Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Sunny Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Darcy, thanks for the pic! L15 turns out a bit taller than I expected, so the photos are really helpful.

Would you mind posting photos of the same TB crew wearing the bags, but with their backs facing the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We took photos of some of the crew wearing both sizes of Luminary, and we'll share them in an upcoming blog post. Here's some that may help answer your question in the meantime:

Deep Blue = Luminary 15
    Burnt Orange = Luminary 12

Lulu is 5'2"

Attachment 22087
    Attachment 22088

Aravelia is 4'11"

Attachment 22089
    Attachment 22090

Forum Member
    Sunny Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    I am glad you're asking this @everythingslower, as this question was giving me a headache when I worked out the description! Yes, I am referring to the right pocket when the bag lies on its back on the table i.e. the right pocket when you have it on your back.
    So your large phone (5.8Ē x 3Ē / 147 x 74 mm) doesnít fit L12ís left pocket even if itís slotted in diagonally?

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingslower View Post
    So your large phone (5.8Ē x 3Ē / 147 x 74 mm) doesnít fit L12ís left pocket even if itís slotted in diagonally?
    @everythingslower, oops obviously I made a mistake here. I tried it again and actually the phone fits in both pockets. Sorry about that, I corrected the post. Thank you so much for asking and bringing this to my attention!
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy,
    Thanks really helpful (and awesome models)
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Sunny Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @everythingslower, oops obviously I made a mistake here. I tried it again and actually the phone fits in both pockets. Sorry about that, I corrected the post. Thank you so much for asking and bringing this to my attention!
    Oh yay, then I could get the bag! I was having second thoughts about L12 if the side pocket doesn't fit big phone. Thanks for your help!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6ft tall guy here. I donít carry much when Iím in town so I appreciate the L12ís size, did you hate the way the straps hit on you at our height or would it work? Iím talking about carrying it all day but only containing a wallet, keys, phone, and water bottle

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi onebag, it would work although I wouldn't call it ideal (I am also 6ft). The straps of the L12 are smaller, shorter and their top fixation points at the bag are closer together. Thus, they feel a bit tight at my armpits. I wouldn't call it uncomfortable but I would certainly wish they would be a bit more relaxed. The other issue is: The sternum strap sits really high on my chest even when the bag sits very high on my back which is important to benefit from the superb cushioning of the straps. Thus, I would certainly prefer the L15 even if I would need it for just a few things because the better carrying comfort would make the difference for me. But that is certainly a matter of taste.

Here are some pics to illustrate it a bit better:

Here I am wearing the L12:

On the bright side: Luminary 12 & 15 meet the Daylight Backpack-standing_trip_1-jpg

Here I am wearing the L15:

On the bright side: Luminary 12 & 15 meet the Daylight Backpack-standing_trip_2-jpg
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pics to illustrate it a bit better:
    @bartleby, that's one of the best set of fit comparison pics I've ever seen, bravo!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the response! I certainly feel better with my decision to go with the L15. Your fit compare pics are so helpful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2