Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A30 with two laptops

I've been meaning to post something like this for a while. Whilst the Aeronaut 30 doesn't have a dedicated laptop sleeve, I've never personally found that to be a problem. Sometimes I tuck a laptop (in a padded sleeve) in the back where the backpack straps go, but usually I just put it into the main compartment.
    I put the A30 in the overhead and usually have a small shop bag (usually the zipped version now) for under the seat in front of me. I don't use my laptop on the plane, I generally read.

This is from a recent combined work/vacation trip of 4 nights/3.5 days... I unzip the internal divider for the right side/lower (in backpack mode) side pocket to give a little more room for the large work laptop.
    For longer work trips and/or where I need to bring heavy duty safety boots, I'll upsize to the A45.

My lovely Navy/NWSky A30... on top is my personal MacBook Air 13" in a neoprene sleeve

A30 with two laptops-img_20190210_141456-1-jpg

Left pocket:
    Fjord Small Snake Charmer with random (non-311) toiletries: razor in case, rechargeable toothbrush & charger, comb, etc. (it's not full) and an Eagle Creek small cube with my work laptop powerbrick and phone car charger. There's also a nylon yoga strap in there...

Center/Main compartment:
    NWSky sm laundry cube with 3 shirts & PJs; Island 3DOC clear as 311 bag; Island sm laundry cube with bra/undies/socks; to the right is a Kiwi Kit that holds a headlamp, Mac charger, mini Q-kit with bluetooth & charger, mini Q-kit with iPod shuffle & headphones, wireless mouse
    (This disco'd Kit is new to me and is great for holding this weird shaped stuff)
    Folded pair of lightweight synthetic pants (usually these are flat in the bottom layer, but this is my return packout, so I wasn't as fussy)

Right pocket:
    Pair of workout sneakers in an Eagle Creek shoe bag

A30 with two laptops-img_20190210_141557-1-jpg

The big work laptop in neoprene sleeve - ETA, it's an HP Elitebook 15"

A30 with two laptops-img_20190210_141625-1-jpg

Folded workout pants & shirt

A30 with two laptops-img_20190210_141644-1-jpg

I carry the A30 backpack mode and the ziptop shop bag by the comfy neoprene handles.

Hope this helps visualize how to carry multiple laptops in an A30.
    Last edited by G42; 02-12-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing that! What kind of laptop do you use for work? It might help people to guess whether their own larger laptop will fit in the A30.

(And I love the pattern on the neoprene sleeve for your work laptop, the colors are so pretty!)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Thanks for sharing that! What kind of laptop do you use for work? It might help people to guess whether their own larger laptop will fit in the A30.

(And I love the pattern on the neoprene sleeve for your work laptop, the colors are so pretty!)
    Good point, it's an HP Elitebook 15", I added it to my description. :)
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...