it. In your video, to me it seems your old black A45 was a tad bit smaller than the newer version. I don't know if that's due to the alterations you mentioned or maybe just a visual trick of the color but the blue bag seems a bit puffier than the older. Do you notice that?
    Yes. I thought that too when I was editing the video. Iím pretty sure they are the same size overall. The newer one however just seems to keep its shape better due to the structure of the design and also the fabric is brand new and not broken in.

Also the back panel is larger which makes the overall bag look bigger from the back.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone says this but I still think it bears repeating. Your reviews are fantastic. Thank you for this.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRD View Post
    Everyone says this but I still think it bears repeating. Your reviews are fantastic. Thank you for this.
    Thank you so much. Iím really enjoying making them and your feedback keeps me wanting to do more.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome video on the Aeronaut 45s. I am a very visual person, so it was really helpful for me to see how even the change in seams can make a difference. I never would have thought about it. Reading about the changes the Aeronaut has gone through doesnít make the same impact on me as seeing the two in a comparison video. So thank you for taking the time to do this video; I really appreciate it. I look forward to more. :)
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2