Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve never used a wallet with an external pocket. Do you find your plastic cards wear well in a pocket like that? Or do they get progressively torn up?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    I’ve never used a wallet with an external pocket. Do you find your plastic cards wear well in a pocket like that? Or do they get progressively torn up?
    I only keep sturdy plastic cards in the external pocket and it seems to be just fine. The pocket comes up high enough on the card that it's well secured.
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a LCB or MCB in original Nordic. Okay fine, anything in original NORDIC.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Agree with @jessmakes, hasn't been an issue so far and I have used mine every day from the moment I received it at launch. I usually carry mine in my front jeans pocket and it gets squished, dropped, tossed, etc. - doesn't bother it or my cards at all.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for the insights. I reorg’d my cards and am now liking my #4 wallet. My impetus was getting an S19 (for smaller carry days). I really like keeping my wallet in the front-most pocket on a 16” tether. The smaller wallet works best since the strap and my additional car fob also take up space.

I was using my #4 to hold my work badge and Smartcard before the switch. I placed an order today for #4 in grass for those items.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see a "2-card wide" style wallet from Tom Bihn. While they compromise a tiny bit in taking up a larger area (think: passport size), the one I found is waaaay thinner than any other wallet I've ever used — and I simply can't go back! You can imagine how thin they could be yourself, by taking all your cards and laying them in 2 piles versus one — as most wallets ultimately end up doing.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toupee View Post
    ….. the one I found is waaaay thinner than any other wallet I've ever used —.
    The brand you may have seen is Slimfold wallets. I have a Slimfold Micro wallet for 4-5 years now and really like the made in USA wallet. I don't carry many cards and only card I use frequently so the micro slimfold works great for me. The best feature for me vs TB is I have the ability to carry currency without folding it. And it fits the definition of minimal being 1/6th the weight of Nik's "Minimalist" Wallet.

I think I read in one of the threads about the Nik's Minimalist Wallet threads that TB don't want any exposed stitching and thus they rely on the origami construction method adding lots of weight. So comparing to the Slimfold wallet, the "minimalist" wallet is 6 times heavier.

I wish if they TB isn't willing to change to the lighter design, they could use the Aether material as a fabric choice to be truly minimal. I would try one if that happens as I want a thin wallet.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    The brand you may have seen is Slimfold wallets. I have a Slimfold Micro wallet for 4-5 years now and really like the made in USA wallet. I don't carry many cards and only card I use frequently so the micro slimfold works great for me. The best feature for me vs TB is I have the ability to carry currency without folding it. And it fits the definition of minimal being 1/6th the weight of Nik's "Minimalist" Wallet.

I think I read in one of the threads about the Nik's Minimalist Wallet threads that TB don't want any exposed stitching and thus they rely on the origami construction method adding lots of weight. So comparing to the Slimfold wallet, the "minimalist" wallet is 6 times heavier.

I wish if they TB isn't willing to change to the lighter design, they could use the Aether material as a fabric choice to be truly minimal. I would try one if that happens as I want a thin wallet.
    Yes, but shh, I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to mention specific non-TB products here the first time I posted about it. :)

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toupee View Post
    Yes, but shh, I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to mention specific non-TB products here the first time I posted about it. :)
    You absolutely are allowed to mention non-TB products as long as it's in the right context.

The most frequent type of rules-violating post that I have seen is a variation of: I wish TB would make a product just like this [specific named item].

An example of an OK alternative is:
    I wish TB would make a convertible backpack tote with a tablet pocket and a pass-through for rolling luggage (essentially the features you like on another item).

There is a bit of nuance to it but essentially, TB doesn't copy other designs, they come up with their own.

More info here at the forum rules:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum-rul...uidelines.html

I hope this helps!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    You absolutely are allowed to mention non-TB products as long as it's in the right context.

The most frequent type of rules-violating post that I have seen is a variation of: I wish TB would make a product just like this [specific named item].

An example of an OK alternative is:
    I wish TB would make a convertible backpack tote with a tablet pocket and a pass-through for rolling luggage (essentially the features you like on another item).

There is a bit of nuance to it but essentially, TB doesn't copy other designs, they come up with their own.

More info here at the forum rules:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum-rul...uidelines.html

I hope this helps!
    Thanks, that does help!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8