Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is 210 ballistic vs 400 Halcyon?
    Which is the thicker material?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Grass #4 finally arrived today, and it’s so cute! I may end up putting it in my pocket more than in a bag, so a Dawn #3 may be in my future (I wanted a bright color for in bag use, but would rather not have it stand out so much when taking it out of and putting it back in my pocket).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Everyone's lovely pictures are making me want this wallet in about four colors! (Maybe five.) But my minimalist-enough-for-me wallet is working well for my needs, so I don't think I have an actual use for one of these. Just color-lust and well-designed-bag-lust.
    I agree, these wallets come in so many great colors that it was difficult to pick just one. I went with grass because I think it's a bright, happy color and easy to find in any bag. Although I am temped to get one in halcyon or maybe Viridian. Tough color choices.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using it for three days now and it's already perfectly incorporated into my routine. I have a nice formal wallet in it with all the cards that I use like three times a year but know if I left at home I would fail to have the one time I needed them. This wallet has migrated to the bottom of my big work bag time and again and is always a pain to fish out when shopping, etc. So for some time I've been using a double organizer pouch to hold the few cards I use all the time in a more accessible bag pocket, with a handle loop if I want to go out during the day and not lug my whole bag. The minimalist wallet is even better for this--my work bag has a slip pocket (it's got a LOT of pockets) for giant phones that my SE practically swims in, and I can stick it in there, so very easy access when going on the subway. (Maybe even too easy if one is not mindful of pickpockets!) And it's also very easy to slip into a coat pocket when going out during the day without the bag. The only important thing it can't do that the double organizer pouch can is carry my SE. But this is coat-pocket season anyway. I guess we'll see what happens in warmer weather.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my Dawn #4 wallet but still getting used to folding money into thirds instead of in half, haha,
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my new minimalist wallet so much. I wasn't sure I'd like it more than my COW, but I really do! The COW still travels with me, but now holds coupons instead (and is quite well-suited for the purpose).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nik's New Minimalist Wallets

For those who are using as a regular in pocket wallet. Do you find your pocket is “dirtying up” the fabric? Are you starting to notice a “patina”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    For those who are using as a regular in pocket wallet. Do you find your pocket is “dirtying up” the fabric? Are you starting to notice a “patina”?
    No, not yet. I've had it for 10 days now (received it the day after they launched), and I carry it constantly during the day, either in my back or front pants pocket. It's Coyote Ballistic -- I don't know if that makes it more or less likely to show dirt than other options. At this point it wouldn't quite pass for new, because the creases and corners and just starting to evidence use (though not in a bad way), but I couldn't find any dirt on it, even when I examined it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've had my Dawn #3 for a day or so less than @plip... no dirt or staining yet. The creases at the fold are starting to set.
    I noticed that I had a card with raised numbers facing the back/outside of the wallet and it was starting to make a bit of an impression that you could see from the outside, so I reversed the card. I doubt it would ever make a clear enough impression to be able to read the numbers (the material is too thick relative to the numbers).
    My previous nylon minimalist wallet from REI picked up stains/patina from my jeans and it was probably from when they were new and the dye was still slowly bleeding out.
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF&CP; Blk/Canyon S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for it to come back in stock! Thanks for the pics and review!
    Medium Cafe Bag, Daylight Briefcase, Side Effect, Little Swift, Pop Tote, Travel Cubelet, Cubelet, Side Kick, Snake Charmer, Travel Tray...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's back...................... In stock

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muni_Jedi View Post
    It's back...................... In stock
    And just like that Dawn #4 is gone again!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I ordered two more wallets to give as presents as soon as they were listed back in stock. They really are the perfect Christmas gifts. :)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our production crew is working on two batches of the wallets; the first batch was restocked today and the second batch is in-process. We expect the second batch to be in-stock by (we hope) December 14th. So, that means Wallet #4 in Dawn and Black Halcyon will be in-stock again pretty soon. One cool thing about that second batch: those wallets will have new art notecards inside :)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    those wallets will have new art notecards inside :)
    Cool! Please share a pic when you can
    :)
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF&CP; Blk/Canyon S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast