Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luminary 15 Aubergine Review

I just posted a quick and detailed review of the luminary 15 myself as well if anyone is interested.
    Quick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu867u379Kk
    Detailed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsvXCb9x27A

Spoiler: This bag is awesome and I love it!!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
    I just posted a quick and detailed review of the luminary 15 myself as well if anyone is interested.
    Quick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu867u379Kk
    Detailed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsvXCb9x27A

Spoiler: This bag is awesome and I love it!!!
    Thank you!!!! I am not good at getting a full understanding of a bag without a video.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth... I tested a 12" iPad pro in the back tablet pocket. It really doesn't fit. With no case on the iPad I was able to get it in the pocket, but only with a bit of force and finagling. I wouldn't recommend this bag for a 12" iPad. At least not in the tablet compartment. It fits better in the main compartment if you don't carry a lot in the bag. I didn't have a case to test with the 12" but even without one it takes most of the bag width. I'd still say I probably don't recommend using one in this bag unless you have a slim case or no case. But it is possible.

A 9.7" ipad pro fits in the tablet pocket fine, even with an otterbox defender case with back on. However, I can't comment on how it affects the comfort of carrying the bag.

Forum Member
    Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luminary 15 Aubergine Review-20190420_122349-01-02-jpegLuminary 15 Aubergine Review-20190420_102033-01-01-jpeg

Forum Member
    Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving the size of this bag. Fits everywhere, holds so much for it's design. Light and comfortable. Durable. Yes. I like it. :-P

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth... I tested a 12" iPad pro in the back tablet pocket. It really doesn't fit.
    Bummer. I read this review only today. I have a 12.9" iPad Pro (2nd Gen), and for some reason, I thought it would fit in the back pocket. S19 too small, S25 too big, and I thought L15 was a perfect size. Sadly, I have to cancel my order after waiting for so long. Hopefully mine has not yet gone into production. I can't find a perfect TB backpack for the odd size of the ipad.

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgets View Post
    Bummer. I read this review only today. I have a 12.9" iPad Pro (2nd Gen), and for some reason, I thought it would fit in the back pocket. S19 too small, S25 too big, and I thought L15 was a perfect size. Sadly, I have to cancel my order after waiting for so long. Hopefully mine has not yet gone into production. I can't find a perfect TB backpack for the odd size of the ipad.
    Why not try the DLBP? I can fit my MacBook Air 11 in there with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    Why not try the DLBP?
    I think the iPad is much larger and heavier than macbook air 11". It needs to be in a Cache or a sleeve to be carried and protected in DLBP, which I don't like. Also, I would like to have a padded strap for a longer period of walking. L15's separate padded compartment would have been perfect, only if it fits. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth... I tested a 12" iPad pro in the back tablet pocket. It really doesn't fit. With no case on the iPad I was able to get it in the pocket, but only with a bit of force and finagling. I wouldn't recommend this bag for a 12" iPad. At least not in the tablet compartment. It fits better in the main compartment if you don't carry a lot in the bag. I didn't have a case to test with the 12" but even without one it takes most of the bag width. I'd still say I probably don't recommend using one in this bag unless you have a slim case or no case. But it is possible.

A 9.7" ipad pro fits in the tablet pocket fine, even with an otterbox defender case with back on. However, I can't comment on how it affects the comfort of carrying the bag.
    May I ask which generation 12" iPad you have? The newest 3rd gen is surprisingly smaller then the 2nd...

Forum Member
    Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bag is more slightly pear shaped. While it technically can go in the pocket, I wouldn't want to have to force it in there every time. It's very tight getting in the pocket. Once it's in, it also makes the back of the bag less comfortable being so firm and flat.l and just generally isn't ideal. It fits ok in the main pocket, but even that reduces the usable space a lot do to its size and shape. :-/

Forum Member
    Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the last generation with the larger borders around the screen. Sorry, I should have been more specific. Its not the newest, latest model with the magnetic pencil charger on the side. That night fit a little better. Not sure how much smaller it is. Still probably the biggest thing I'd try carrying in the back pocket, but it may work...

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgets View Post
    If the S19 is too small at 19 litres capacity then the Luminary 15 is definitely too small, since it is 4 litres smaller.
    My 13 inch Dell laptop fits in the S19 main compartment slip pocket, with or without cache.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    If the S19 is too small at 19 litres capacity then the Luminary 15 is definitely too small, since it is 4 litres smaller.
    My 13 inch Dell laptop fits in the S19 main compartment slip pocket, with or without cache.
    Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    I dont know... the volume numbers may be misleading. I felt S19 too small, and I think its because of the pockets that take up the space. The two are very similar in size according to the specs (11x16.5x7.9 vs 11.4x16x7.9). I guess its rather the shapes of the bags that make difference. Anyway, the separate padded compartment of L15 was the important feature over S19 for me.