Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuff Sacks in 210 Ballistic

I am a dedicated lover of the stuff sacks. I even think that you can't have too much of them. I use them for all kind of purposes such as organizing my socks in my closet, organizing my guitar cables when I go out to play on Saturday and of course when I pack for travelling. Thus, I am really thrilled that they now come in all kind of colors and today my latest order arrived with a couple of them. As I explained elsewhere I love black accessories and thus I ordered black sacks in every size:

Stuff Sacks in 210 Ballistic-stuffsack-2-jpg

Stuff Sacks in 210 Ballistic-stuffsack-1-jpg

Colors come in handy too as it is a lot easier to tell them apart (from left to right: Island, Coyote, Dawn, Island):

Stuff Sacks in 210 Ballistic-stuffsack-3-jpg

Stuff Sacks in 210 Ballistic-stuffsack-4-jpg

What I noticed is what is explained in this Blogpost about the difference in rigidity (or "hand" as the professionals say) of the 210 Ballistic: The black is much more rigid than the Island or Coyote one. To illustrate this I made two short videoclips: I turned both empty sacks upside down and put a small sack with a merino tee inside on top: See what happens.

Overall, the Island is much closer to the Halcyon 200 in terms of softness but perhaps the Black will break in a bit after some use.

Finally, the new sacks come with an improved cord lock that I consider much easier to operate than the old one. So happy about the new additions to my ever growing collection of accessories! Well done TB!!!
    Last edited by bartleby; 07-10-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great comparison. I have a handful of the TSS in Halcyon and really like them, but I often wonder if I should fill out my "collection" with the other sizes. Your photos make it easy to understand what gaps they'd fill.

Love that demo video showing rigidity -- are the different fabrics still the same weight???

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Love that demo video showing rigidity -- are the different fabrics still the same weight???
    Thanks! On my kitchen scale the TSS 4 in Black is 60 grams the one in Island is 58 grams. The "offical" weight is 63 grams. So yes, they virtually weigh all the same.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree TSS has endless usefulness! I only have halcyon so far but this was a great look at the ballistic- maybe my next order!