Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation My Nebulous-Heavy Pre-Order Came!

So, first things first. Kat, Darcy, Matt, Matthew, Cody, Tim, and Mike (along with everyone else on the Tom Bihn Crew) are awesome. Kat is double-awesome because of the robots. They answered a ton of questions as I was trying to map out upgrades to my everyday-carry and travel bags - which I obsessively over-organize and constantly abuse. To that point, phenomenal customer service combined with bags that can work great for decades while being obsessively over-organized and constantly abused, explain why I've been a Tom Bihn loyalist for decades. Thank you guys for your patience, expertise, and help. Also, please thank the hard workers on the other side of the cutters and sewing machines. The bags are gorgeous, and I'm so grateful to them for how their hard work makes my life much easier.

On to the bags.

NEBULOUS IS GORGEOUS! It exceeds my expectations. WOW!

The Guide Edition is the platonic ideal of the Synapse 25. The external attachment points add a ton of functionality, and the aesthetics are gorgeous. If I ran the zoo, this would be the version of the S25.

While the S25 GE is perfect for everyday carry for most folks, don't be afraid of the Brain Bag if you're 6'1" like me. It's a good-sized backpack, but it does not look or carry like a duffel (or an Aeronaut for that matter). You could absolutely use this as your backpack for school, and if you carry a lot of books, it's a better choice for that purpose. The double-main compartment is also really nice. The S25 is a great purse, regardless of your sex or gender identity. The Brain Bag is a great bookbag.

The new Freudian Slips in Cloud also look treat, and make finding stuff much easier. I really think this should be the default for those. My only complaint is that it can't be hooked to the attachment points for a Cache. *sob*

Also, NEBULOUS IS GORGEOUS!

Here are some photos. Robots are cool. (I took the opportunity to get some additional organizational components for my wife's bags and for friends bags as well :D)

Photo Album Here

(I tried embedding the photos, but the forum software got grumpy about it)

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol the last picture!
    I won't spoil it for the people who peruse the album.

The Brain Bag looks sharp too!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 shades of grey much?

Beautiful neutrals. I much prefer greys to black, when it comes to bags and clothing.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nebulous really is nebulous to look at! In some pictures it looks like a darker version of dawn. In others, there's an almost taupe undertone. I'm planning to grab a Nebulous Travel Cubelet with my next order, and I can't wait to see it live.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Nebulous Truck, and it shows to me as a saturated neutral dark grey. I don't see any blue or taupe.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those photos make me question my deep blue GES25 choice but I think I'll be very satisfied. Nice haul

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nebulous + coyote = :hearteyes:

Coyote is a fantastic supporting color.
    Last edited by twosandalz; 11-01-2018 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Looking for emojis

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! That's a great haul. Enjoy your new purchases. And thank you for sharing pictures. Nebulous looks excellent.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muni_Jedi View Post
    Those photos make me question my deep blue GES25 choice but I think I'll be very satisfied. Nice haul
    To my eyes, Nebulous is dark grey. I prefer deep blue (and steel).

My Nebulous-Heavy Pre-Order Came!-tbbags-jpg
    Last edited by gadgets; 11-02-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for these pictures! I love gray, but Could's a little too light, and Steel's a little too blue/green. I spent months considering the S19, and as soon as it was available in Nebulous I pounced! Your picture of the three bags in Nebulous right next to each other actually made me drool a little... Mine doesn't arrive until next week with my Shop Tote pre-order. :-(

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgets View Post
    To my eyes, Nebulous is dark grey. I prefer deep blue (and steel).

My Nebulous-Heavy Pre-Order Came!-tbbags-jpg
    I generally agree. Also, the deep blue/coyote combo is so classic I couldn't convince myself to go with anything else.

Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of my previous bags are Steel. I think I actually like Nebulous even more.

Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    50 shades of grey much?

Beautiful neutrals. I much prefer greys to black, when it comes to bags and clothing.
    Me too...obviously :D

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey CJoshuaV, nice pictures! I'm awaiting my nebulous grey guide's edition. Any chance you could shoot some more pictures of the Synapse? It would help me through the wait haha! I'm very curious to see how the grey looks outside, and the Coyote from the back and sides.

Forum Member
    Bangalore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second that Joshua. I got the GE25 in the Nebulous Coyote combination. I canít stop admiring it. I also like the structure of the bag.