Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HLT2 with craft supplies

Iíve been thinking for days about what I will put in the HLT. So many choices! I love the size. I love the pockets. Overwhelmed by the possibilities. I wanted to put stuff in it that I use regularly, rather than stuff that sits in a drawer most of the time. Then it occurred to me that I keep a Tom Bihn Kit (precursor to the Q-Kit) filled with craft stuff the kids arenít allowed to use on their own: the real glue, Sharpies, etc.

The outside pocket originally held my Leatherman:

But then I put my glue sticks in because they are flatter:

I added in a double leaf pouchkin from my first aid kit, a perfect fit:

The pouchkin contains pointy scissors and super glue.

The mesh pocket holds my hot glue pen and Leatherman. The right hand side contains a couple of glues, a Sharpie, a roll of Scotch Tape, and seemingly out of place are three Sheffield fruit knives in sheaths that I donít want to be out of sight (ie out of mind!) but are too sharp to be left out. The kids think that because they are small, they are ďkid knivesĒ HLT2 with craft supplies so theyíre best tucked away.

Iím really happy with this use of the HLT because itís stuff I use and itís of varied sizes, just right for the many different pockets.
    Last edited by Cristina; 12-01-2019 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Added pic

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kept studying the product descriptions and reading the reviews posted so far, trying to convince myself that I need the HLT, but not seeing how it could work for me. Thank you, Cristina, for showing me that I *need* a couple of these: One for my Swift (crochet) and one for my MB (cross-stitch & embroidery)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Iíve been thinking for days about what I will put in the HLT. So many choices! I love the size. I love the pockets. Overwhelmed by the possibilities. I wanted to put stuff in it that I use regularly, rather than stuff that sits in a drawer most of the time. Then it occurred to me that I keep a Tom Bihn Kit (precursor to the Q-Kit) filled with craft stuff the kids arenít allowed to use on their own: the real glue, Sharpies, etc.

The outside pocket originally held my Leatherman:

But then I put my glue sticks in because they are flatter:

I added in a double leaf pouchkin from my first aid kit, a perfect fit:

The pouchkin contains pointy scissors and super glue.

The mesh pocket holds my hot glue pen and Leatherman. The right hand side contains a couple of glues, a Sharpie, a roll of Scotch Tape, and seemingly out of place are three Sheffield fruit knives in sheaths that I donít want to be out of sight (ie out of mind!) but are too sharp to be left out. The kids think that because they are small, they are ďkid knivesĒ HLT2 with craft supplies so theyíre best tucked away.

Iím really happy with this use of the HLT because itís stuff I use and itís of varied sizes, just right for the many different pockets.