Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Snake Charmer

Small Snake Charmer-snake-charmer-0verview-jpg
    The Orange 152 Snake Charmer (Small). Empty. I love the bright, fluorescent-like Orange.
    Can TomBihn bring such color back? A limited run of Small Café Bag, maybe? :P

Yup, you are correct if you have see a similar Snake Charmer aka SC in another Thread titled, Another About Daylight Briefcase, after 1 Year of Using as Work EDC which I just post a 2018 Update (Post #17 of Page 2) yesterday. A brief update, which I just make a recent discovery and very eager to share in this forum. I'd decided to write more about the SC in this new Thread as it could be solely about SC, not Daylight Briefcase. I don't feel like tucking it under. Plus, for easier reference, search and reading too.

If you have read my earlier 2018 Post in the mentioned thread above, you are warned that I will continue to praise SC in this thread and it may or may not be that further interesting. But I will post new photos which I think capture very well - the cute, versatile, rugged Small Charmer (Small). I love it!

It is not compulsory to read my earlier 2018 post though. No pressure, but it may give some insight how I carried my SC in my Work EDC - Daylight Briefcase and maybe it could give you some idea too. Maybe.

Small Snake Charmer-snake-charmer-side-empty-jpg
    Empty SC sit obediently, fully open - wide, awaiting your next instruction and ready to go at anytime, to anywhere. [/CENTER]

I prefer Bag that able to sit on its own, or at least doesn't easily collapse on its own. Snake Charmer, not a bag but more an accessories or a case, able to sit on its own - empty. It is a great pleasure to have its both pockets, unzipped and wide open and allow content to be take out and insert in - with absolute ease. The built-in handle really make moving from a table to next table within the same premise much easier. I just throw in my Laptop's power adapter (tangle/untangle state), phone, notepad, pens and others - unsorted (not require neat placement), to move from my office table to my colleague's Retail Table in the same building. Its mesh and expandable design really benefits a lot for such routine.

Small Snake Charmer-snake-charmer-filled-jpg
    Filled Snake Charmer

I really like the Small Snake Charmer. I know, I know. I'd been repeating myself.
    However, there is one thing that I hope to see. Built-in interior pockets.
    Sometimes, I like to tuck-in few folded paper, receipts or some small stuff to prevent them from freely at their own will. Yeah, it is true - one could use pouch to securely hold them in. But if there is pocket, I have less thing to carry - it will always be there. But I do understand that there is such option and I also understand that built-in pockets may increase cost for Tom Bihn as well as the Selling Price.

Some additional photos.
    Small Snake Charmer-snake-charmer-exterior-view-jpg

Small Snake Charmer-snake-charmer-01-jpg

Again, I really like it a lot. Even with Side Effect, I still carry SC on the side - ready for anything when the time comes. They both work very well, as companion.
    My small Snake Charmer sit upright, neatly on my table - empty or filled. It is rugged enough to be use almost anywhere. And the expandability design really allow one to throw in, and without require elegant placement to ensure sufficient space for stuffs. It also can be as flexibly slim as you want, squeezing into tight available space in one's bag. I think, Snake Charmer is one of those thing that one would somehow grow to love it and may not love it at first sight. Not that my son love to use it, but he could carry this Snake Charmer with ease with the Top Handle.

Small Snake Charmer-snake-charmer-toddler-jpg
    The photo was taken few days ago, before I started to use Side Effect and when my Snake Charmer was solely the pouch I used everyday from home to work. We were on our everyday morning routine, getting ready to work (myself) and him (his Nanny). I passed him my SC to help me bring to the front door of the house, before I carry him to the car. He willingly to do so (not the first time either) and somehow, I felt the moment to capture the moment. It was a great morning!

Weekend is coming. Enjoy everyone!
    This should be my last lengthy post for many time to come. Not sure what happen, it's been a crazy week - posting two update straight. Ha...
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continuing the journey with Snake Charmer...

I recently receive a long-awaited zipped Travel Wallet from BOND Travel Gear, primarily to use with my Fieldnotes and Nomad Notebook for my work and personal life. Hence, I thought to share some photos - of how it is being carry. I usually store it inside my Snake Charmer shall I need to carry together with my Daylight Briefcase, and I am super glad that both work wonderfully together. It is not a tight insert. There are still plenty of space in between.

I am not promoting other brand here. I just thought that this could be super helpful for those, who already own both or about to own both or either one - may give a try to use their Snake Charmer. Sorry Moderator, if I did indeed breach the rules, do feel free to take down the posts. Sorry for the trouble in advanced

Small Snake Charmer-01-snake-charmer-bond-travel-wallet-side-side-jpg

Small Snake Charmer-02-snake-charmer-bond-travel-wallet-inside-fit-jpgSmall Snake Charmer-03-zip-closed-look-jpg

Another weekend again. Enjoy.
    Also, Year End is coming soon! Time, sure fly fast.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my snake charmer back when only one size was available, and it's always been a tad to big for what I need. I think the small is probably perfectly sized.

Forum Member
    Pollock Pines, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adorable snake charming boy there :)

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to come back and say that your threads convinced me to pick up a small snake charmer in grass last week. I was on the stationary bike reading this on tapatalk and was like, why not? If anything, the Snake Charmer seems quite affordably priced relative to other TB accessories--but perhaps it is easier to manufacture or other bags are more difficult to manufacture than meets the eye.

I got my snake charmer in the mail today. It's actually smaller than I thought...but actually just the right size for actual use. I'm still not sure exactly what I'll use it for, but it's good to have TB options!

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pictures! I also ordered a Small Snake Charmer, in Dawn (it is still on its way). Somehow this little bag was always overlooked by me, but I think this is going to be the perfect travel companion and also useful in everyday life. I plan to use it as it was intended, for cables/everything to do with electronics. Last trip I used a Cubelet for my cables, but I didn’t manage to fit everything into it because the charger for my camera is huge (and can’t be replaced with something smaller). I think everything should fit into the Snake Charmer just fine.