Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Pilot in Coyote!

My new Pilot arrived! Yay!

Consider me a Coyote Convert!!

And I think I may have now crossed the line from Bihn geek to Bihn junkie. I now own enough Tom Bihn product to open Bihn's first catalog showroom in Manhattan.

New Pilot in Coyote!-image1-jpeg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Pilot 👍🏻 Congrsts and enjoy! Any chance for a few more pics? Iíve wondered how the NW Sky interior looks with Coyote.

Great choice!!!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoo-hoo!!! I actually ordered a Pilot in coyote when they came in stock despite already having a Pilot in aubergine. I don't need 2 Pilots, but Coyote is so pretty that I didn't want to wait and then wish I had it when the color disappears again.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing but… must… resist ��

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swanksteak View Post
    Awesome Pilot ���� Congrsts and enjoy! Any chance for a few more pics? I’ve wondered how the NW Sky interior looks with Coyote.

Great choice!!!
    New Pilot in Coyote!-image1-2-jpeg

I think the NW sky looks good with Coyote, although if I had my druthers I'd have chosen Iberian red.

You can see I really use those O-rings and key straps!

-- The Burnt Orange ghost whale is a mini first aid kit.
    -- The Grass ghost whale is for my cash stash.
    -- The Aubergine mini Q-kit is the perfect size for nail clippers, travel dental floss, and my iPhone charger and cord.
    -- The keys on the NW sky key strap are for my gym lockers.

I never carry a water bottle, so that center compartment is big enough to swallow up that mini Q-kit, an umbrella, larger Q-kit for spare battery pack, gum, and travel salt shaker ... and still enough room left over for just about any other small odd-shaped object I need to stuff in there -- it feels like a bottomless pit!

And in the main compartment -- a bonus:

New Pilot in Coyote!-image1-3-jpeg

The main compartment is an absolute cavern. That's a hoodie, neatly folded inside one of my A45 end packing cubes, fitting perfectly inside the main compartment -- with plenty of room to spare for headphones, magazines, and files.

I don't carry a laptop, but my 13-inch MacBook Air fits perfectly.

As an EDC briefcase, the Pilot fits everything I could ever want to carry, with room to spare. In the 1050 ballistic nylon, it holds its shape like a boss even when totally empty.

But it IS big and boxy. For me, it's perfect for workdays, travel, and maybe even an overnight bag.

But for weekends, evenings, and casual out-and-abouts, it's a bit much.

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ADD:

I could actually see using this as my "one bag" for an overnight business trip.

The main compartment feels like about 2/3 of one of the two sides of my Western Flyer. I could easily fit in that A45 end packing cube a fresh shirt, pair of underwear, pair of socks, and maybe even a light pair of chinos -- and still have some room left over for my laptop and a couple of magazines or some files.

The front center compartment could easily accommodate toiletries.

And those front end compartments -- everything else.

And -- BONUS -- once you're there it's your EDC briefcase. The front end compartments are also deep enough to accommodate a travel cubelet if you want something small to carry around during your "down" time.
    Last edited by NYCWriter; 09-18-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That actually is a rocking color combo! Yeah, Iberian would be great but I had no idea NW Sky would pair that well with Coyote. LOVE contrast of the black handle and zippers with the Coyote. Your post has put my wallet in danger!

I really love the Pilot. Briefcase, travel bag, EDCÖ it does everything well. I've yet to see a shoulder bag that offers as much.

GREAT pics and thanks so much for the terrific write up! :)

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swanksteak View Post
    Wow! That actually is a rocking color combo! Yeah, Iberian would be great but I had no idea NW Sky would pair that well with Coyote. LOVE contrast of the black handle and zippers with the Coyote. Your post has put my wallet in danger!

I really love the Pilot. Briefcase, travel bag, EDC… it does everything well. I've yet to see a shoulder bag that offers as much.

GREAT pics and thanks so much for the terrific write up! :)
    Yeah, I have to agree with you: NW Sky does look pretty sharp with Coyote!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I absolutely have used my Pilot on a 3 day business trip as my only suitcase. Of course, I only brought a phone as my electronic equipment. Everything else was clothing or toiletries, and the hotel supplied a lot of what I used anyway. I really don't need a lot of my normal toiletries if I'm gone for a couple of days.