Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aeronaut 30 and Cafe Bag Packed and Ready for plane to Finland and Estonia

Almost achieved one bag Nirvana....but...

Aeronaut 30 weighs 15lbs. Packed!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by syskehus View Post
    Almost achieved one bag Nirvana....but...

Aeronaut 30 weighs 15lbs. Packed!

Can you take a few items out? I get to between 6 and 7kg if I've got winter clothes, but in summer it comes to a bit over 5kg.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bow.

If I were making that trip, Iíd be leaving my A30 at home and slogging the Patagucci MLC45 along with a small backpack. Iíd have plenty of empty space between the two bags but I donít think my stuff would fit comfortably in just my A30.

Going to California? Different story. Aeronaut 30 was a good fit along with the mediumCafe.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ThoImVJ

https://imgur.com/gallery/ThoImVJ
    Last edited by Bogiesan; 06-17-2019 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Imgur link correction

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My "backpack" for the trip is the TB Aeronaut 30 Packing Cube Backpack..but it is used for the flight as a main compartment packing cube. Halcyon Blue!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denise's, my bag weighs 6.8 kg as I leave

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denise's, the Cafe Bag is a product of my too easy to fret mind. I just wanted to have some personal items under my seat easier to reach in flight. I still have two hours before leaving for airport to reconsider

Forum Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to hear about your time in Finland and Estonia, as Iím planning a trip there next spring (and Stockholm as well). Iím planning on taking my tristar and medium cafe bag. Happy travels.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Titus, thank you for comment. Follow me here for I formation glows about Tom Bihn Bag info while I am traveling in Finland and Baltics. Iin 2 hours I will take off from Seattle enroute to Helsinki via London Gatwick.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Aeronaut 30 being stowed away in the overhead bin of the Premium class section of a Norwegian Airlines Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. Roomy space for my Tom Bihn Gear with me on my way to Finland and Estonia.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is it: a backpack capable main bag with a shoulder bag for a boarding and day bag. Both hands are free and easy access for boarding pass and passport. Security liquids bag, electronics and other heavy, dense, expensive stuff goes in the shoulder bag and under the seat. The backpack goes in the overhead. Arrange to your liking on arrival. If for some reason you must check the big bag, all the show stoppers are with you.

I use either a Smart Alec or Aeronaut 30 with a Makerís Bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWSeattle View Post
    This is it: a backpack capable main bag with a shoulder bag for a boarding and day bag. Both hands are free and easy access for boarding pass and passport. Security liquids bag, electronics and other heavy, dense, expensive stuff goes in the shoulder bag and under the seat. The backpack goes in the overhead. Arrange to your liking on arrival. If for some reason you must check the big bag, all the show stoppers are with you.

I use either a Smart Alec or Aeronaut 30 with a Maker’s Bag.
    Welcome to the Forums, @DWSeattle! I haven't flown with my Smart Alec yet but I plan to one of these days.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    syskehus, is that the Small Cafe Bag or the Medium Cafe Bag?

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like a Medium Cafe Bag to me from the proportions, but I could be wrong--@syskehus, if you see this, which is it? :)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.