Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me if the new attachment points still enable the PCSB to be used as a sling bag, like in the post below? I am in need of a lightweight sling bag.

https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...sling-bag.html

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of--the PCSB has the same triangular attachment points it used to have, but they've moved to the front and back of the bag. That means you can still attach the same kinds of strap, but it's slightly more awkward to wear because of the offset attachment points.

You can see the new placement clearly in this photo from the website:

In Memoriam: TB PCSB, OG Style-screen-shot-2019-10-24-9-00-16-pm-jpg
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you aedifica. Does anyone have pictures of themselves wearing a new-style bag in sling mode?

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 from me on the old style. The Side Kick suffers from a similar problem in the new design. End clips are much more useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    You could offer both options, note the risk & probability, and let people vote with their wallets : )
    We could, but that would be our first foray into the realm of a limited warranty and we're still not sure how we feel about that. It's something we've discussed before, but in relation to Cork fabric: it's a beautiful fabric, and it's good to support cork forests, and while it is a durable material, it just doesn't last as long as ballistic nylon. If we ever offered it again, it would need to have a limited warranty and an explanation that, due to the nature of the fabric, it will darken or flake off or otherwise naturally age a little here or there over time and with regular use.

Anyway... we are experimenting with some ideas for the PCSB :) No promises though, this could take a bit.
    Last edited by Darcy; 10-28-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    Thank you aedifica. Does anyone have pictures of themselves wearing a new-style bag in sling mode?
    Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandamama, thank you! Love your Totoro plushie :)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíve been using the new PCSB as a day bag in Disney World. Itís a perfect size for holding my wallet, chapstick, Yeti 18 oz water bottle, and sunglasses.

Iíll alternate wearing it in the front or back depending on crowds and if my back is getting too hot in the Florida heat.

Synapse 25 Black/Wasabi Cordova, Pilot Navy/Northwest Sky Ballistic Nylon, Co-Pilot Black/Wasabi Halcyon, Aeronaut 45 Black/Wasabi Ballistic Nylon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2