Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Western Flyer - Some Years Later

Western Flyer - Some Years Later-65db3174-d534-4cd5-ba8a-dd9385b535df-jpeg

I realised recently that I've had my Western Flyer for over six years now, so thought a quick update was in order: https://www.davidhughes.org/tom-bihn...e-years-later/

My original review is still one of they most read articles on my site: https://www.davidhughes.org/the-tom-...lyer-a-review/

Enjoy...

David

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your original blog post was one I read recently that convinced me I need a Western Flyer too! Glad it has stood the test of time (your post AND your bag). I like your idea of replacing the large zippers with paracord, but I will have to work up my nerve for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Amy,

So glad my review helped you make your decision to buy a WF - it's such a brilliant bag.

Sometimes I think I should have just run the cord through the pulls and see if that quietened it down, maybe try that as a first pass?

Enjoy your Western Flyer.

David

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I noticed that your first review was a steel/Iberian combo. Your new review looks like navy. Did you buy another Western Flyer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your review was one I read a few years ago when first considering a Western Flyer. It helped made my original decision to get one.

Mine is in Steel/Island which is just amazing (although I do miss my original Navy/UV one).

Glad to hear itís still going well after 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Amy - nope still the same bag, Steel/Iberian which I still love. My hotel room had some rather 'unusual' lighting and my iPhone struggled so I went with for artistic reasons :)

@Perseffect - really glad my original review helped you as well. My Synapse 25 has Island lining and I love it.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I read your review when considering the WF too! Hello again!

UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TRD Sorry for the slow reply - really glad my review helped, it's great to help good people find great bags.