Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deluxe Spiff Kit as Craft / Beading Travel Kit

I've been meaning to try this since folks have posted about interesting ways they use bags that are theoretically designed for something else entirely...

So here is the Deluxe Spiff Kit toiletry kit in lovely new Island ballistic ... as a travel crafting/beaded jewelry kit

Here's a notsogreat photo of all the stuff that will go inside... this is an example of what I might bring if I were going to work for a couple of hours on a very specific colourway (sea green/blue) and metal (brass). It's metal findings, metal beads, lots of glass beads (mostly from the Czech Republic), a thin foam mat to work on, all the tools needed, and some earrings in progress.

Deluxe Spiff Kit as Craft / Beading Travel Kit-img_20190604_172221-1-jpg

Deluxe Spiff Kit as Craft / Beading Travel Kit-img_20190604_172232-1-jpg

Deluxe Spiff Kit as Craft / Beading Travel Kit-img_20190604_172227-1-jpg

The tools go into the Aubergine Cubelet... I'm using 525 here because the tools are sharp & pointy... the Cubelet goes into the top main pouch section, along with all the baggies of metal findings & metal beads.
    The foam mat folds up and fits on top of all that (perfectly, I might add).

Lower left pouch section is all the vials of seed beads.

Lower right section has all the glass beads.

Nalgene containers have mostly stone beads.

Here it is all packed up. Fits well, could fit more in - I could go to a park, coffee shop, friend's place, etc. and happily bead with this for a couple hours. Deciding on the colourway is obviously key... I have WAY more beading stuff than this (ahem) - takes up more plastic bin space than my TB collection.

Deluxe Spiff Kit as Craft / Beading Travel Kit-img_20190604_172702-1-jpg

A note about all the plastic...clear plastic is still the best way to store/view beads in process... rest assured I reuse my little baggies for YEARS... Since they're mostly stored and I open them carefully, they last a very long time. I still have bags with beads from 15 years ago, when I started this hobby.

ETA: and it just occurred to me - there's a mirror with the Spiff kit too - in case someone needs to demo the earrings
    Last edited by G42; 06-04-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're going to make me regret giving my sister my Deluxe Spiff Kit that I wasn't using! This is great. I'll just remind myself as many times as necessary that I wasn't using that Spiff Kit and I don't bead nearly as often as I knit, so I really don't need a travel beading kit no matter how nicely it would fit in a Spiff Kit. :)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally it's here! (/*w*)/

I freaking love it ! it's great and so neatly organized
    clever "bag in bag" idea for better protection of sharpy stuff

As some may know, I also have a Deluxe Spiff Kit dedicated to my on-go art stuff, but now the ballistic is out... it is hard to not buy a second one :,)
    Last edited by Rei; 06-05-2019 at 02:13 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant!!! I'm constantly trying to figure out which Bihn bags will work for taking craft tools to a workshop. So far, the zip top tote bag and the Truck works well for weaving supplies.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Brilliant!!! I'm constantly trying to figure out which Bihn bags will work for taking craft tools to a workshop. So far, the zip top tote bag and the Truck works well for weaving supplies.
    I have a Mars Red PT that travels around my 2 story apartment with a larger stash of stuff (bead storage is upstairs, beading happens downstairs) but if I want to take just a mini set up on a plane or a quick trip, I think the deluxe SK is going to be just dandy.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...