Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What bag would you want to see video reviewed next?

Can't seem to setup a poll so will simply ask for responses.

I really enjoyed creating a detailed video review of the Tri-Star a few weeks ago (link below) and was starting to think about doing another one. I have a few thoughts but wondered what people might be interested in seeing. My goal would be to review how it can be used as much as covering the features of the bag.

I was thinking:

1. Aeronaut 45 (Old and New styles to compare)
    2. Western Flyer (Just awaiting the new Steel/Island to come into stock to review that version. Soooooo Close)
    3. Small Cafe Bag
    4. Ristretto (old and new style)
    5. Pilot and Co-Pilot (although I'm equally awaiting the Steel/Island Pilot to also come into stock)
    6. Synpase 19 & 25 either together or separately (I have both but tempted to get the ballistic Cloud/Island for a review - Probably use my current colours though)

What are people's preferences? What would you like to see an 'in use' review of? My signature has the main bags I have (but there are a few others).

For reference, the style I'll be aiming for will be similar to this one about the Tri-star https://youtu.be/cNkY-mwY7cI

Thanks All.
    Last edited by Perseffect; 04-27-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small Cafe Bag and/or Western Flyer. My two go-to bags for EDC and travel, respectively, these days.
    I'd enjoy seeing how someone else packs them.
    What really wins me over is the way the Small Cafe Bag fits neatly into one half of the front of the Western Flyer, when I want to pare down to exactly one bag. (For example, when going through security, or trying to avoid any problems with gate agents.)
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Small Cafe Bag and/or Western Flyer. My two go-to bags for EDC and travel, respectively, these days.
    I'd enjoy seeing how someone else packs them.
    What really wins me over is the way the Small Cafe Bag fits neatly into one half of the front of the Western Flyer, when I want to pare down to exactly one bag. (For example, when going through security, or trying to avoid any problems with gate agents.)
    Great idea. I have 3 small cafe bags (with an eye on a 4th). Would love to do that with a Western Flyer as soon as the Steel/Island production run is available. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Aeronaut 45 (Old and New styles to compare)

'In use' maybe describing if you travel with it as 1 bag only or what other bags work well together with it. Maybe an 'in use' hip belt review if you use it too.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see a comparison video of the old and new style A45. I have an old (reverse zipper) original Nordic/Solar A45 that I am not willing to check, but lately Iíve been debating about buying a second A45 that I could check if need be, possibly in ballistic. But I would like to see the differences between the two in order to determine whether it would be better to buy a brand new one or possibly secondhand one without the new features.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about A45 vs TriStar and A30 vs WF and SmartAlec...? Or something similar...

I find it very interesting to see the flat pack vs 3D pack decision making people make...

I picked up the Steel/Island Tristar since I'm part of the Appreciation Society :) but I just couldn't get my test pack to work out, so I returned it. I have the A30 and SA which are both (to me) 3D style packing. I felt like, for my packing style, the A30 worked out better than the TriStar, even though the TS is bigger...

I'm still interested in trying out the WF for quick 1-2day work trips with the monster work laptop though...

Alabama
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laundry stuff sacks and the new laundry cubes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    It would be nice to see them all because your reviews are excellent! elisa

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Greetings,
    It would be nice to see them all because your reviews are excellent! elisa
    Wow. Thank you. Thats really kind.

Iíll see what I can do... I guess thereís no rush.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    What about A45 vs TriStar and A30 vs WF and SmartAlec...? Or something similar...

I find it very interesting to see the flat pack vs 3D pack decision making people make...

I picked up the Steel/Island Tristar since I'm part of the Appreciation Society :) but I just couldn't get my test pack to work out, so I returned it. I have the A30 and SA which are both (to me) 3D style packing. I felt like, for my packing style, the A30 worked out better than the TriStar, even though the TS is bigger...

I'm still interested in trying out the WF for quick 1-2day work trips with the monster work laptop though...
    Sorry the Tristar didnít work out. And shame the A30 isnít yet in production for Steel/Island.

Iíve owned 4 different WFs in the past and canít wait for the Steel/Island to be available. Thatís definitely getting a review as Iíve used it in so many different settings (personal, work briefcase, overnighter, airline personal item).

Good idea to compare cross Ďtypeí bags and show pros and cons of the two styles. I think Iíll add that to the good idea list.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I would like to see a comparison video of the old and new style A45. I have an old (reverse zipper) original Nordic/Solar A45 that I am not willing to check, but lately Iíve been debating about buying a second A45 that I could check if need be, possibly in ballistic. But I would like to see the differences between the two in order to determine whether it would be better to buy a brand new one or possibly secondhand one without the new features.
    Great idea. I just bought the newer A45 recently as 2 A45s would help with our family travel.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the new features just consisted of inside handles and locking zippers and a thicker, removable back pad. The zippers have been right side up for quite a while now, haven't they?

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I thought the new features just consisted of inside handles and locking zippers and a thicker, removable back pad. The zippers have been right side up for quite a while now, haven't they?
    Thatís right. Thereís a few changes like the open/closed end pocket, popper to zip changes inside (and the ones you mention). Iím yet to critically look it over but I know compared to the A30, the older one had its backpack straps at the other end and the Ďcutí of the bag was marginally different.

Iím focusing more on the in-use things Iíve learned. Was hoping to show for example how an older one Ďbreaks iní v the stiffer newer fabric. My old A45 is super soft and flexible compared to the new. I know fabric flexibility often comes up in the forums as a question.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Iíve decided that the A45 is going to be the next video.

Iíve been comparing the old and new ones I have and thereís a few subtle changes that I think have more impact in use than I would have expected. So I want to show those.

And of course, cover then all the layouts and setups Iíve used with the bag showing itís cool features (from my point of view of course).

Iíve scripted the topics, just need a quiet day to film it. Coming Soon....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    So, Iíve decided that the A45 is going to be the next video.

Iíve been comparing the old and new ones I have and thereís a few subtle changes that I think have more impact in use than I would have expected. So I want to show those.

And of course, cover then all the layouts and setups Iíve used with the bag showing itís cool features (from my point of view of course).

Iíve scripted the topics, just need a quiet day to film it. Coming Soon....

Very cool, looking forward to it, especially since I have the old version. Are you going to wait for the Steel A45? :)
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast