Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm super stoked that I was able to get a Coyote #4 this go around. Its going to be real stealthy inside my GES25...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    My new wallets arrived today!

Dawn #1 and Dawn #3. I currently use a trifold nylon REI wallet that's getting a bit beat up and I have it in my front jeans pocket. I don't need the attachment loop, so no need for #4. Weird travel, random cards I keep in a Pocket Pouch tethered in my pack (if I'm using one)...I also use one for business cards.

I would prefer #1 (no window pocket) but if I want to keep carrying all the cards I currently carry, then they fit easier in #3. Besides the outside pocket on #3, my perception is that the plastic window is just a touch looser/has more space, than the other nylon pocket, probably because of the seam required.
    Usually I walk around with no EDC bag physically on/with me... I carry my wallet, cash, badge, keys, and phone all attached to me (hey, I never said I was stylish - being an engineer is a good excuse - ahem).

Current carry is 4 cards w/raised numbers; 6 cards w/out raised numbers; 1 license; 2 paper cards; 1 quarter folded emergency $20 bill. Other cash I simply carry folded in half, in a back pocket. I pretty much wear jeans every day, even to work, so I actually have pockets!
    The cards all fit in #3 but I'd probably need to loose a card to fit in #1.

Current wallet next to #1 and #3:

Attachment 21456

#1 on edge - all cards, a bit too tight

Attachment 21457

#3 on edge - all cards, works best

Attachment 21458

On the first photo, you can see some discoloration on my REI wallet from jean dye... I expect as @Darcy mentioned, that may happen with the Dawn colour, but it doesn't bother me. I almost went for basic black, but Dawn is just too nice.

EDIT: couple more thoughts...I don't find the elastic to be annoying so far and the exterior pocket seems secure, possibly because I have the wallet packed pretty tight... and I hadn't noticed the NWSky aether 'pattern' on my new laundry cube, but it's very noticeable to me (in a good way) on the wallets
    Wow the Dawn looks alot darker than I thought. Does it really look like that?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by windy city red View Post
    Wow the Dawn looks alot darker than I thought. Does it really look like that?
    That's a tough question due to lighting, your computer screen, how you see colour, etc... I think of Dawn as periwinkle with a touch more grey/deeper.

Your best bet is to ask Customer Service for a swatch of the fabric - they'll send it to you...

HTH
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF&CP; Blk/Canyon S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning cappuccino with Nik's Minimalist Wallet! :)
    -m

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4 in coyote ordered. I want to blame all of you, but I can’t. Really looking forward to getting it. :D

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as an aside: I loved the cards that came with the wallet with (staff?) drawings so much that I put them on business card magnets for my fridge :)
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    as an aside: I loved the cards that came with the wallet with (staff?) drawings so much that I put them on business card magnets for my fridge :)
    Yay! It's cool you're making use of the cards. Our goal with the "packaging" of the wallets was to basically not have any packaging that couldn't be re-used. Admittedly, the card that identifies which wallet it is isn't the coolest, but maybe it can be used for a grocery list or the like....

Reuse ideas:

Keep in the wallet to have a mini notecard on which you can jot down ideas or write a note to leave for someone else.

Punch holes in the cards and use them as gift tags.

Use as a bookmark. Sometimes I'm inspired to take notes when I'm reading to remind myself to look up certain details in the book that catch my attention. Having a bookmark that I can write on makes it more likely I'll actually take the note / look up the detail later.

Pin on a bulletin board.

Adding to the list: put them on business card magnets for fridge art!

Credit to the artists of the first round of art cards:
    Kitties and Robots - Kat (TOM BIHN Customer Service)
    Landscape - Eachen Chen
    Bag Sketches - Dan Bransfield
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6