Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's in your Travel Cubelet?

-m

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Driving with the Travel Cubelet...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    -m

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope no one minds me posting this, but as TB don't offer a Freudian Slip for the Travel Cubelet (yet? :D), I present ..... The Maxpedition Entity low profile admin pouch, which fits pretty perfectly.

Mine contains my Hobonichi supplies. I'm currently carrying the A6 Avec, but I could just about squeeze in my Techo.

One thing to bear in mind, it's designed to attach to hook and loop fields in other bags. The hooks can be a bit grabby on the inner binding and threads inside the TC.

Excuse the lighting, I'm currently hanging out in a rather dingy amusement arcade cafe :/

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Twin Cities Burbclave
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wallet, pen, lip balm, and its own strap. It's being used as an internal organizer for my MB. When I need to go minimal, I pull it out, attach my keys to one of the o-rings, install the shoulder strap, drop in my phone, and I'm ready.

I backed a kickstarter awhile for a super-skinny wallet made of Tyvek, and it'll slip inside much more easily than my old clunky wallet does - which doesn't slip in easily, though it does fit. And if after it arrives, I don't like it, I'll add a TB wallet and mini Q-kit instead.
    Last edited by CathyWeeks; 06-18-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I'm hopeless. After buying and selling several travel cubelets because I didn't like the dark interior or the outside color, I succumbed to buying a Dawn TC with the newer violet interior before Dawn disappears. I hope I like it when it comes. I really want something in Dawn.

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Oh, I'm hopeless. After buying and selling several travel cubelets because I didn't like the dark interior or the outside color, I succumbed to buying a Dawn TC with the newer violet interior before Dawn disappears. I hope I like it when it comes. I really want something in Dawn.
    I just placed my 3rd order in about a month and included a Dawn TC as well! I think it’ll be perfect for holding the few essentials needed throughout the day.

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is my purse. It holds Organizer Wallet, mini organizer pouch (pillbox, AirPods, small spool of duct tape, nail file, spare earrings, and iPhone charging cable), lip balm, lipsticks, compact mirror, stylus/pen, hand sanitizer, small organizer pouch (with backup charger, gift cards, tissues, etc.), and cellphone. In the outside pocket is a key strap with my keys. This makes me want to snap a picture of it all.
    Attached Images Attached Images What's in your Travel Cubelet?-img_3211-jpg 
    Last edited by Talkshop90; 06-24-2018 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Adding photo
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a clearer photo.

What's in your Travel Cubelet?-img_3211-1-jpg
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    I hope no one minds me posting this, but as TB don't offer a Freudian Slip for the Travel Cubelet (yet? :D), I present ..... The Maxpedition Entity low profile admin pouch, which fits pretty perfectly.
    Oh this is PERFECT! With the pouch and the notebook, do you think there's enough room leftover for an iPhone? I have a 6S.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
    Oh this is PERFECT! With the pouch and the notebook, do you think there's enough room leftover for an iPhone? I have a 6S.
    With the pouch on the 'blank' side of the Cubelet, I could still use the pockets to carry my phone and another pen. I could also carry a thin battery pack.

I've attached a couple of photos: the phone is a Galaxy S8 but my Galaxy Note 8 fits too (I was just using it to take the photo What's in your Travel Cubelet?). The battery pack is a Samsung one.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, OK. I admit. I really, really, REALLY like the Travel Cubelet. It works great by itself and with other bags. And for some reason, the vertical orientation holds my things better than the Side Effect. Though I have not retired my Side Effect, the Travel Cubelet has taken a more active role as an everyday carry. Please note - TMI to follow. :)

What's in your Travel Cubelet?-my-tc-contents-jpg

In the front pocket, I keep a lens cloth in a sleeve that also holds some Post-Its and an eye glass repair tool. I think I have a receipt in there too. I also keep a pack of gum

In the main compartment I carry (clockwise from top left):
    Mini Q-kit with coins
    Pen and pencil (they both fit in the pen slot. I carry a pencil now because I'm just learning to play Sudoku)
    Altoids tin that holds an eraser (because I'm just learning to play Sudoku :) )
    A key ring with a whistle, utli-key multitool, a real key, bottle opener and Jot rechargeable LED light on an 8-inch snaphook key strap
    Clear Organizer Wallet on 8-inch island o-ring key strap
    Phone cable
    Sea to Summit small stuff sack with iPod shuffle, its charging cable, earbuds, USB wall charger, USB battery charger, USB car charger and audio input cable (this is my in-flight and travel entertainment bag)
    my phone (my old iPhone 4S is standing in for my new iPhone SE)
    Pocket Pouch (this is one part of a two-part gift: my clever husband got Tom Bihn to send this to me so he could say - that's not the gift. the real gift is a gift certificate, which I'm waiting to spend until the debut)

See, too much information :)
    Last edited by sujo; 07-14-2018 at 08:33 AM.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Talkshop90- is that organizer pouch Aether fabric?
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sea to Summit small stuff sack with iPod shuffle, its charging cable, earbuds, USB wall charger, USB battery charger, USB car charger and audio input cable (this is my in-flight and travel entertainment bag)
    I am impressed! Minimalism perfected.

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    @Talkshop90- is that organizer pouch Aether fabric?
    I think. Its similar if not. Wish TB had a little guy like that. Id get one in every color!

Orange County, CA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sujo View Post
    I think. Its similar if not. Wish TB had a little guy like that. Id get one in every color!
    +1, that is my favorite size OP.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    Not all those who wander are lost. - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast