1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!

Hi everyone.

Here is my new zipped small shop bag in island, I received an email from TomBihn saying that my order had been selected to receive one of the new bags earlier. I have included photos showing the bag inside out, with a DLBP inside it, a Synapse 19 as well, (I read some posts from other members questioning how this would work) plus how it sizes up to a pop tote and a SK and a "family shot" with my new aubergine WF which I couldn't resist since I read the WF now has internal compression/tie down straps like in the A30 or A45

I hope my photos do the bag(s) justice....enjoy!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpg  Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpg  Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpg  Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpg  Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpg  Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpg 
    Last edited by Kendle98; 08-09-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that an UV-outside Synapse?!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, at one point the synapse was offered in Uv, Steel and Iberian. It was a awhile ago now but my bag is still going strong though it's pampered a bit more now and sees less use since I prefer the cleaner lines of the DLBP. It was one of my first TB purchases. Also I noticed that my picture doesn't show the handles above the Synapse, hand carrying works well but it might be a bit tight trying to carry the synapse in the shop bag from one's shoulder.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WF has compression straps now? I hadn’t heard this!

Love the pics!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    The WF has compression straps now? I hadn’t heard this!

Love the pics!
    I think this may be about the discussion over on the Steel/Island Appreciation thread about the WF having internal tie-downs/straps in the main compartment for securing clothes... not external compression straps like on the Brain Bag... yes/no @Kendle98?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting these pics, they are gorgeous! I ordered a small Island shop bag as well, and it was really helpful to see this bag inside out

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, sorry re: compression/tie down straps. Iím talking about internal compression or tie down straps that one finds in the A30 or A45. Sorry for any confusion about external compression straps found on the Brain Bag. The WF now has the internal compression straps not the external compression straps. I have edited my original message to hopefully avoid any confusion with the term compression straps.
    Last edited by Kendle98; 08-09-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few more photos showing how the Synapse fits in the shop bag while hanging. Also @anna2222 you cant use the zipper when the bag is inside out. I folded down the zipper but you don't have to, I have two photos showing the bag inside out hanging to show how I folded down the zipper and another photo of inside the bag when it's inside out. Also finally a shout out to the Steel/Island appreciation Society, I have included a photo of my Cloud DLBP inside my bag....not quite Steel but a lovely combination.
    Attached Images Attached Images Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpeg  Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpeg  Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpeg  Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpg  Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-image-jpg 
    Last edited by Kendle98; 08-10-2018 at 04:44 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for all the photos!
    Can't wait to see what you do with it on it's first journey out of the house

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My northwest sky zip shop bags have arrived.
    Here are pix showing that a regular iPad fits easily in either size.

iPad with small zip shop bag
    Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-ec22f249-26b9-4cf9-ae43-20ca426daaea-jpeg

iPad with large zip shop bag
    Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-a3e1f02c-7a13-45a0-b7bc-bd7e623f610f-jpeg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Showing DLBP in large zip shop bag. You could close the zipper if the DLBP was not full so you could turn down the top of the DLBP
    But the straps are long enough that you could do this.

I also put 2 beach towels and a sweater in the large zip top ( not pictured) and had room to spare.

Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-01f19a45-9e1f-4936-ac7b-e8adf56f0496-jpg

Island small zipped shop bag has arrived!!-43e3621d-a117-4154-80d4-54f8208c9b09-jpg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok BihnPeeps, surely (stop calling me Shirley) some of you must have taken your new friends out of the house and on adventures to work, school, shopping, the beach, a party, etc!!!
    Upside down on the jungle gym at the playground, showing the efficacy of the zip feature....? Anyone, anyone...?

We've been pining for pics! Detailed reviews! Time motion studies! Nah, really, just more pics!
    Steel/Island A45,WF,Pilot; Steel/Solar CP; Blk/Solar TS; Blk/Canyon S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm absolutely loving mine. I got both a large and small version, figuring the small would be my ECD and large one, my gym bag. But surprise surprise -- the small is roomy enough to use as my gym bag! So happy. I can't wait to use them both for my trip next month to Tokyo!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, G42, I was wondering and "pining" for the same thing! I miss how the mods would get them early and post their pics, SO MANY wonderful pics, before we could even order, it really helped me to decide what I wanted.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That UV Synapse :D

Thank you for the photos!