Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some pics of the new PCSB

I got the first part of my order today (the second is still on the way): the new PCSB in 210d black ballistic. First let me say that I really like the fabric. It feels like a good fabric weight to actually use it as a packing cube but it didnít feel too flimsy either with my setup as a minimalist camera bag.

Some pics of the new PCSB-80244abd-c1c1-444d-8cfb-ee0293f02430-jpeg

(SSC in the background)

Some pics of the new PCSB-76365f8d-dfd4-4320-9a2a-4fd8792c42ee-jpeg

Keys and tissues in the front pocket.

Some pics of the new PCSB-e2330f56-09b4-4094-aede-eef22ed2cb31-jpeg

My camera insert, small ghost whale, wallet and a lunch box.

Some pics of the new PCSB-b3064bc5-dd51-4b24-807d-58fe304dba82-jpeg

I plan to keep my phone in the outside pocket of the camera insert (I took the case off so you can see it better) with this setup.

Some pics of the new PCSB-bec52cef-3cdb-4916-9336-0fea0a6bbde8-jpeg

I tethered the camera insert to an o-ring for more security. Plus that way the camera stays up front where itís easily accessible even when the rest of the bag is empty.

Because, one side really gets squashed a bit wearing it like I do. But itís not really an issue - this makes me feel like my wallet is more secure under that zipper, plus the placement of the strap attachment points mean the bag kind of hugs my body which I like. The only issue I have is with the strap - itís much too long for me. Iím 5í 3Ē and I sometimes like to wear my crossbody bags high in the small of my back. In these pictures the strap is as short as it goes, which makes it rest quite a bit lower. I think I definitely need to shorten it a bit, hopefully I can do it myself.

Some pics of the new PCSB-53795b9d-3fcf-4f18-b5bd-3c20c06e3449-jpeg

Some pics of the new PCSB-8a310823-678c-4ee1-aea8-ec3c2a5affb7-jpeg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Pics! I also received my order with a black PCSB today but had no time to check it out yet. I like the look and feel of the black 210 Ballistic very much, kind of elegant...
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    Great Pics! I also received my order with a black PCSB today but had no time to check it out yet. I like the look and feel of the black 210 Ballistic very much, kind of elegant...
    You're right, it really feels kind of elegant. I had first planned to sew some patches unto the PCSB, but now I'm not so sure anymore if that suits the fabric.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @b1gsky
    Which Tenba is that? The 9?

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by definityx View Post
    @b1gsky
    Which Tenba is that? The 9?
    No, it's the 7.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    No, it's the 7.
    I just got my 7. LOVE it. My Panasonic G85 didn't quite fit in it. I suppose technically it could've fit since I leave the top open in my bag. But I swapped it out for my GX85, so I'll be using that guy a bit more. That's more fitting for my "lug-around-every-day-for-snapping-shots" camera anyway.

But my G85 is still close buy in case we go out for a shoot.

The PCSB fits a lot more than I would've thought it did!

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by definityx View Post
    [...] The PCSB fits a lot more than I would've thought it did!
    Yes, I agree! I really love the Tenba 7 too. I’ve tried the 9, which technically would fit more lenses, but I don’t like to lug around too much camera gear so it’s a good way to force myself to pick beforehand which lenses to take. The 7 fits my E-M10 Mark II with lens attached and one additional lens (but I don’t own any of the big pro lenses).
    Last edited by b1gsky; 03-08-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked with Customer Service yesterday and they have none of the older shorter straps left, however, they’re going to make me a shorter one. Awesome! I’m going to have it shipped with my preorder so it will take a while to get here, but I can use the longer strap in the meantime.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I talked with Customer Service yesterday and they have none of the older shorter straps left, however, theyíre going to make me a shorter one. Awesome! Iím going to have it shipped with my preorder so it will take a while to get here, but I can use the longer strap in the meantime.
    Thatís great! Iíve been thinking about getting an extra of these straps so I donít have to move mine back and forth as much, but Iím concerned about the new strap length - Iím short and donít like when most of the strap is doubled up (this especially bothers me in the thinner 5/8Ē strap and is one of the reasons I prefer the 1Ē strap for my TC and SE). It would be nice if TB could offer two different length options on their straps.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the 9 fit inside the PCSB?

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zepnik View Post
    I don't have a 9 t to try it, but looking at the numbers it should fit.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zepnik View Post
    Yes, it sure does. Photo
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Do you use it as a sling when you get where you're going? I've really enjoyed using their Sidekick as a techy organizer in transit, then a day bag when I get there.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if I would use it as a bag in travel, actually. I prefer a backpack for that because I also have a RB36 which you can't carry in backpack mode like the Aeronauts. Having more than one bag on a shoulder strap is annoying. So the PCSB is going to stay in my RB36 for travel as a packing cube. I usually use the Tenba insert in my DLBP for travel in transit which works very well, but it's not so good at the destination because the camera is hard to get out of the bag. I hope that will be easier with the PCSB. Oh and I'm going to get a shorter strap for the PCSB in the mail next week, so I'll be able to also wear it messenger style high on my bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, I was convinced I don't need this, but your BYOB was exactly why I was going to. Partially holding out for different colors, but thanks for the sample pics with the BYOB!