Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: TARDIS #2

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TARDIS #2

I made my Pop Tote into a TARDIS a couple years ago. I always thought I would put the second larger set of patches on a Road Buddy, since my Skookum Doggie Duffle is my all time favorite TB travel bag. It took TB saying the Road Duffles were discontinued to get my butt in gear and buy one. TARDIS #2 is complete.

TARDIS #2-img_7530-jpg

Colorado Springs
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BWeaves. More nifty inkle bands too! (My Aubergine Pilot still hankers for one. :-)

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matching sets always have a certain charm to them. :)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree - I love to see a pretty matching set of items! Very clever patches.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I put handwoven inkle bands on all my luggage, that way my husband is always sure which bags are ours. Lately, my method has bit a bit more low key. I used to put the band around a handle and then braid it and then have fringe. Now I wrap the band around the handle and use Steam-a-Seam II (like Stitch Witchery) to glue the ends together. Having the iron steaming close to the TB handles for about 15 seconds doesn't hurt the fabric. I don't put the iron on the TB handles, just the inkle.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, I just assumed you were sewing them on! (Sewing the band to itself, not the band to the handle.). I guess since you are not checking the bags, the bands (and bags) aren't subject to the stresses of luggage handling.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Yes, I put handwoven inkle bands on all my luggage, that way my husband is always sure which bags are ours. Lately, my method has bit a bit more low key. I used to put the band around a handle and then braid it and then have fringe. Now I wrap the band around the handle and use Steam-a-Seam II (like Stitch Witchery) to glue the ends together. Having the iron steaming close to the TB handles for about 15 seconds doesn't hurt the fabric. I don't put the iron on the TB handles, just the inkle.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This made my day! Thanks @BWeaves
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Interesting, I just assumed you were sewing them on! (Sewing the band to itself, not the band to the handle.). I guess since you are not checking the bags, the bands (and bags) aren't subject to the stresses of luggage handling.
    For my luggage that gets checked, the inkles are braided and and knotted, not glued. If I was nervous about the glued ones coming apart, I would sew them after gluing, but I've never had a problem. I'm not worried about the TARDIS bags, because nothing else will look like them.

But you reminded me that I need to put a luggage tag with my name and address inside the bag.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 10-29-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    This made my day! Thanks @BWeaves
    You're welcome.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is absolutely brilliant! Do you happen to have a source for the patches?

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amw View Post
    This is absolutely brilliant! Do you happen to have a source for the patches?
    Yes I do. On Etsy.com the shop is VioletPhoenixDesignz

Full Set of TARDIS Patches for DIY Ergobaby Carrier (Mine came with two sets of patches in different sizes, and I don't know if that was intended or not. I wasn't expecting the second set.) I had no intention of making the Baby Carrier.

Here's the link to my exact purchase.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2169859...f=yr_purchases

However, if you search on Etsy.com for TARDIS patch or Police Box patch, you will find all sorts of other Etsy sellers with various TARDIS patches.

You can go down a rabbit hole of Doctor Who items on Etsy. I just purchased 2 lunchbags with TARDIS designs, because I couldn't decide which design I liked better. I keep eyeing all the totebags, but they could never live up to my TB shop bags.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 10-31-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Got a set before they sold out.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was sure my next bag (S25) was going to be Original Halcyon or Aubergine 525, but that Deep Blue? Love the Pop Tardis!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are AMAZING!!