Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smart Alec at Epcot

I keep coming back to this backpack. I love the top loading design because it lowers the risk of things just falling out if something wasn't fully zipped. I also love the side pockets for quick access to drinks and snacks.Smart Alec at Epcot-img_6560-1-jpg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree....

I hope TB makes this bag available again and also comes out with a smaller version. Maybe a 18 to 19 liter Smart Alec, which is perfect for a day pack to the park, gym, etc.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderersaurus View Post
    Totally agree....

I hope TB makes this bag available again and also comes out with a smaller version. Maybe a 18 to 19 liter Smart Alec, which is perfect for a day pack to the park, gym, etc.
    Ooh yes please! Plus a smaller SA would be most interesting! :)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trin0042 View Post
    I keep coming back to this backpack. I love the top loading design because it lowers the risk of things just falling out if something wasn't fully zipped. I also love the side pockets for quick access to drinks and snacks.
    I agree. Love my Smart Alecs and love Epcot, especially the Japan Pavillion. Nice picture.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the Luminary like a small Smart Alec? I don't have either, but they seem similar.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    Is the Luminary like a small Smart Alec? I don't have either, but they seem similar.
    I thought that too, but I don't have a luminary to do a direct comparison

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeeeees...they are similar in that the majority of the volume is unstructured vs the Synapses. The SA has two side pockets, the lid pocket, and the open pocket inside - the rest is unconstrained.

The Luminaries have two side pockets, the flat back pocket, and the fabric/unzippable pocket inside - the rest is unconstrained...

The shapes of the volumes are different though...

It's an interesting thought..cousins, not siblings maybe
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SA is basically a bucket on your back. I love the lack of structure. I can put in whatever I want, such as kids' sweaters, snacks, packing cubes, or whatevs. The SA isn't the most eye pleasing backpack when it's full, but I don't buy bags for the looks. I'm all in for functionality. The SA has been perfect for traveling with my family.