Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First impressions - Frame sheets and hip belts for A30 and A45

UPS delivered my frame sheets and hip belts today for our 2015 Aeronauts! Some observations:

1) Kudos to the team for no extra packaging and very minimal tape! Great for environmental impact! Only plastic was the plastic ties (maybe could be replaced with compostable twine?). I really appreciate that and want to let the team know.

2) I immediately put the frame sheets in backwards, after searching for the zipper pocket that doesn't exist before 2017 (having a very competent day, obviously). Tried them on. Hm, not as comfortable as I thought but I guess it will be OK. Reread the instructions -- oh! when I put them in the right way (label facing towards the bag, not me) they are SOOOOO comfortable.

3) Hip belt on the A30 is just on my hips (I'm 5'6" -- 168cm) tall, loosening the back straps helps settle the weight a bit. It was hard to snap the belt into the strap buckles, but once there it looks like they have always been there. I think it's great that they will tuck away too if needed.

My husband is leaving early tomorrow morning for a business trip and he HATES new complicated stuff, so he's very concerned that Things will be New and Different and Hard. So I haven't put the belt on the A45. I'll see if he'll try on my A30 and render a verdict. The frame sheet is uncomplicated and invisible, so I think that will be OK.

When he returns, we leave as a family on a short Easter break so I'll get a chance to pack it for real and report back.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a trip to Gothenburg by train for Easter, packed for both me and my daughter in the A30 -- ended up at 8.2kg coming back (after acquiring 3 new t-shirts for her plus being required to take on the iPad and her stuffed animals as her pack was too heavy..., over where I want to be for our summer trip, the hip belt was welcome but at a 7kg weight I might not need it. If any heavier it will be very welcome. Definitely had to loosen the shoulder straps to get the belt on my hips. All our clothes fit easily into the packing cubes for this 4-day trip, and the main compartment also swallowed stuffed animals and iPad, meaning the end pockets held cords, papers, water bottle, coffee thermos, and some other bits and bobs. It's hoped that during our summer trip I'll be able to take laundry stuff and a lightweight down quilt in them. Plus extra shoes. (sounds heavier now).