Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Amityville, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who have a heavy load out may want to consider getting the optional padded hip belts to distribute the weight on their backs better. I donít have a Synik but have similar straps on a brain bag and they definitely reduce the amount of stress on my shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got back from an overnight trip with my Synik and I'm thinking it was just the way I had the bag set up last time. I had the straps cinched up pretty tight and a lot of weight in the bottom outside "snake charmer" pocket away from my back. This time, I paid more attention, and indeed there were no shoulder pressure points, which is what the OP mentions--and even last time, it was more [very mild] back discomfort than shoulder pressure. This time again, it was not quite comfortable on the back (esp upper back). But then, I just loosened the straps slightly which probably changed the weight distribution, and it seemed to become more comfortable. That said, I was taking ubers everywhere, so the furthest I ever had to carry the bag was from the Uber to the gate, so more testing is necessary. I think that if I just loosen the straps going forward and set up the bag properly, I'll love it more.

Customer service confirmed from pictures of my straps that they looked normal (frankly, to my untrained eyes, they looked normal too.)

Thanks for the look and apologies for any unnecessary alarm here!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please see my new thread, "Synik 30 Straps: From Disappointing to Delightful." TB fixed them and now they're great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2